Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

ok shows over

Alright so doom 4s not a flop, and its not revolutionary. Can we please start talking about Doom and Doom 2 again?

Yeah, we must. Let's just close this entire subforum. Then let's continue to talk about a game that's been talked about for the last 25 years in which discussion has progressed to our opinions on a single specific texture instead of the new and exciting thing.

Or we could talk about skeletons instead.

40oz said:

Can we please start talking about Doom and Doom 2 again?

Talking about classic Doom never stopped happening in the Classic Doom subforum, not even during the last 2 days.

40oz said:

Alright so doom 4s not a flop, and its not revolutionary. Can we please start talking about Doom and Doom 2 again?

Dude, what's your problem? Not trying to be aggressive, I just totally don't get this attitude.

DoomUK said:

Can someone explain the whole skeleton thing to me?

Has to do with the fact that the Revenant seems to be NuDoom's mascot, I think.

DoomUK said:

Can someone explain the whole skeleton thing to me?

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

40oz said:

Wait one sec, lemme rephrase that for you.
"I don't like how the game looks, so NO ONE should be able to talk about it where my poor little eyes will have to be subject to their DISCUSSION! People should ONLY be able to talk about MY favorite game from 1993, and NOTHING else! *BOO HOO*"
Seriously, if you don't want to talk about the game, don't be a selfish dick, and just go to another part of the forum, where there IS discussion about Doom 1 and 2, no one is making you stay here.

Eris Falling said:

Alright so this thread is shit. Can we please start talking about Doom 4 again?

Exactly.
This should honestly be Post Helled.

Nah, post hell the entire Doom 4 subforum. Then everyone get back to pointlessly bickering about the classic minutiae, instead of pointlessly bickering about all the fresh minutiae.

Jaxxoon R said:

Yeah, we must. Let's just close this entire subforum. Then let's continue to talk about a game that's been talked about for the last 25 years in which discussion has progressed to our opinions on a single specific texture instead of the new and exciting thing.

Look I don't know what you have against FIREBLU but get over it

Linguica said:

Look I don't know what you have against FIREBLU but get over it

When it comes out we need to retexture the entire game in FIREBLU.

40oz said:

Can we please start talking about Doom and Doom 2 again?

In the Doom 4 forum???

I'm taking the opportunity to recruit the doom 4 brigade back into regular doom. I just like doomworld better when its about doom 1 and 2 and nothing else, that's all. Its nothing personal.

40oz said:

I'm taking the opportunity to recruit the doom 4 brigade back into regular doom. I just like doomworld better when its about doom 1 and 2 and nothing else, that's all. Its nothing personal.

Oh, you're serious? That's too bad. :(

40oz said:

It's nothing personal, but you want people to stop what they, as people with personal freedoms and interests, want to do. For your own personal benefit.

Hm. Mmmhmm, heh. Ohohohoho...!

I don't think we have to worry about the new Doom taking over the focus from the classic games. Here's the many advantages it has over it at this point:

Doom/II are super cheap; like only $5 on steam. Thus more people will have it

Doom has a 25 year head start for amassing its constituency of fans.

Doom/II have a countless number of mods; while Doom 4 currently has zero. Ultimately what has driven Doom/II sustainability are the mods and map-sets that are made by fans. Doom 4's modding capabilities remains to be seen.

Doom/II can be played on 99.9% of modern PCs; Thus more people will have it.

Finally Doom 4 will no doubt introduce a lot more young people to the original doom.

40oz said:

You're usually a better poster than this. What gives? This thread blows.

I'm sure the hype will die down in the following weeks. In the meantime, nothing stopping you from ignoring the Doom 4 subforum.

SYS said:

Strike a pose drama queen

If anyone you're the attention whore/drama queen.
You come into a board SPECIFICALLY for Doom 4, and shit yourself as soon as you see Doom 4 discussion.
This isn't average ordinary retarded, this is ADVANCED retarded.

The Civ said:

If anyone you're the attention whore/drama queen.
You come into a board SPECIFICALLY for Doom 4, and shit yourself as soon as you see Doom 4 discussion.
This isn't average ordinary retarded, this is ADVANCED retarded.

Who are you?

40oz said:

You're in the wrong sub forum.