Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

Hell Invasion [PLAY-TESTERS WELCOME]

New Map Area!
The Blue keycard in the arena was replaced by a red skull which is needed to access this area. The player is to jump from platform to platform until he reaches the blue keycard. Once there, a teleport line will teleport him back to the entrance of the room so that he doesn't have to bother jumping his way back and I don't have to add more stuff. The floor is insta-kill

Screenshot:

Inspired by the lava room in Doom 2's MAP26 (The Catacombs The Abandoned Mines)
How does it look?

I finished another room in the map. This is the red key room.
Currently there are no monsters here.

There will be 12 or so imps which are needed to be killed in order to get out of it and make the switch that opens the door to the red key chamber.
Once the switch is pressed, it will open the doors to 12 chambers and release 12 barons.

Besides that, 11 chambers contain ammo and health while the last one has the red key.
Whether or not the player will kill all the barons is up to him as it's not necessary to get out of the room.

So the player can either try to survive the barons, take the key card and leave or he can kill them.

Screenshots:

(The chambers:)

This room is based on another room in a doom wad I saw in a dream (That one was more impressive and twice as large). What do you think?

MAP04: Target Acquired Complete!
I will update the link as soon as I play through the map (Without secrets) to see if everything works or not.

After playing the map through and then checking if the secrets work, followed by fine tuning some stuff, MAP04 is now ready to play.

The Download link in the first page has been updated.
Latest Version: 0.4a

Please play it and tell me what you thought and if there are any problems.

I will take a short break now. If anyone reports any bugs or problems, I will fix them during this time.

I will hopefully come back with MAP05 on the 6th of October this year.
I await any and all types of constructive criticism.

EDIT: There was a HOM effect in the lava room. Don't worry about it it's been fixed and even if it wasn't, it's not game breaking. So... Ignore that please.

Started work on MAP05 and MAP31 (Bonus) simultaneously though I am putting more focus on MAP05.

Here are some MAP05 Screenshots. I know I haven't posted anything in a while but I didn't really stop working on it.

The entire first half of the map is based on a dream where I was playing a Doom wad that had a very similar map in it.

(This outdoor area is incomplete. More buildings and important switches are to be added here)

(The fog on the further window looked bad so it was fixed. Now it looks like the other window)

What do you guys think?

If you need a concept on a train map, ask me or Enjay over at zdoom forums. We both did similar things, but mine's not as "fancy".

Also, I have to say, this is all looking pretty nice!

Short update:
The Shitty Looking Dretex Energy Rifle has got a slight modification. It actually
works like it's supposed to now. It now fires very slightly slower than the Plasma Rifle but has a shorter cool down.

The 5th Map is near 50% Complete. However, it's turning into something similar to 2 maps joined together rather than one continuous map. Like it or hate it, it's probably not going to change.

However I would like to ask this:
Would you like me to keep the Map design as it is or would you like me to scrap the
other 50% entirely? Please give me your opinions.

Please keep in mind that if I do not get any votes, I will keep the design as it is.
If I do shorten the map, it will NOT be broken into 2 smaller maps and the 50% would
be simply deleted all together.

Thank you.

Minor update:

Some switches were removed from Maps 01,03 and 04. You now have to press use on Computer panels to make some important doors and floors work.
Don't worry, I tried to make it pretty obvious.

Project on temporary hiatus due to IRL stuff. Work will resume from the 22nd of this month.

*Bump*

I made a lot some progress since my last post. I'm still working on Map05 But here's the latest additions:

Spoiler

The outdoor area seen in this section is not complete.

As always, please give me your opinions so that I could improve the wad further.

I took a few days off. During this time, I made a new (cartoony) face replacement to use in the project. Here's the image:

I've now added scripts to various random walls. Pressing them results in some text to pop up. Nothing necessary. I just thought it'd be cool. A custom texture has been made with this feature in mind. The only "use" these scripts serve is to give players hints if they fell like they're lost.

Edited by Zulk-RS

I've completed another big part of MAP05. (Yes, I'm still working on it. This map is almost done)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

RXyghUm.png

wZebHVc.png

mDf0OIW.png

hiDuP8e.png

(New thread pic)

What do you think?

P.S: Old Thread pic:

Spoiler

0KYWUXQ.png

I finished Map 05! The download link on the first page has now been updated. I'm going to try and make Map 06 much smaller than Map 05. Hopefully it won't take too long.

Update. Fixed a bug that would cause you to get stuck on map 04 under some circumstances.

Update: got rid of the Quad Barrel Zombie's (Which I forgot I even put in the wad) ability to shoot one barrel at a time. It now shoots all 4 barrels at once, making it a far more dangerous enemy at close quarters (coming in the next build)

Some screenshots from MAP06.
This room was inspired by the big crusher room in MAP06 of Doom 2 IWAD.

Spoiler

BVQD4g4.png

lVZOKrC.png

bjAkmHz.png

9Ica3pJ.png

This is also the room where the Shitty looking Dretex Energy Rifle makes its first non-secret appearance.

More rooms were added to MAP06.
Screenshots:

Spoiler

7wh1Nk2.png

MHxbSFC.png

vrENj1O.png

Old thread pic:

Spoiler

hiDuP8e.png

What do you guys think?

Edited by Zulk RS

This is more a meaning less bump than an update but...
I'm currently working on a custom skin to replace the normal skin (based on the HUD face) along with MAP06, which is nearing completion.
This map's theme: Square rooms and simple design. But mostly just square rooms. I want to make this shorter than maps 4 and 5 and make it similar to MAP03. It will have a ton of optional areas but a basically short map if you ignore them.

