Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Little Faith

The Keen replacement

The relplacement for the Keen sprite have to be some kind of character from Doom, perhaps the marine, right?

That should be the replacement for Romeros head on a spike.

The keen figure should be replaced with the Doom 3 marine of course.

I think, as keen/romero/wolfenstein were in-jokes, we should have more creative flexibility with those sets of sprites. At least keen/romero. A chance for the designers who have had to stick to the existing themes for the rest of the wad, to go wild and do something cool.

I think if we decide to do something jokey, we should use someone who has done a great deal for freedoom.

lings head in a jar is a really good idea for bossbrain replacement...

he's done a lot for freedoom by putting up this forum, and the doom community in general by founding doomworld.

that enough of a reason?

Submerge said:

he's done a lot for freedoom by putting up this forum

I wouldn't go into that

and the doom community in general by founding doomworld.

Yeah but there are many people who have done loads of work on _freedoom_ like Saint of Killers, (that other guy who's name I forgot but almost did all the textures single handedly - edit) Espi, fredrik, ajapted in more recent days, nick baker, fraggle, arioch for the server...

Ok the fish instead of keen.

The boss brain would be a special honor that we should not hurry about granting.

Not bad! In my opinion, it should be the green one with jon's fish as the pain frame. and make the rope longer.

Submerge said:

Not bad! In my opinion, it should be the green one with jon's fish as the pain frame. and make the rope longer.

It looks a bit out of proportion because the fish is wider than keen and its the same height as the original. I tried making the rope longer but the fish ends up hanging through the floor.

Hmm, well as for the bossbrain replacement...I WOULD say Dangerous Dave, but that could lead to copyright issues (ironically, because Dangerous Dave's first game was called "Copyright Infringement")...

I put the finished version in. Unfortunately the death animation kind of sucks (I'm crap at this kind of stuff) but seeing as its only a secret this doesnt really matter too much. Feel free to improve it, anyone..

WildWeasel said:

Hmm, well as for the bossbrain replacement...I WOULD say Dangerous Dave, but that could lead to copyright issues (ironically, because Dangerous Dave's first game was called "Copyright Infringement")...

no, it was the second.

if i was doing a keen replacement i would do a candlabra thats lit and when you hit it enough times it starts a fire on the groun then goes out i seen a wad with a fire sprite i think it was one of laura beyers 1st wads

as for the boss brain i would put bill gates or osama bin laden or a computer