Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where are single-player wads that make you feel at home and are softly textured?

The only example I found is the outdoor area in the outdoors of dwango5 MAP01, and the majority of greenwar.

Here's an example of what feel I want through the entire wad/map:

Wads that "make you feel at home"??? What does it mean, beyond homaging Entryway?

Fistula, Subterra, Subspace and Vesperas work for me. Don't know why, but I think those levels made a big impression on me when I first experienced them on the PSX.

Cozy and Doom don't really go together. However there's a certain feeling I get when I run down a corridor with a texture like bars or like the corridors in Underhalls. It just feels good for some reason.

I think most of Adventures of Square Episode 1 maps would qualify as cozy, especially the first map where you start in the village.

Cozy moments in Doom for me usually come up when I finish fighting a horde of monsters, I find some secret with health that I can close and can enjoy a bit of silence until I fight the demons again.
This doesn't happen in many maps.

Toxin Refinery feels cozy to me for some reason. Heck, I'll even bet the toxic pools are not as bad as those warning signs make them out to be.