A new update will come out when either the Map is finished or if the skin is finished. Hopefully both.

Hell Invasion version 0.6 is out. Download link has been updated.
I probably say all these things separately in past posts but here's a list of what's different in version 0.6:

Spoiler

-The shitty looking Dretex Energy Rifle got buffed

-The Grand Armor got buffed (gives 300 Armor instead of 250. Still blocks 70% damage)

-All Armor Spheres have been replaced by the Grand Armor

-The Dark Armor (400 Armor. Blocks 90% damage)

What MAP06 contains:

Spoiler

-Boxy rooms.

-9 Easy Secrets (I hate hard to find secrets) which has 40% of the Map's monsters

-The first non-secret appearance of the shitty looking Dretex Energy Rifle

-The ST Grenade Launcher

-The Dark Armor (not secret)

-More RPG-ish flavor text

-Custom music (From the SNES game "Lagoon")

Ok so I just played map04 again and it went way better this time, nice work! It turns out I couldn't get to the blue door because I totally missed the lift in the 2nd room from the start, but now that there's a switch there to indicate the lift I found it right away :) Everything flowed muuuuuch better overall. one minor gripe is that I don't really like the music for map04. It's a good song, but it started to get annoying after a few repeats. Something more... "relaxed" maybe? Just my opinion of course. Also there are 2 lifts that I think need to be better highlighted. they're in the huge room with the red skull, the green ones next to the 2 bridges on either side of the balcony. i'll upload a picture so you know which ones. 

But yeah other than those 2 things, map04 is way better and I had a lot more fun this time!

I haven't played the new map yet (06), but I will as soon as I get the chance!

Snapshot 2 (10-16-2017 10-07 PM).png

Awesome. So I just need to indicate the lifts the room and change the music from MAP04. That's cool. I've already got some some ideas about that. As for the music... I'll have to think about which one to use. Hope you're enjoying the (slightly tweaked) Realm 667 Minigun. Thanks for the feedback I'll get right on it.

Okay, just beat map 06! That was really fun! took me about an hour, and I finished with 100% kills and 7/9 secrets. As far as i'm concerned, this map is good to go. It was challenging at times but mostly really fun, and I liked the homage to The Crusher! the only problem I ran into was some gunners stuck in the floor in one hallway, other than that i'd say you nailed it with this map dude! :D

Snapshot 1 (10-20-2017 7-14 AM).png

Awesome! Glad this one was a success. How was the Dretex Energy Rifle? Hope it wasn't too OP or too weak. Did you find the Dark Armor? It was in the room with all the green sludge and dark imps. Was it too OP?

Oddly enough, I checked the stuck gunner situation. They work fine on my end, Oddly enough. What source port are you using and which version? MAP 07 is almost done. Just need to finish one room and it's good to go. This one is really short though.

As for the secrets you missed, they weren't all that amazing. One probably had a Megasphere while the other had a Grand Armor. Or you missed the the secret at the start that had a backpack.

MAP07 is complete. This map is basically a series of arena battles. Kinda like GBA Serious Sam.
Anyway, the link has been updated. Enjoy.

That rifle worked really great when I got into a tight spot, perfect for big enemies in a close quarters battle so yeah I liked it! The grenade launcher I didn't find to be very effective, regular rockets worked better so I stuck to that. and I did find the dark armor :)

so I tested it with Zandronum when I found the guys in the floor, didn't try with Zdoom.

Map 07 kicked ass man, it's a creative take on the old dead simple formula. it's cool because the variety of bad guys is way more than just arachnos and mankies, and holy hell those barons at the end were quite a tough battle! you know me though, I love tough battles! keep up the good work man, I can't wait to playtest map 8

Glad to here you liked it. I was really worried about this map 'cause it didn't get enough testing before release. Glad it all worked out.

As for testing the wad, are you using Zandronum 3.0 or it's dev build? I tested it with Zandronum 3.0 and the guys weren't stuck. Also, I advise turning on OpenGL (Hardware render) if you haven't already. Playing this on software render can and will break the game.

As for MAP08, it's going to be big one so it'll take quite a while before it's close to done.

Made some updates. I made what is probably the most detailed room I've created yet and I went back and changed some things in earlier maps (MAP04 and MAP07).

Anyway, here are some more screenshots:

Spoiler

nF5H6GJ.png

(New thread pic)

X2tlqua.png

KlAlelX.png

gNs1j0y.png

Old thread pic:

Spoiler

vrENj1O.png

Useless bump but I really wanted to say this 'cause MAP08 has got me excited.

Map08 is going to take a lot longer to finish. It has turned out to be one of the longest, if not the longest map I have made. It suffers from the problem of essentially being 2 maps joined into one but unlike, MAP05, I think I handled the situation a lot better this time. Anyway, happy holidays. I'll try to get it out as soon as I can.

MAP08 is complete. Link has been updated again. This is the biggest map I have made yet. This map contains a crap ton of flavor text and the first appearance of the Dretex Sniper Rifle. Watch out for the BossArch from MAP03.

This version also moves and changes some things around in Maps 06 and 07. It also adds new music and a new sky texture to MAP04. I personally don't think MAP08 is my best work but I'm still happy with how it turned out. Don't worry about getting 100% in every map. That's not the point of this project.

Anyway, I'm going to take a break before I start MAP09. Until then, enjoy!