Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LANEGRACABRA

DOOM beta for select few ppl only?

According to youtube user VileSelf Doom will launch beta later this summer for only 5000 people who registered the code. Usually I dont give a fuck about rumors and "leaks" but this guy apparently knew aboutthe snapmap and fallout4 release date. :(

It's been known for almost a year and half that if you only get into the beta if you bought Wolfenstein: The New Order and registered the provided DOOM beta code. It was advertised for months, and you were still able to get that code for purchasing Wolf long afterwards. Don't think it's available anymore now... and even if you bought a code, I think the registration page to use the code is no longer up. In other words, you snooze... you lose.

Besides, gamespot confirmed today that it's just a multiplay beta anyway.

Wait shit... There was a page? I thought I just needed to keep the code around. Could've bought that shit on steam on sale heh... But my doom fanboyism got the best of me.

I have th code regestered and I don't think my laptop can handle it; if that's the case I will quite happerly pass on my beta access that's if I have it

Just Multiplayer? Interesting, but I guess they need to test it. Wish I got the code, but I was hoping it'd be more. If anything, now that we know about SnapMap, that'd probably be a feature to beta test.

If that's the case I'll feel robbed if I did not get the beta. That was the only reason I got wolfenstien

If I bought it on Steam does it just go into my account?

EDIT: Well that's just been made redundant by not reading the thread. Go me.

If you pre-ordered Wolfenstein you are entitled to a beta. I am sure there will be a lot more than 5000 people.

If they only select 5000 from that pool then Bethesda pretty much lied.

The way I interpreted the rumor was that it'd be a two-phase beta with an internal raffle of code holders for the first phase, all code holders participating in the second phase.

Just my two cents.

I think the initial beta will be to code holders probably early on, then as release date gets closer, open access to all. That seems to be usual routing nowadays for some games doing similar code invites.