Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheWizard

Baron of Hell

Part of me wants that as a surprise. But I woudn't stop myself if id relesaed a screenshot of it.

What I do hope for the most is that they give it green blood....as well as giving the caco blue.

doom_is_great said:

That's my feeling too. If I was the producer for this game, the moment that I would have seen the artist's designs for the cybie, I would sent them back to the drawing board and told them to make it look more like the original and more satanic looking. The zombies also look a bit too stroggish. Makes me wonder how they are going to differentiate the stroggs from the zombies in Doom if they ever decide to make a Quake game within the strogg universe.

Oh shit! Doom and Quake are merging in unique ways!

I like all the new monsters. They are just recreations of the original and it fits perfectly for Doom 4...
Hmm...
Anyone wonder what the other death scenes will be like? We have seen the Revenant death scene...

Hello, I am not sure if you guys already saw what Baron of Hell look like.

Here are the pictures of Baron of Hell.

I don't know if any one have heard about Baron of Hell new look.

Dragon82 said:

I don't know if any one have heard about Baron of Hell new look.

Nope.
This is complete news to everyone here at Doomworld.
If it weren't for this post, nobody would have ever known what it looks like.

Also, nice bump for a two month dead thread.

Yeah those images have certainly not been posted in at least three other threads in the last week or two.

Besides the "controversy".

Anyone care to guess how many shots it takes to kill a baron with the Gauss Rifle?

How about a Chaingun?
Probably this

4+/-2 seconds of firing(judging with the Hellknight) + 4+/-2 seconds depending on health.

AirRaid said:

Irrelevant because the Gauss Rifle is Multiplayer only isn't it?

what if someone made a SnapMap creation that had the Baron and Gauss Rifle? (Is that allowed?)

AirRaid said:

Irrelevant because the Gauss Rifle is Multiplayer only isn't it?

Not according too some of the shots we have seen.

3 shots is my vote. Seems like easy prey!

pro_zealot said:

This game should require some skills from players not Gaussrifle witch will be 1 shoting every hard monster.

Have you even seen it used on a monster? For all you know they could just eat up all the gauss and become more powerful, and then grow super horns that shoot acid.

The baron of hell from the first trailer seems to look more like the original if you look closely, it seems to have smaller horns and original facial features. That's how he should look like.

It's not that I don't like his new look, it's fine. But what's wrong with how he always looked? Besides I've read comments from people who confuse the baron of Hell with the cyberdemon and if people don't easily recognize a character from a franchise then you've failed as a designer.

Xerge said:

The baron of hell from the first trailer seems to look more like the original if you look closely, it seems to have smaller horns and original facial features. That's how he should look like.

It's not that I don't like his new look, it's fine. But what's wrong with how he always looked? Besides I've read comments from people who confuse the baron of Hell with the cyberdemon and if people don't easily recognize a character from a franchise then you've failed as a designer.

if you aren't able to tell apart a demon with a cannon arm and distinctive horn shapes then youre probably fucking helpless

That would mean that there are some fucking helpless people in the Doom community, ID should become aware of that.

Xerge said:

That would mean that there are some fucking helpless people in the Doom community, ID should become aware of that.

you genuinely believe those people are being serious about what they say and actually are an active part of the Doom community and not kneejerk idiots wanting to bring down the game for the stupidest, most unintuitive and irrelevant shit?

Let me be more specific: these people don't state that the baron of Hell is a cyberdemon, actually they ask if it is, hence confusing cyberdemons with barons of hell for some reason.

I don't know what goes on in their minds when they make that question and I'm not gonna try to guess, all I know is that judging by the question they can't easily recognize the baron of hell for some reason.

You think they are people who are just tryng to be jerks and do not have a genuine confusion, that's fine. Maybe you are right, but what if you are not?

Barons and Cyberdemons are pretty distinguishable to me, maybe some people have pattern recognition issues or some form of retardation.

Maybe, I'll go ahead and guess something: maybe they think the baron of hell is the cyberdemon before becoming "cyber".

I'm sure everyone has noticed that the baron of hell has red eyes in some pics and green eyes in gameplay footage, so I'm not sure which color will make it for the final version.

I think they will end up using green to match the colour of his attacks.

Although I think they should go for red and change his attacks to red, like the baron of hell from Doom 64.

Maybe even use both, one baron of hell being stronger than the other.

He had red eyes in the older screenshots and green eyes in the newer video footage, so it looks like they changed it. But I don't think it is to match his fireballs, it's just for artistic reasons. If you have a creature with crimson red and orange red skin and then red glowing eyes on top of that, it's just too much red. Green eyes make a nice contrast.

Apart from that, I would have prefered the Baron as an eye-less creature like the Hellknight.

TheWizard said:

Why is everyone so sure that the baron only has one look? (Same thing with the Imps)

I have absolutely no idea why people think that.

It has been confirmed there are variants of monsters (Fire and Acid mancubus for example).
It has been confirmed you can colorize monsters in snapmap.
It has been confirmed there are elite versions of monsters.

I, personally, still fully expect to see "both" imps in the final release.