Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azan yousuf

An Ultimate Doom demo + MBF compat discussion

This desyncs for me, how did you record it? Also, assuming this isn't some amazing revolution, it would probably have been better to put it directly in the ultimate doom thread.

kraflab said:

it would probably have been better to put it directly in the ultimate doom thread.

Yes.

kraflab said:

This desyncs for me

For me too. Any reason why there's no TXT file?

Message says Player 1 is turbo, probably why it desyncs?

Anyways, "who can't really do the monster glide" I assume you mean E2M7? In which case this RJ is done in the episode run.

A quick hex check reveals it is a MBF demo and features 36CE movement bytes, which is indeed turbo. It would probably have been better to put it directly in the TAS demos thread. :)

dew said:

A quick hex check reveals it is a MBF demo

-complevel 11 did not fixed the issue.

It's an MBF-format demo, not an MBF one. The actual complevel is 17.
@Azan yusuf: please read the sticky on complevels and turn on Extended Demo Format (Options -> General -> 3rd page) so that your demos can be played back automatically.

entryway said:

Levels of compatibility after -complevel 9 (BOOM) suck and nobody use them and nobody should use them

If you need more reasons than that, here is an older post of mine that goes over the complevel stuff in some detail and explains why "-complevel 17" should not be used in general.

Never_Again said:

"-complevel 17" should not be used in general.

I think 2,3,4 and 9 are the ONLY ones that should be used. Azan yusuf, do you hear that? And don't forget the TXT. Cheers.