Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWizard

Baron of Hell

On demons it's fine, I didn't care about that. Although I'd imagine him being more about efficiency, at least at first. Maybe if weaker monsters get quicker fatalities, and larger ones get more elaborate ones, like the mancubus, it would create a sort of natural progression where Doomguy might be interpreted to grow cockier and madder and start actually indulging in his sadistic impulses instead of just trying to stay alive and fight through the opposition.

LANEGRACABRA said:

Doom will conclude with doomguy ruling over all hell with a gory fist.

Isn't that basically the end of Doom 64?

pinky running past the player in the trailer looked pretty hilarious. I never noticed that when I watched it at first but then I watched it again just now at 0.25x

cant wait to kill a fucking pinky

Speaking of the whole back story of the doom guy, are the novels considered an official look at the true back story for the character?

I don't give two flying fucks about Doom Guy's morals. Hell is no place for pussies. For all we know it could be the original Doom Guy sent to go fight again.

Here's another angle…

I tweaked it about to get a better look…

It seems like the Baron got the same great treatment as the Revenant.

So if there are barons and knights, will we ever see a king or is that the cyberdemon?

It's interesting to note during the E3 hell sequence there was a massive Baron statue and I'm pretty sure there was a stone carving of a Cyberdemon's face. The Barons are lords of the land but they still must answer to the Cyberdemon. Regardless it looks like the Baron is pretty faithful in it's design to the original. It even has glowing hands.

Piper Maru said:

It's interesting to note during the E3 hell sequence there was a massive Baron statue and I'm pretty sure there was a stone carving of a Cyberdemon's face. The Barons are lords of the land but they still must answer to the Cyberdemon. Regardless it looks like the Baron is pretty faithful in it's design to the original. It even has glowing hands.

A name for a baron is lord yes. I was thinking those were statues of the cyberdemon and that was what came to life. Why would they have a giant statue of a baron when there's a cyberdemon stomping around?

Other than that maybe its an icon of sin. That thing still has to be more than a face on a wall, I want to see its 30 story tall body.

geo said:

So if there are barons and knights, will we ever see a king or is that the cyberdemon?

There are many kings of hell: Beel-Zebub, Leviathan, Asmodeus, Astaroth...

I think the Cyberdemon is meant to be a hellish killing machine, not a king of hell.

NoisM said:

plz del my stupid post )

Baron of Hell post in Thread Hell?

Antroid said:

On demons it's fine, I didn't care about that. Although I'd imagine him being more about efficiency, at least at first. Maybe if weaker monsters get quicker fatalities, and larger ones get more elaborate ones, like the mancubus, it would create a sort of natural progression where Doomguy might be interpreted to grow cockier and madder and start actually indulging in his sadistic impulses instead of just trying to stay alive and fight through the opposition.

You are way over thinking this. Demons from hell are going to kill every last thing on the planet and then take over Earth and enslave/kill everyone on that planet as well. Are you really going to take the time to make sure you aren't hurting already dead humans?
These things want you fucking dead. They want to kill and murder you. Each one will have their own animation for ending your life. They want to murder and destroy anything in their path.
So go fuck them up. This ain't Civilization; there's no diplomacy victory.

Demons exist to torment humans, to torture and they take great pleasure in doing so. So it makes sense to return the favor, besides I bet they simply reincarnate after their bodily form is destroyed. "Ah shit, I just got sawed in half I better not come back as a flying skull".

geo said:

A name for a baron is lord yes. I was thinking those were statues of the cyberdemon and that was what came to life. Why would they have a giant statue of a baron when there's a cyberdemon stomping around?

Other than that maybe its an icon of sin. That thing still has to be more than a face on a wall, I want to see its 30 story tall body.

I just watched the hell segment again, and right at the very start there is definitely a carving of the Cyberdemon's face, it even has multiple glowing red eyes and horns. It's actually part of the structure. As for the statue, I'm still convinced it's a Baron of Hell. As to why they have statues of themselves, probably for the same reason they have marble faces of themselves in the original games, same goes for the Archviles. They're vain demons, and maybe they want the Cyberdemon to notice them. Like a hellish version of notice me senpai.

The statues could've existed before the demons did. Basically their creator showing everything down there whats to come.
Think of if that happened on Earth; every once in a while a giant statue appears on Earth and its a precursor to what will soon roam the Earth. Pretty soon a T-Rex statue appears and everyone flips shit.

Except in the words of the Super Mario Bros. Movie, there were no peoples then, so nobody flipped about nothin. Thems dinosaurs were just like "this is the life," and that was it until Sephiroth's meteor hit 'em.

Now if some freakish starfish-alien-looking statue appeared nowadays or one of some creepy far future evolution of humans, then people would be flipping.

Best I could get of the Baron, but it really shows how big this guy is this time around. Easily around the 10-11' range. He could tear you limb from limb and not even break a single bead of sweat before ramming a charged plasma fist right down your throat and straight out your ass.

Jaxxoon R said:

Now if some freakish starfish-alien-looking statue appeared nowadays or one of some creepy far future evolution of humans, then people would be flipping.

What is beyond the mountains of madness? Demons from the stars.

Now the real question is .... do Barons and HK's shoot green plasma comets? I hope so!

You know, if this was live gameplay, why do we never really see this guy get killed? Did these monsters just stop pursuing her after a while? Even the Pinky doesn't really seem to die. He just uncloaks and keeps running. We never see him die, or this guy. They all just disappear and the player continues to roam about.

Um, have you watched the short trailer (i.e. the only place we see footage of the baron-looking thing)? It's a mishmash of different footage pieced together. They cut to that hell segment (which itself looks to be 3 different scenes mashed together) for less than ten seconds, sandwiched between footage of stomping heads in the techbase.

The pinky/spectre in the actual Hell level gameplay video seems to be killed (it decloaks upon a shotgun blast, and looks like it's about to keel over), but the player focuses on showing off the revenant with the funny jetpack malfunction instead.

Managed to get an uncompressed version of the E3 gameplay trailer.
This thing is DEFINITELY a Baron. Messed with some colors to make details more visible too.

The Civ said:

Managed to get an uncompressed version of the E3 gameplay trailer.
This thing is DEFINITELY a Baron. Messed with some colors to make details more visible too.
http://i.imgur.com/1gSShC8.png

You messed with the colors and didn't make a Twitter post about this is how it should be?

geo said:

You messed with the colors and didn't make a Twitter post about this is how it should be?

HA
Also, here's what looks like a Spectre, in the same shot behind a Hell Knight.
Only reason I say Spectre, and not Pinky, is because he has brown-ish spots on his back unlike the Pinky that runs by the screen, and the Spectre killed in the demo has a very similar pattern.