Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

I want to believe everyone shares my opinion

Recommended Posts

You all agree that was total bullshit right? RIGHT? I couldn't imagine a lousier gore system. Everything looked so incredibly weak and lightweight. This game was treated just like shadow warrior and duke nukem 3d. Cheap ass engine with generic ambiance and a total ignorance of the game's original concept. Also my worst fear came true: once again, just like doom 3, the demon hellspawn of classic imaginary demons combined with sci fi cyborg stuff was replaced by some sort of genetically evolved realistic species that developed in a different planet and therefore all look alike (and boring). Everything was really just like Doom 3, and I hated that game.

So yeah, this sucks.

Share this post


Link to post

Still loads better than doom3 though even in the reveal. Doom3 was super cramped where as this game looks much more open and has demons attacking you from more angles than just in front or in back of you.

Share this post


Link to post

Uh, where do you get the info that they all evolved on an alien planet? Based on the hell portion, there's definitely Hell, heh...

A lot of those same looking demons were zombies I think.

And back in Doom 1 I always thought the Cyberdemon and barons of hell were related. Spider mastermind and arachnotron were related. Hellknight was a palette swap.

In Doom 4 it appears they are making the imp and hell knight closely related but then there's the cacodemon that looks completely different. The mancubus looks nothing like the others, although it does look a bit too generic for my tastes. Revenant looks a lot like the original and nothing like the others.

Share this post


Link to post
potnop said:

Uh, where do you get the info that they all evolved on an alien planet? Based on the hell portion, there's definitely Hell, heh...

A lot of those same looking demons were zombies I think.

And back in Doom 1 I always thought the Cyberdemon and barons of hell were related. Spider mastermind and arachnotron were related. Hellknight was a palette swap.

In Doom 4 it appears they are making the imp and hell knight closely related but then there's the cacodemon that looks completely different. The mancubus looks nothing like the others, although it does look a bit too generic for my tastes. Revenant looks a lot like the original and nothing like the others.


You didn't get my point at all. That's not what I meant. Of course all demons are related in the original doom, but this new one tried to give that impression through a genetical-morphological point of view, and with a particular aesthetic that is ripped off resident evil's mutants and lots of generic horror stuff you see nowadays. Hellknights are the worst case in this, they were replaced by giant brutes that totally look like big imps (DOOM 4 imps, that is). And every single monster shares the same qualities. They ALL look alike. Even the cacodemons. It's in the way they are all represented. It's not some particular body feature. But really, if you cannot see the difference between the hellish fantasy-sci fi aesthetic of the first doom and this aberration, there's no point explaining. you are probably too young.

Share this post


Link to post
Lycaon said:

I want to believe everyone shares my opinion


Why? Most peoples reactions appear to be either outright good or just meh. But few think it looks bad.

Share this post


Link to post

We've been betrayed yet again! The franchise is finished.

*Boots up vanilla Doom*

Nobody understands Doom the way I do.

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe I'm just overjoyed at the prospect of a new a Doom game, but my only concern right now is strong level design and that hasn't been addressed yet.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know why, but I'm getting some serious reptilian conspiracy theory vibes from this thread.

What is wrong with me?

Share this post


Link to post
Jaxxoon R said:

I don't know why, but I'm getting some serious reptilian conspiracy theory vibes from this thread.

What is wrong with me?


It's the imps I tell you, they're trying to undermine us so they ripped and torn apart in spring of 2016.

Share this post


Link to post

I think the main problem here is that there's a large opportunity that was missed. The hellknights should have big swinging dicks, and if you perform a cinematic attack on them, you beat them off and they get sent back to hell. However if you get too close and they grab you, they should perform a cinematic attack of their own where they fuck your face in first person. This would be intense because QTEs will be included in such situations, such ass supressing your gag reflex, sucking their dick better to make the event go by faster (thus taking less damage), and being able to properly swallow the pint of demon semen that gets shot down your throat. This is by far the most disappointing aspect of Doom 4 and I hope Bethesda will remedy this.

Share this post


Link to post
Lycaon said:

And every single monster shares the same qualities. They ALL look alike. Even the cacodemons. It's in the way they are all represented. It's not some particular body feature. But really, if you cannot see the difference between the hellish fantasy-sci fi aesthetic of the first doom and this aberration, there's no point explaining. you are probably too young.


