Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckshot

New extended edition of 'Masters Of DOOM' confirmed

Looks like the planned tv movie version will never be...

But don't fret. If you haven't read 'Masters Of DOOM' yet, might want to hold off. Just saw confirmation that there's going to be a extended and updated version to reflect everything that's happened since the last novel ended in the world of ex-id founders.

Wondering if they'll go into detail on id software since everyone's depature... and perhaps start putting names to faces on the new age developers there a bit. I've been curious at who all is running the show, and who's behind the scenes since they seem shrouded in secrecy nowadays. Probably will get a lot of info on the Zenimax deal too.

any chance we can get to know more juicy details... the better.

it's probably cliche and sappy for me to say it... but I still think Romero, Hall amd Carmacks story is far from over, and maybe someday they'll raise the bar in the industry all over again.

But would defintley like to hear about the new teams as well.

It's probably better if it's not a tv show. The industries greatest bro-mance , now a TV movie.

Carmack "Oh Romero, you're the Riker to my Picard."

Romero "But Carmack, you're the Riker to my Picard."

And they never spoke again.

Buckshot said:

any chance we can get to know more juicy details... the better.

it's probably cliche and sappy for me to say it... but I still think Romero, Hall amd Carmacks story is far from over, and maybe someday they'll raise the bar in the industry all over again.

A new collaboration would be something out of this world. But I don't see it happening.

SYS said:

Carmack "Oh Romero, you're the Riker to my Picard."

Romero "But Carmack, you're the Riker to my Picard."

And they never spoke again.

John&John by supernaturallyamorous25 - Romero and Carmack have been coworkers for a long time. But Carmack for an equally long time has been struggling with emotions that confuse him, and one evening he finds the courage to tell Romero. Will he feel the pain of rejection, or will their relationship become something more? A Carmero fic. Please R&R! Rated T but later chapters might contain mature content.

JudgeDeadd said:

John&John by supernaturallyamorous25 - Romero and Carmack have been coworkers for a long time. But Carmack for an equally long time has been struggling with emotions that confuse him, and one evening he finds the courage to tell Romero. Will he feel the pain of rejection, or will their relationship become something more? A Carmero fic. Please R&R! Rated T but later chapters might contain mature content.

...still a better love story than twilight.

DooM_RO said:

Anyone wanna bet it's going to be part of the Collector's Edition of Doom 4?

It has fuckall to do with Doom 4.

I'll definitely snatch up a copy. Hope it adds more to the original old story too, though it's kind of a masterpiece, as-is. I'd hate to ruin the pacing of the original, which is brilliant.

As far as "putting the band back together" goes, they are sort of in a position where it could happen, now that Carmack is out of id. He could finally now build his Metaverse, with the Oculus Rift, and he needs a kick ass game behind it (as if I knew what the hell was going on :) Makes sense to me, anyway! Here's to hope!

kb1 said:

I'll definitely snatch up a copy. Hope it adds more to the original old story too, though it's kind of a masterpiece, as-is. I'd hate to ruin the pacing of the original, which is brilliant.

As far as "putting the band back together" goes, they are sort of in a position where it could happen, now that Carmack is out of id. He could finally now build his Metaverse, with the Oculus Rift, and he needs a kick ass game behind it (as if I knew what the hell was going on :) Makes sense to me, anyway! Here's to hope!

Is that Zenimax lawsuit with Oculus still ongoing? I think Carmack could make a brilliant Oculus rocket science/space travel game.