Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

online texture reference

Does anybody have a webpage with images uploaded of all of Doom, and Doom 2s textures with their names? It would be helpful when I'm trying to communicate a texture theme to someone, using the names of the textures sometimes i forget what the exact names are, and if who I'm talking to doesn't recognize them, they wont have to open up an editor to look it up. They could look at the wweb page or I could link the images of the texture to them. Does the doom wiki have something like that? Are there legal ramifications for that? If so, what if there was some sort of watermark or something on them?

The wiki has nothing like that, for the same reason that idgames rejects WADs containing every commercial texture.

I seem to recall Doom Power putting up a side-by-side comparison of original and hi-res textures (but I can't read Russian, so I'm not finding it atm).

Cue Quasar saying that id's founders will bequeath their documentation to doomwiki.org, so 60 years from now it can have an article about each named graphics resource.  ;>

maybe doing something like this with freedooms textures, they are not exactly the same, but they are similar enough you could use them as reference i think

Thanks for answering.

Would it still be an issue of the images were tampered with? (because labels would be nice too)

I thought that, technically, using a part of copyrighted material was a copyright violation as much as using the whole. Also, what if you wanted to use the reference to point out some trivia about the texture's pixels, which happen to be right behind the tamper? Opening a wad with an editor seems more than good enough for me.