Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Gameplay Video at 1080/60

I just noticed that revenant carrying the imp and rippings its limbs off at https://youtu.be/kRPpamFLrLw?t=3m8s even though it's really obvious now, thought it's just plain lone revenant walking around at first

dammit those body parts need to drip blood to the ground, alot of times it looks like the monsters just breaking into grey playdough.

LANEGRACABRA said:

dammit those body parts need to drip blood to the ground, alot of times it looks like the monsters just breaking into grey playdough.

Agreed. That's the one thing that bothered me about the gore. The limbs and chunks of flesh that fell onto the ground left no blood splatters. The bodies didn't bleed out either. That should be included in the final game. I wish they would also take another cue from Brutal Doom and have some of the gore stick to the walls and slowly slide off. That is one the best gore effects I have ever seen in a game. I wish they could make these final touches but it probably won't happen.

That dripping wall blood effect happened originally in ZDoom. Brutal Doom just makes more of it.

Even then, Duke Nukem 3D did it first (Or earlier).

Even if the gibbing isn't very dynamic, they could've make it "illusionary" at least with blood and variety of guts/tissue textures or something.

Clonehunter said:

That dripping wall blood effect happened originally in ZDoom. Brutal Doom just makes more of it.

Even then, Duke Nukem 3D did it first (Or earlier).

One of the very few (three?) FPS games on the Sega Megadrive / Genesis, Zero Tolerance, also did it. Though that probably came out after Duke, now that I think about it.

Zero Tolerance also had crablike enemies who could climb the walls / run along the ceilings to chase you. Something I'd loved to have done if I ever re-made Bughunt.

And it had security cameras which, if they saw you, would sound an alarm and draw nearby enemies towards you. Advanced stuff in it's day, especially on a 16-bit system!