Trollin' pretty hard, bro.

Share this post


Link to post

Well actually the genetic makeup of cacodemons is quite similar to a hell knight if you read the end game text from DooM 2. It's spelled out right there, so, if anything, Doom 4 is damn accurate in its portrayal and faithful to the source material.

Share this post


Link to post

I read somewhere that Cacodemons are genetically related to tomatoes. So are Cacodemons a vegetable or a fruit? TEACH THE CONTROVERSY.

Share this post


Link to post
Lycaon said:

there's no point explaining. you are probably too young.

I don't think even Grouchbag could understand what you're trying to say.

Share this post


Link to post
RottKing said:

I think the main problem here is that there's a large opportunity that was missed. The hellknights should have big swinging dicks, and if you perform a cinematic attack on them, you beat them off and they get sent back to hell. However if you get too close and they grab you, they should perform a cinematic attack of their own where they fuck your face in first person. This would be intense because QTEs will be included in such situations, such ass supressing your gag reflex, sucking their dick better to make the event go by faster (thus taking less damage), and being able to properly swallow the pint of demon semen that gets shot down your throat. This is by far the most disappointing aspect of Doom 4 and I hope Bethesda will remedy this.


Please no Oculus support for the love of god!

Share this post


Link to post

My expectations failed miserably.


That would be my updated custom title, please.

Share this post


Link to post
Piper Maru said:

I read somewhere that Cacodemons are genetically related to tomatoes. So are Cacodemons a vegetable or a fruit? TEACH THE CONTROVERSY.


No, it's actually pumpkins.

This is why we have IDSPISPOPD. You must smash them into putrid piles of debris, which is exactly what their death animation is.

That reminds me. Seeing these guys in a serious wad cracks me the hell up. http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/beastiary-mainmenu-136/384-cacolantern

There's a friggin candle inside them when they open their mouths. LOLOLOL.

Share this post


Link to post

Can I get a custom title? 1337 Badass Yolo MLG DooMguy 430 Swag

I was a member for a looong time, then there must've been a reset or something because it treats me as a newbie again. I even had a badass avatar of doom guy that I drew.

(Or maybe I'm confusing my account on Newdoom forums, whoa is Newdoom gone?!)

Share this post


Link to post

Oooh... Newdoom is long gone. The story of its fall is an old one.

Basically the guy that ran it went insane and became a nazi demon monsters, then everybody left. Now just recently some Hexen fansite absorbed it like Agar.io.

And it was cool(?).

Share this post


Link to post

I think the monsters in Doom 4 are in fact demons, Just experimented on by the UAC? I'd be kinda disappointed if that isn't the case.. But either way it looks great to me, just needs a bit of polish.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, the monsters in the new Doom game are demons. Either they stole the technology and assimilated it, or they captured by the UAC and experimented on. I wonder though, some of the zombies look rather mutated, perhaps they are morphing into Imp creatures? If so, I speculate whatever forces that possess humans and turns into zombies, later on in their state they start becoming Imps? Like I see some of the zombie creatures that have what appear to be a skull face but the eye socket seems to merge into one, and eventually vanish? The Imps doesn't seem to have any obvious eyes. This is of course pure speculation. Does anyone else see this?

Share this post


Link to post
Piper Maru said:

Yes, the monsters in the new Doom game are demons. Either they stole the technology and assimilated it, or they captured by the UAC and experimented on. I wonder though, some of the zombies look rather mutated, perhaps they are morphing into Imp creatures? If so, I speculate whatever forces that possess humans and turns into zombies, later on in their state they start becoming Imps? Like I see some of the zombie creatures that have what appear to be a skull face but the eye socket seems to merge into one, and eventually vanish? The Imps doesn't seem to have any obvious eyes. This is of course pure speculation. Does anyone else see this?


All i see is bullshit and model rehash. Zombies were supposed to be zombies, and imps were supposed to be demons not toad people

Share this post


Link to post
Piper Maru said:

What, you don't like toads?


No and I want to believe everyone shares my opinion

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×