Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Vinesauce forums down for anyone else?

I seem to be getting this whenever I visit the forums. Vinny tweeted this a few days ago.

Is that "forums are down :)" message what banned people see? If so, I must've been caught in the rangeban, as I only have 2 innocuous posts and couldn't possibly have been banned for any other reason.

Like a man who steals nice things from good people to not know what a Vinesauce is.

And yes, Sodaholic, it's not just you. Everyone is banned even Vinny himself.

I'm seeing the same message. Looks like they took the IP range bans too far and are now trying to regain control of the forums. :D

I've tried corrupting SNES Doom using RTC but the best I've gotten is some garbage popping up on screen and then the game crashing a little while later. Maybe I should try again but with 32X Doom instead, since it still uses the original engine maybe it'll be a little more hardy.

Vinesauce has their own corruptor. I should also point out that the tighter a game is coded, the harder it is to corrupt it, at least in interesting ways. Hence why when they corrupted DKC1-3, the first game had the funniest and most insane corruptions, while the second and third games just kind of didn't really as much.

The ironic thing is Vinny doesn't even use the Vinesauce corrupter anymore, he sort of switched to the Real Time Corrupter as soon as he realized how useful rewinding/precise control of what form of RAM/ROM to corrupt really was.

Linguica said:

the fuck is vinesauce

I said something like this in the James Gandolfini Death thread, and everyone got pissed at me for not just Googling the guy.

SavageCorona said:

Vinesauce has their own corruptor. I should also point out that the tighter a game is coded, the harder it is to corrupt it, at least in interesting ways. Hence why when they corrupted DKC1-3, the first game had the funniest and most insane corruptions, while the second and third games just kind of didn't really as much.

Can this cause permanent damage?

No, the Vinesauce corrupter takes in the ROM image and then saves the corrupted version elsewhere with a different filename, preserving the original. The RTC does everything "ghostly" and only effects the ROM as it is loaded (cached?) into the emulator, never creating a new file and never touching the original.

Clonehunter said:

I said something like this in the James Gandolfini Death thread, and everyone got pissed at me for not just Googling the guy.

Linguica was carefully preserved in a cryocapsule back in 2003 and only recently let out. We realized we'd need him in pristine condition for the future of Dooming. So, he's allowed to be a little behind on TeH YouTubeZ culture.

(I kid, I kid :)

Quasar said:

Linguica was carefully preserved in a cryocapsule back in 2003 and only recently let out. We realized we'd need him in pristine condition for the future of Dooming. So, he's allowed to be a little behind on TeH YouTubeZ culture.

(I kid, I kid :)

Too be fair, he does seem to be more active than I've ever seen him during my time on these forums.