Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The New Cacodemon

dsm said:

Trouble with that logic is that the Doom 64 Cacodemon had arms too and it would make much more sense for these new designs to try and borrow elements of both PC Doom and Doom 64 designs.

Besides, everything else about the new Cacodemon screams Classic PC Doom Cacodemon that unless the designer really wanted to screw with us and go: "Fooled ya'll, lulz," it isn't really likely they'd go out of their way to make it so reminiscent of the Cacodemon of old, just to make it a Pain Elemental.

But since we're talking about the Pain Elemental, If there's one in the new Doom, I'm hoping it'll take more after the Doom 64 version just to make it look significantly different.

I see, never played DooM 64… Always been PC for me when it comes to id Software games. But yes make more sense they show the Cacodemon first it's more iconic.

So this is the Pain Elemental on N64?
Did it shot Lost Souls like the original?

N64 Cacodemon

So they pretty much renamed Pain Elemental to Cacodemon in DooM 64 :P

WTF is this shit? Why did they make Doom 64 brown? Id has lost its edge. The game is destined to be a failure.

DooM_RO said:

WTF is this shit? Why did they make Doom 64 brown? Id has lost its edge. The game is destined to be a failure.

So brown.

Jaxxoon R said:

So brown.

I know I know, it was just a jab at the people who judge a whole game based on a couple of screenshots.

Jaxxoon R said:

I love Doom 64's color. While I've always seen Doom 2 as brown, I never thought wow it being brown hinders my thoughts on Doom 2.

A picture is worth a thousand words and some people can't think up much to say other than brown.

DooM_RO said:

You're so sarcastic wow :-)

Noiser said:

You're so sarcastic wow :-)

My my, you're such a smart fellow. Here, have a free carrot.

Too much like the Doom 3 Caco for my tastes..... would vastly prefer an accurate modern take on the old "Red-Horned" Caco.

It looks nothing like the Doom 3 caco. The only similarity is it has a couple hanging tentacle bits and its brown, but so is the D64 version.
It looks more like a cross between original Doom and Doom 64. It looks good.

The more often I look at it the more I like the new design. It's recognisably based on the original, but more scary and less cartoonish.

Akira1364 said:

would vastly prefer an accurate modern take on the old "Red-Horned" Caco.

Are you fucking kidding me

I like it.
Is it safe to assume it doesn't squeak like the Doom 3 Caco as well? I always thought that made it a little daft. Now if there's a hole around the back, we can maybe put the myth of how Cacodemons fly to rest. (We all know it's because cyberdemons blow them up....)

Ninja_of_DooM said:

we can maybe put the myth of how Cacodemons fly to rest.

Looking at the new caco, I want to see it move around by doggie-paddling like a big bag of helium with near-vestigial limbs.

Piper Maru said:

In the original Doom the Cacodemon had one of the more gruesome deaths, it's probably going to be 10x more vomit inducing in the new game.

Oh I have an idea. When they die, the deflate and fly around like a baloon, making funny fart noises while excreting their innards too.

Technician said:

Squeak? It hisses.

It squeaks when you hit it - kind of a throwback to the Doom 2 Pain Elemantal's pain noise.