Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laimiz

map30 endboss

What does the end boss of doom 2 map30 REALLY say?

I only hear some *MUR MUR MUR* :)

Laimiz said:

What does the end boss of doom 2 map30 REALLY say?

I only hear some *MUR MUR MUR* :)

"To win the game you must kill me, Johm Romero"

"To win the game you must kill me, John Romero"

To test this, rip the wav file from the wad using wintex, and reverse it using windows sound recorder. Speeding it up a bit helps too.

cool, i already ripped it but didn't reverse. Thanks!
Also, unreversed it sounds like some old evil magician saying something in a terrible language :)

If a "Doomworld Forums FAQ" ever was made, then "Can someone make sprites for my project" should be the first question.

Heh, the first time I heard the Baphomet "talk" I thought it sounded more or less like this: "ee-butzhay-unyhex-of-niuwut" :-)

Da_Esco said:

Dis post is goin to hell...... 4 SURE!!!!

We really need a post hell challenge like they have at somethingawful...

fraggle` said:

We really need a post hell challenge like they have at somethingawful...

Huh what's that about?

Fredrik said:

Huh what's that about?

As you may or may not know, somethingawful has the "gas chamber" which is the equivalent of post hell here. If you post a reply along the lines of "this thread is going to the gas chamber!!" then you take the gas chamber challenge.

If the post you commented about does end up getting gassed, you win a custom title (iirc), but if it doesnt get gassed, you get banned. This is the gas chamber challenge.

Basically it stops people making retarded "this si SOO gonig to teh gas chmaber!!!" posts all the time.

The end.

whoa I love that idea. Especially as I already have a title so I don't have to be the one to risk my ass.

Heh, I thought Ling said people who screamed POST HELL POST HELL would be banned regardless.

Hence why I do NOT make it a habit of chantin PH.... howeva, when I can TELL dat da thread is headin for greener pastures I will usually make a comment about it, just for laughs sake.

Archvile64 said:

Heh, I thought Ling said people who screamed POST HELL POST HELL would be banned regardless.

That was like a year ago.

Da_Esco said:

Dis post is goin to hell...... 4 SURE!!!!

Why would it? It's a serious question by an inquiring Doomer. Isn't that the point of a forum, to ask questions? Just because most of us know the answer doesn't make this a bad post. I wish Linguica would keep his promise to punish people that say "this thread should go to post hell". It gets annoying. Let the mods sort out what threads should die and which ones should stay, jeez.

BBG: I said dat since da mods DO have a habit of sendin posts to hell dat have been asked a million times.... you of all peeps should know dat if I was tryin to be an ass I could do a LOT better than dat.

I like the idea of the Post Hell thingy.

Me, in one of my mods, I changed the voice to just some sort of random chatter in reverse.

dsm said:

Heh, the first time I heard the Baphomet "talk" I thought it sounded more or less like this: "ee-butzhay-unyhex-of-niuwut" :-)

Heh. Yeah same here. But think about it, he really says:

oremoR nhoJ em llik tsum uoy ,emag eht niw oT.
Heh.

fraggle said:

If the post you commented about does end up getting gassed, you win a custom title (iirc), but if it doesnt get gassed, you get banned. This is the gas chamber challenge.

Tasty. I'm all for it.

Da_Esco said:

Hence why I do NOT make it a habit of chantin PH.... howeva, when I can TELL dat da thread is headin for greener pastures I will usually make a comment about it, just for laughs sake.

NUZZL3 NUZZLE NUZZLE