Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

Steam Summer Sale Aftermath

How bad did GabeN hit your wallet this time?

So far I bought:

Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
EYE Divine Cybermancy
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Still have $15 to spend, waiting for the next flash sales to convince me what to get.

EDIT: Bought Ikaruga and Hotline Miami 2 bringing my total to about $50 spent. Pretty good sale all around!

Portal 1 and 2
Duke3D Megaton
Blood (because I have no excuse for not playing this yet)
Delta Force

A little over £10 maybe, I'd say I survived pretty well.

DCS World - AC-10, Huey, and Flaming Cliffs $30 total, mostly spent from refunding Homeworld Remastered since I really didn't enjoy it.
Project Cars - $30 (I'm actually playing this one, yay!)
Metro Redux Bundle - $10
Transistor - $5
Wolf - Old Blood - $10 (Probably not downloading for a while since I've yet to even beat New Order.

10 - Got Black Ops, the one CoD I really like, when it finally came down to a decent(er) price
2.49 - Fallout New Vegas

I think this was it, so it's been a pretty tame year.

This is the first time in a while that I bought anything on the Steam sale:

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars 3.29 USD
Legend of Grimrock 2 5.99 USD
Shadow Warrior 5.99 USD
Wyrmsun 3.74 USD
Metro Redux Bundle 9.99 USD
Spear of Destiny 2.49 USD
Endless Legend - Classic Edition 17.49 USD
Grim Fandango Remastered 7.49 USD

Decent haul. Actually looking forward to playing each one of them. So far I really like Endless Legend, which is pretty much Civ 5 with some minor differences and a different art style. I'm also having fun with Shadow Warrior, though it's got some hit or miss combat scenarios for sure. Wyrmsun is kind of a neat game -- it's basically a clone of Warcraft (original), though it's a little barebones. I wish it had a more engaging campaign.

I find that I don't have much a problem at all ignoring sales right now, since every time I hover the mouse button over something I remember all the games in my backlog that I haven't gotten to yet.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, and that's it. i've pretty much bought out everything i could want during previous sales.

GeckoYamori said:

I find that I don't have much a problem at all ignoring sales right now, since every time I hover the mouse button over something I remember all the games in my backlog that I haven't gotten to yet.

This is essentially how I avoided buying anything on steam until I had a reliable source of income. Now, I've made a vow to myself that I WILL play all of the games I purchased, in some way.

I grabbed Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics because somehow I never bothered to have it on Steam so now officially I own them three times over. >.>

Talisman: Digital Edition season pass because holy shit like $90 worth of content for $18.

And a handful of other games:
Life is Strange
Divinity II
Bulletstorm
Eldrich

Was tempted by a few other offers but I don't play games often enough anymore to justify any more than that.

Normally, I too end up with a bunch of games in my library which never get played. But I'm surprised at how strict I've been this time. I bought Ori and the Blind Forest for 10 quid, and that's it.

Clonehunter said:

10 - Got Black Ops, the one CoD I really like, when it finally came down to a decent(er) price

You like the zombies mode too, eh? That was the only motivation I had to help my roommate finish the campaign mode, just so we could play the Nazi Mansion about a 1000 times while cutting class. I think we found a viable strategy for upgrading every single weapon with 2 players. Surprisingly, playing with strangers over the internet was a serious downgrade since there was small chance of coordinating any coherent strategy.

When my best friend first showed me the Pentagon level, I knew CoD should be one giant game about zombies, forget everything else.

BlackFish said:

Project Cars - $30 (I'm actually playing this one, yay!)

Fancy a race? Hit me up sometime.

TheCupboard said:

You like the zombies mode too, eh? That was the only motivation I had to help my roommate finish the campaign mode, just so we could play the Nazi Mansion about a 1000 times while cutting class. I think we found a viable strategy for upgrading every single weapon with 2 players. Surprisingly, playing with strangers over the internet was a serious downgrade since there was small chance of coordinating any coherent strategy.

When my best friend first showed me the Pentagon level, I knew CoD should be one giant game about zombies, forget everything else.

The Pentagon level was proof that they needed more maps with Politicians as playable characters. I don't think that ever happened, though.

Actually, a full game where you play as a gun slinging Nixon shooting anything sounds like it could be fun.

In alphabetical order (because "no particular order" is overrated):

Castle Crashers
DeadCore
Half Minute Hero Bundle
Life Is Strange - Episode 1
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

I got Shadowman for $1.19 off of GoG. I received SimCity 2000 as a bonus, so that's good.

I spent ~50$. Most of that was homeworld remastered, skyrim legendary edition, metro redux, and WH40k: Dawn of war game of the year. And a couple other games. I think I got Valkyria Chronicles on the sale before the summer sale. In any case, I think I made out pretty well, considering all of those were probably 50$+ on release.

If anyone wants a dungeon defenders complete edition, including all DLC, PM me.

Agarest Zero
AVGN Adventures
Fallout 3: GOTY Edition
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Valkyria Chronicles
Wrack
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

I've bought nothing. Work is murdering me.

I bought Shadowgate 2014, Chip's Challenge 1 & Bloody Trapland all for a total of 6.29.

Edit: Bought Duke Nukem Forever & both dlcs for about 7 bucks.

ARK: Survival Evolved
A Wizard's Lizard
Wolfenstein: The New order
RTCW
Eldritch
Dragon: A Game About a Dragon
Descent 3
Edit:
Ori and the Blind Forest

I'm now up to 102 games. FML.

Roundabout
This War of Mine