Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

FF7 Remake Announced

Wow that looks like far too much detail. Another 5 year long game? Good call.

Still got my original playsation 1 version with the 3 disks, I remember getting it at a pawnshop for $70 and playing it every night at my cottage during the summer. Those were pleasant times.

Clood. Turm HD. Turn into an HD clooood. Cloood HD Port Cloood HD Port Cloood HD Port.

As you can see it became an HD remake instead. Sometimes that happens.

I remember playing the original on my playstation back in the day, when the game first came out. I don't consider myself an actual fan of the series, being that was the only one I played. But I recall really enjoying the grittiness of FF7. Perhaps this could be interesting for me to check out.

It's still really funny to see Barret's real-ass minigun next to Cloud's windmill blade club. Either way I'm very happy this has come into existence.

TheCupboard said:

I would pay money to go see this movie.

That's how I felt about Brutal Legend. I loved what was it Advent Children? Until I watched it years later, then I didn't like it, but whatever.

Question; will I actually get to play this, or have to sit and watch like most Squeenix games these days?

I heard a ton of people talking about this, and when they brought up FInal Fantasy Legends or whatever it was called, I thought they had pulled one massive bit of horse shit on the crowd, who was pretty silent for that showing. Then they actually showed FF7 Remake, and the crowd went wild.

Nintendo needs to step up their game, they got a Zelda and a Space Soccer on the way but Sony and Microsoft got Final Fantasy 7. Final Fantasy fucking 7.

You want to know why the fifth generation went the way it did, how Sony got the foothold long enough hold their own in the market until they finally built the PS2 and put the final nail in Sega's coffin? Final Fantasy fucking 7 was a huge part of that reason. I've heard stoic, bitter men scream like dinosaurs are eating their testicles over this thing. This... thing that I never even thought would ever happen.

Killer app, killer app. Now let's hope they don't fuck it up.

I remember playing the demo on PC and thinking "well, this sucks". My friends loved it though.

Jaxxoon R said:

Now let's hope they don't fuck it up.

They've already said they're going to modernize it. Whether that's a good thing or not, I have no idea. The original is such a product of its time, and I don't think there's been a Square Enix remake yet that I've preferred to the original.

I call your chintzy NES bootleg and raise you one competent demake!

Accidentally wandered into the Japanese-speaking part of YouTube (that exists apparently, never knew until now) while looking for more information on the very same bootleg you posted and found this. Looked at the website in the video description and the latest activity was about 8 days ago so it seems to still be ongoing. Very... interesting I should say.

Count me in with the cynical old curmudgeons that aren't very hopeful. Might be pleasantly surprised, but not counting on it.

I just hope they don't skimp on the Golden Saucer attractions and chocobo breeding.

Maybe now they'll shut up. FF7 got four spinoff games and a movie. It's time for another FF to get new material.

First The Last Guardian, now a Final Fantasy 7 remake!?

Whats next Half-Life 3!?

I've heard a lot of horror stories about Half-Life 3 never becoming a thing.

If it's so, the community could just make their own Half-Life 3 with [Futurama joke] and [Futurama joke], Valve already has provided them with an engine.

;)

[sarcasm and splinter-level funnies]

Wow! This looks very interesting, let's see how Square-Enix will handle this.

Turn out this game might actually come out this decade, instead of after 15 years of scary and troubling Duke Forever-style development hell. How can they do this? Turns out they're splitting the entire thing into multiple, full-fleshed-out games.

Makes sense really. This way they can improve along the way and make a console generation jump much easier if needed. It also means they can, you know, make a profit off what will likely be a monster of a game.

Why? It's basically just FF15's combat system which is decent enough. Though I guess if you didn't like Kingdom Hearts' gameplay or FF7 in general it wouldn't do much for you.