Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The New Cacodemon

Piper Maru said:

I dig the design of the new Cacodemon. I think I like all the monster designs thus far.

Not sure about the Imp and Zombie. Otherwise I like them too.

DooM_RO said:

Not sure about the Imp and Zombie. Otherwise I like them too.

Same here. Though, I don't have an issue with the imps; just the former humans.

Though, I was also disappointed that they made the barons of hell look like they did in Doom 3. I wish they had given them the classic look as they were in Doom/II. They look more Quake; I want them to look more Doom.

cacodemon needs suit, tie and hat. A good businessman shakes your hand and Mr. C should be no different!

Kontra Kommando said:

Though, I was also disappointed that they made the barons of hell look like they did in Doom 3. I wish they had given them the classic look as they were in Doom/II. They look more Quake; I want them to look more Doom.

are we sure that, that thing was a baron? it can't even shoot, and it look too small, maybe it's another variation of hell kinght, like hell knight was for baron of hell, it could seeing how they added that new zombie with lazer

Kontra Kommando said:

ACTUALLY, I think the creature at 0:53-55 is a Baron! Just look closely. Plus the Hell Knight on the right is smaller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NteAPGprDJk

Actually, I discovered the Baron of Hell in the playthrough video at 5:04. Though its just a playback of a hologram of one. [Seems like they got the idea for that part, from the movie Prometheus, which is pretty awesome]

I love it! Far superior to DOOM 3's lame "beady eyes/visible brain" design. It's exactly how a modern Cacodemon should look.

Kontra Kommando said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVaWl1GtDHU?t=5m4s

Actually, I discovered the Baron of Hell in the playthrough video at 5:04. Though its just a playback of a hologram of one. [Seems like they got the idea for that part, from the movie Prometheus, which is pretty awesome]

The creature I mentioned is different. The one you mentioned is the Hell Knight.

Also, I recommend watching the video at 1080p/60 FPS. Bethesda has a video of their whole conference on YouTube. It makes a big difference.

I think it looks weird enough and creepy enough to be friggin awesome. The arms are great.

The arms on the D64 version were goofy as hell. (Heh Hell, I'm talking about DooM)

The weirder and creepier they are the better. If it looks like some boring generic monster and I can't even tell if it's from some random fantasy LOTR themed game or Dragon Age or DooM, then it's a bad design (Looking at you cyberdemon)

Maybe the Baron of Hell is the horned demon, and the other is the Hell Knight. Which I would find to be awesome actually; making them far more distinguished from one another. That would please me, because not only would one have a more quintessential demonic look; but the other would have a more Quake-like look.

Having both is better than one or the other.

Also, I'd have to say thus far the Revenant is my favorite. Moreover, I actually like the jetpack.

EDIT:

Now that i've seen the second playthrough video it had dawned on me: Those hell knights look like larger, beefier Imps.

The new caco looks great, melding the aspects of its Doom/Doom64/Doom3 incarnations much better than I'd have expected. As for the other less prominently featured monsters, I'm really excited at the prospect of a horned Baron of Hell returning.

Even moreso, I like that they balanced the centre of gravity on the new pinky/spectre by giving it a big meaty tail. When you see it running by in that video, it no longer looks like it's one fart away from doing a faceplant.

The design of the cyberdemon in the hell level isn't a total turn-off to me, but it did seem much better presented in that early teaser:

http://images.techtimes.com/data/images/full/95546/doom-4-cyberdemon.jpg?w=600

Aside from the shroud of darkness obscuring its face, the angle makes it seem taller, more imposing, and less hunched over; in the first teaser, it looks a little more 'lordly', whereas in the gameplay demo, it looks a little more animalistic.

In game the cyberdemon needs more cybernetics IMO. Most of him is just chitin or whatever armoring and just weappon arm and that power reactor on chest. As a kid I always thoughtthe original cyberdemon was put together of other demons and all that visible cabling looked wicked. He had sort of a crude prototype look to him.

By the way in the hell level theres a glimpse of big demon statue that looked bitlike original cybie with the old school horns. Theone with blood falling from its mouth.

pro_zealot said:

I confirm 0:54 DOOM - E3 2015 Gameplay Trailer there is new monster! (RED with horns-possible BARON OF HELL)

where?? i can't find it

Well well. If they can just give it a slightly more vibrant red skin tone I'll be as happy as Larry.

However happy he is.

Amph said:

where?? i can't find it

Right here, the player is shooting at it with the chaingun for few seconds, just after the pinky demon runs across the screen:

In what little bit of video there is, it appears to tower over the Doom 3 looking hell knights beside it, and it looks like it has a large head with horns.

geo said:

I'm glad a giant floating ball has a ball sack on it. Even if I know its a gland for shooting projectiles.

The original had a vagina so why not a male version?

Technician said:

The original had a vagina so why not a male version?

Doomworld fan fiction?

Technician generously provided photos of a red headed slut with an exposed anus.

Oh baby.

How else is it supposed to float? Magic and electrical burps?

Technician grabbed the Cacodemon from behind with his powerful hands and slammed the Cacodemon against the wall, stunning it. He than proceeded to whip out his pulsating plasma rifle and proceeded to slowly insert it into the gaping orifice of the Cacodemon. He felt the electric tingle go through his body as he unloaded his plasma cells into the demon.

I like it, the limp arm hanging from it reminds me of The Rotten boss in Dark Souls 2, like it's molded together by the flesh of corpses.
Let's just hope it fights a lot better than the ones in Doom 3, who just bounced around aimlessly like idiots half the time, while their fireballs were sooo easy to dodge.

On a side note I hope someone can find some Pinkie pics, they were very abundant in the original Doom and are what I consider to be the vanguard of Hell's forces. The fact that they were so rare in Doom 3 upset me.