Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

New Star Wars Battlefront gameplay trailer

Looks okay. Very similar to the first two. The AT-AT on the rails is a little lame, apparently because it needs to go on its thin path, as it has no other room to move, apparently. Still, this was also done with the PSP Battlefronts, and not too many people complained, for whatever reason.

Oh boy, the battle of Hoth...again. Would it kill them to have shown an original battle or something. How many times to they need to remake this, we already saw it in the first 2 & countless other Star Wars games.

Nerds hate Battlefield and CoD, yet they love Star Wars. This will be an interesting experiment.

No one wants original. They want to keep reliving the movies and things they've known for 30 - 40 years. That's why anything new will ultimately "fail" in a fan's eyes and why Star Wars will still make money by going to the cow again and again.

Okay honestly I think this looks awesome.. But I'm about to choke the next developer that doesn't make their game for the fucking Wii U! I don't have a good enough CPU to run this and I don't want a fucking Xbox One because Microsoft is a bunch of cheap bastards that make shitty products because they know people will buy them and I don't want a PS4 because I can't afford the online (that also applies to Xbox One). Sorry for the rant haha

geo said:

Nerds hate Battlefield and CoD, yet they love Star Wars. This will be an interesting experiment.

No one wants original. They want to keep reliving the movies and things they've known for 30 - 40 years. That's why anything new will ultimately "fail" in a fan's eyes and why Star Wars will still make money by going to the cow again and again.

Sounds familiar. Like something happening to another franchise we love. RIGHT?

hardcore_gamer said:

Ever heard of SMBX?

I know I have. Used it really intensely for a while. Made a lot of games / levels with it. It love it and its perfect in my eyes after using Lunar Magic for so long.

My only gripe is they used Return of the Jedi Luke instead of Empire Strikes Back Luke. Like seriously? Green saber on Hoth? Fucking hell EA. How can we trust you to make a competent large scale war shooter if you can't even get the right time period for Luke?

SavageCorona said:

My only gripe is they used Return of the Jedi Luke instead of Empire Strikes Back Luke. Like seriously? Green saber on Hoth? Fucking hell EA. How can we trust you to make a competent large scale war shooter if you can't even get the right time period for Luke?

DLC.

Avoozl said:

My only disappointment so far is that it won't feature space battles.

I think a bigger problem is that the clone wars won't be included.

...at launch at least.

SavageCorona said:

ON one hand I'd say "Budget Constraints" or the Instant Action feature is Non Canon anyways. But then I remember that Battlefront 2 had a pilot Luke with a blue saber on Hoth... So Dice is just lazy, or EA wants DLC.

hardcore_gamer said:

...at launch at least.

General Jar Jar Binx!

I am also bummed out by the lack of inclusion of space battles. Granted, they weren't perfect, and so I kinda understand on some level (someone saying, "Well they're so hacked together to fit the engine, why bother?"), but they were one of my favorite parts of Battlefront II. I would like the inclusion of the Clone Wars for completeness, but honestly, that aspect I can do without (I almost always play Galactic Civil War era - droids just aren't as fun to slaughter as stormtroopers).

geekmarine said:

droids just aren't as fun to slaughter as stormtroopers).

Hard Reset had that problem.

hardcore_gamer said:

To be honest I really don't care much about the Clone Wars anymore, I have had enough of it since the first two BF games and other Star Wars games such as Republic Commando.