Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

We might get a DLC remake of the first Doom if this leak is true.

Too much nostalgia around these parts. Or maybe it's just me. I pretty much never play the original iwads these days because...they're not that great. I mean, they were 20 years ago, but I've played the shit out of them and while they're still iconic, they're not a big deal anymore. Those levels would look awkward in a new engine, I think, unless they can really get their shit together. Maybe I'm just thinking about how awful Classic Doom 3 was!

If it isn't speculation it will be like the Classic mod for Doom 3 without as much effort. Simply a copied layout using whatever modern assets the game has. Regardless if it's official DLC, or some rabid fan snap mapping it himself.

Does this mean we're going to get Episode 1 with mustard vision?

I hope it is official since then we can expect the Zombieman and shotgun guy to show up!

GoatLord said:

Maybe I'm just thinking about how awful Classic Doom 3 was!

Has to be it. While I love D3 for what it was, I still can go back and play through vanilla doom and legit enjoy it. I think their inherent replay value is self evident. There's no reason why classic maps couldn't be recreated and be enjoyable.

GoatLord said:

Those levels would look awkward in a new engine, I think, unless they can really get their shit together. Maybe I'm just thinking about how awful Classic Doom 3 was!

The levels in Classic Doom 3 only look so bad because most of the mappers were absolute newbies. Many of the levels suffered from "my first map" syndrom, only a few were decent, none of them were top quality.

It has nothing to do with the original level layouts or not being able to recreate a more abstract Doom map in a new and more detailed way.