Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

We might get a DLC remake of the first Doom if this leak is true.

So this guy posted a lot of Doom and Fallout info a while back and while I was really skeptical, his points about Fallout all proved to be true, as well as the ones on Doom.

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WWnD3Nz-3Y

and the one where it shows he was right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62MNPFai0oA

If this is true then man...I am more excited about this than the main game. Also means we will exploration and classic gameplay are pretty much guaranteed since the original layouts were made with that in mind.

Wait and see. Wait and see.

DOOM: Remastered.

But seriously... this dude just wants attention. He doesn't know anyone. He doesn't know anything. He's just cold reading and making lucky logical guesses based on already known info.

And it would be fucking GLORIOUS!!!! I would pay good money for something that would let me re-experience my cherished childhood memories.

Bethesda, if you are reading this PLEASE make this happen!

I never saw the point of straight up "hd remakes" or whatever. Just make a new set of levels with the totally same ideals behind them (and, well, dress it all up graphically if you want to I guess)... I guess people who really want HD remakes of their favorite old games just don't trust developers to make something "just like that, but new".

Doom 1 specifically, I'm just fine replaying on a SNES emulator. Not sure it would work if the graphics (and audio?) were modernized but everything stayed pretty much exactly the same.

I hope this is true but I don't put a lot of currency into this guy's "insider info".

Well they made Morrowind in Skyrim and Tamriel in Morrowind. Why not make Doom 1 in Doom 4? I've been watching Doom 3 vids of Doom 1 & 2 mods lately.

You know what would be a genius idea? id Software should make Doom 1 entirely using SnapMap. Not only would it be great to play through, but it would prove the capabilities of SnapMap.

That's assuming SnapMap can actually do that.

ChickenOrBeef said:

You know what would be a genius idea? id Software should make Doom 1 entirely using SnapMap. Not only would it be great to play through, but it would prove the capabilities of SnapMap.

No, it needs to be a proper remake with remade textures and monsters. I'm sure Snapmap is a powerful tool but I don't think it's powerful enough for something of this calibre.

I'm more than certain snapmap is nowhere close to flexible enough to be used to remake doom 1 maps.

Would be super happy to be proven wrong though.

ChickenOrBeef said:

This would actually make sense. "Remade Textures" and what not seems cool for nostalgia's sake, but if they want to show off SnapMap, doing something difficult like this could prove that it's a tool worth using. We don't know its capabilities yet, but this would act as a good demo.

He does look hungry for attention but at the same time his second video has a lot of accurate information it

Know what would be awesome with snapmap? Make your own prefabs and save them. I still say wall tweaking would be good. Otherwise you can probably just place walls to make what you want and cut walls to make windows.

I would imagine Snapmap will all you to upload your own textures, so uploading HD remakes should be possible, no?

tourettes said:

I would imagine Snapmap will all you to upload your own textures, so uploading HD remakes should be possible, no?

Why would it allow you to upload textures? It's basically the Timesplitters Map Maker but a little more fancier and with a Halo Forge-style design. Now, if the original Doom textures were there for Snapmap that'd be one thing, and i'm sure fans will remake E1M1 at the very least, but let's be honest here - unless this leak is somehow a miracle truth, we're probably going to have to do it the hard way.

geo said:

Well they made Morrowind in Skyrim

Morrowind in Skyrim (Skywind) was simply just the province of Morrowind modded into Skyrim, it doesn't include all the unique hard-coded gameplay features of Morrowind due to Skyrim's engine limitations of what's not already available in the engine.

Am I the only one who's shrugging at this? I'm sure it would be great, but I've already played Doom. Many times. Who really needs a direct remake of all those blocky maps?

Why would there be a remake of the first Doom as a DLC? Isn' this a retelling of the first Doom? A "Hell on Earth" DLC would make sense.

You could consider all the PWADS to be in an alternative universe, maybe we could do the same with this.

Would love to see this happen.

The map design will probably be done differently since it would look out of place for a game like this. But I do hope the add in all the textures and monsters they might need.