Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Good Drugz

Alright, this is a shoutout to anyone and everyone who reads these forums who has ever taken the prescription drug Accutane (Isotretinoin). My mom is trying to foist this stuff on me, and I'm trying to do my research and cover all my bases before I start something that might lead to problems down the road. So I want to hear opinions and comments from those of you who've had Accutane treatment in the past (or currently).

WHAT I WANT: First-hand accounts from people that have taken Accutane: I want to know about keeping the drug schedule, any problems or side effects that manifested, how satisfied you are with the results, that sort of thing. Or, if you know any family or close riends who have taken the drug, either get their opinions or your own observations of their treatment.

WHAT I DON'T WANT: Rumors, heresay, friend-of-a-friend accounts, articles copy-pasted from other sites *COUGH*fodders*COUGH*, or stuff about flying airplanes into buildings (my dad buries me with this, and it's getting old). If I wanted this kind of thing, I'd use Google and not be asking on Doomworld, dig?

Uh, sorry if this sounds silly, but what's it for?

You say she is foisting it on you, well, it largely depends if you need it or not. What's wrong?

Heh. The only two perscription meds I reccomend staying away from that I've taken are Zoloft and Codine.

Zoloft.... man, I took that stuff for 6 months and it royally fucked me up. My experience with that was enough to make me not want to take any drugs to resolve my problems aside from headache pills.

You might also want to consider giving Google a chance, it might turn up some good articles.

Vominus said:

Zoloft.... man, I took that stuff for 6 months and it royally fucked me up. My experience with that was enough to make me not want to take any drugs to resolve my problems aside from headache pills.

ROFL

That's exactly how I feel. That stuff was like prozac mixed with caffine for me. I was so fucking hyper that I just annoyed the living fuck out of anyone I came in contact with. It also permanently fucked up my brain or something because I used to be a complete introvert that never talked to anyone, but nowadays, if I find anyone interesting enough to talk to I won't shut the Hell up. Maybe its a good thing that I'm more sociable now, but I dunno, it wasn't worth the retardedness of when I was on that drug.

Now the only medicines I trust are Aspirin, Immodium, and anti-acids. I stay the hell away from just about everything else.

I don't trust medicines. I believe my headaches and depressions has their reason and should be allowed to run their cause unhindered by medicaments.

I decided to go ahead and try the Accutane. Had to go through a big ol' consent/release form. Four of the seven initialed points were about the psychoactive effects, all thanks to that dumb kid who flew the small plane into the building in Florida. This stuff is supposed to be the antithesis of Prozac or Zoloft. "Do you have a history of depression?" "Does your family have a history of depression?" "Are you aware that after taking Accutane you will have a history of depression?" "Do you promise that your family won't sue us if you kill your own dumb self?" Jeez. Plus they had to take a blood sample, and they'll need another in a month. I hate having blood drawn. Of course, now that I'm on this stuff, I'm forbidden from donating blood until a month after I go off it.

Can't drink alcohol while in Accutane, that's the shitty thing. No I have never taken it but my friend aaron has

A depression is just a way of telling you something is wrong, and you or your family/friends should change it as soon as possible. Even if it's really painful in its own peculiar way, butchering the feeling with medicines is like taking pills to not feel the burn when you have to pee.

Oh shut up. I'll refrain from pimping my team just in case. Only one more day...

Zaldron said:

A depression is just a way of telling you something is wrong, and you or your family/friends should change it as soon as possible. Even if it's really painful in its own peculiar way, butchering the feeling with medicines is like taking pills to not feel the burn when you have to pee.

Exactly my words.

...feel the burn when you have to pee....

Dude, you got the clap, go get a shot and clear that shit up. :p

Depression is a wierd thing. After a while it becomes the norm and happiness becomes this unfamiliar and kind of scary sensation.

Zaldron said:

I generally agree with that, but there are odd cases where it's simply a chemical imbalance and not due to any particular circumstances.

About the only medicines I take are for specific short-term sicknesses, like a cold or fever or something. I don't take aspirin either ... if something's going wrong, I gotta be able to tell what it is. This is probably due to knowing of somebody at my junior high who fell and hit his head on a rock, took an aspirin and dropped dead about 12 hours later because he couldn't feel the blood clot growing in his head.

Strange as it may seem, taking an asprin was probably the one good thing he did, asprin prevents clots, obviously the hemorrhage was too great for 1 or 2 asprin to help, but probably prolonged his life an hour or so

There are no truly happy people in the world. Everyone is just at different stages of depression.

Lüt said:

I generally agree with that, but there are odd cases where it's simply a chemical imbalance and not due to any particular circumstances.

Of course. I was just ranting at mentally-induced depressions. I think the other one has a separate medical term.

the_Danarchist said:

There are no truly happy people in the world. Everyone is just at different stages of depression.

And what NIN song did you rip that from, Danny? :P

For depression songs you need The Smiths
Take me out tonight
Where there's music and there's people
And they're young and alive
Driving in your car
I never never want to go home
Because I haven't got one
Anymore

Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people and I
Want to see life
Driving in your car
Oh, please don't drop me home
Because it's not my home, it's their
Home, and I'm welcome no more

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

Take me out tonight
Take me anywhere, I don't care
I don't care, I don't care
And in the darkened underpass
I thought Oh God, my chance has come at last
(But then a strange fear gripped me and I
Just couldn't ask)

Take me out tonight
Oh, take me anywhere, I don't care
I don't care, I don't care
Driving in your car
I never never want to go home
Because I haven't got one, da ...
Oh, I haven't got one

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

Oh, There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out
There Is A Light And It Never Goes Out

DooMBoy said:

And what NIN song did you rip that from, Danny? :P

Umm...I made that up myself.

fodders said:

but probably prolonged his life an hour or so

Heh, yeah, but a hospital coulda prolonged it for decades if he had been aware his condition was worsening :P

The symptoms of an intracranial hemorrhage include sudden severe headache, nausea and vomiting, and neurological abnormalities including slurred or garbled speech, weakness or numbness of an arm or leg, temporary unconsciousness, or coma.

Asprin would not disguise this I am certain

Rellik said:

Dude, you got the clap, go get a shot and clear that shit up. :p

Depression is a wierd thing. After a while it becomes the norm and happiness becomes this unfamiliar and kind of scary sensation.

Is happiness supposed to a familiar sensation?

And so as you hear these words telling you now of my state
I tell you to enjoy life I wish I could but it's too late