Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Unholypimpin

Heres to hoping for arachnotrons or smm in doom4

So last night I saw the doom4 reveal and I fell in love with the game straight away. Everything about that game just felt so right and I was pretty pleased with all the enemies, sure i'm not a fan of the doom3ish hellhights and or barons of hell but I can kind of over look it.

Now one thing that really bummed me out about doom3 more than the crappy gameplay was the arachnotron and spider mastermind were not present in the game at all. Nothing would make me happier then to see modern representations of one or both of the great spider enemies I know and love from the original doom in doom4. I wouldn't even care if doom4 was just a doom3 spinoff as long as the original spider demons were present.

Now I realize doom 4 is not finished and there are probably a few aspects of it that are yet to be finished and couldnt be shown in the reveal, however this game looks fucking awesome and it would be amazing to be able to battle the great spider demons once again in a fresh new doom game.

Anyone else here feel the same way? Post a reply if you want or hope they make it into doom4.

I totally agree, and what would be cool if one of their finishers on the doom marine would be to control his mind and make himself take his own life or use telekinesis to fling him around the room.

One way they could update Arachnotrons would be in mobility: give it a design similar to it's Doom 64 counterpart and have it scuttle along walls and ceilings and you're set. Of course this is just my idea, but it seems like a good path to take.

I'd really love to see both the Arachnotrons and the Spiderdemon in Doom 4.

Obsidian said:

One way they could update Arachnotrons would be in mobility: give it a design similar to it's Doom 64 counterpart and have it scuttle along walls and ceilings and you're set. Of course this is just my idea, but it seems like a good path to take.

Thats actually a really good idea! More mobility would suit them.

Obsidian said:

Personally, I think that'd be kinda cool. I was imagining it'd be really hard to keep them as they are since they are these giant bulky things that would have a hard time navigating any environment that isn't flat like in Doom 1 and 2.

I can also see someone being pissed off LOL. But whatever.

Or put a smaller brain in a mech suit, but have the cockpit in the stomach so the player would be thrown off trying to get headshots, but then after they notice that it does nothing, they see the little pink brain guy in the belly and go "aha."

Wait.

I like the designs of the monsters thus far. As for the arachnatrons, I think we'll see them. I wonder if they will still use the plasma gun, or fire those red lasers like some of the other baddies? I can see it now, the arachnatrons scuttling upside down on a ceiling attacking you from above.

Haha yeah that could be a cool new take on the Arachnotron. A monster that scuttles along the walls and ceilings to take pot-shots at you.

I wonder if we will see any of the newer baddies return from Doom3? Don't know if I want to see the Trites again to be honest.

Piper Maru said:

I'd like to see the Brusier from ROE to return, you know the TV monitor for a mouth monster.

Those things actually were damn scary to me. I breeze through Doom 3 like nothing, but hearing the thumping footsteps of those guys and their rapid fire attacks that kill you easily was pretty intense. And they're pretty damn weird too which is a plus.

Stratton said after the unveiling that the Hell map shown was about halfway through the game. This suggests the Cyberdemon won't be the final boss, leaving the position open for the Mastermind, the IoS, or maybe something completely new (though I'd rather one of the former two personally).

Also, while Hell Knights look like their Doom 3 counterparts, it's not to say Barons won't be present, and they may well be based on the original...

Piper Maru said:

I'd like to see the Brusier from ROE to return, you know the TV monitor for a mouth monster.

I hope they come back as actual trap monsters. Try a computer panel only to find out it's a friggin monster

Clonehunter said:

I hope they come back as actual trap monsters. Try a computer panel only to find out it's a friggin monster

They tried to make them work as far back was Doom 3 but that was another failed promise by id.

Obsidian said:

I really like this idea and I can see it happening. Hell Knights mantled ledged like the player did.