Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nxGangrel

When is your most productive time?

First let me explain the origin of my question.

Over the course of this summer I've noticed some odd, but not alien, behavior I have been doing. I say it's odd because I don't do this often. What I'm doing is I've been staying up all night, something I dubbed "the night shift", to work on various things, similar to an "all nighter". I go to bed, or rather, takes long naps on the floor, after dawn and wake up around noon to compensate for my lack of sleep. Around the 12:00 AM to 6 AM mark is where I spend most of my time working on my projects or fixing some personal problems, and 7 AM to 1 PM or so is when I sleep.

This action causes me to feel more focused because I have the feeling of almost complete loneliness and separation from people and other potential distractions. But I only do this during the summer, unless there is an important assignment (specifically for school) I have to finish on a deadline, which I find odd.

Where I'm going with this is, this what I am comfortable with when working on something, as I can accomplish more and multitask as well. And I'm sure this has been asked before, and if it is, I'm going repeat the question any way: What do you feel is the best time for productivity? Either objectively or subjectively. This is regarding any task, including Doom relate things, like level building or texture editing for example. (A couple things I do during the time up as well.)

im only productive during the night, or when im all alone, i cant finish anything if someone is watching me or making noise

I'm not a morning person, but I'm not a night owl either. So I suppose my most productive time is in the afternoon or early evening. Not that I'm a very productive person.

Time constraints work well for me. When I'm aware I only have a limited time to do something I overperform. When I have all day to do whatever I usually can't focus being aware of all the things I now have time to do.

I'm a morning person. I get up at 6:30 every morning and that's when I'm most productive. In the evening I don't feel like doing a damned thing and that's when I'm at my peak of laziness.

I think it's afternoon to evening to late evening. In short, anytime except the few hours after waking up.

Depends strongly on conditions and time constraints. At office I'm productive because I'm paid for it and required to work. I think I'm more productive near the end of the day than during the morning, mainly because I plan and think first, and execute later.

For non-job projects, I'm also more active during the time I'm supposed to go to bed (11 pm). Must be both the solitude and the unwillingness to sleep.

For me it has less to do with what time it is as what state of mind I've found myself in. Generally any time I get up to stretch and move around a bit, or do a short guided meditation off of youtube my mind becomes clear of whatever shit was on it and I'm ready to do something.

I'm least productive when I haven't ate for a while.

Probably late morning, say 9-11am. I can usually work 10 hours at peak from that point, then my brain quits.

Creatively speaking though, it's definitely night. Probably after 9pm.

I used to be really productive 11 pm - 3 am and like 7 am - 11 am. Now I'm really productive 9 am - 4 pm. then 6 pm - 11 when i pass out.

I'm most productive with a new project or something fresh. Work is full of not new and unfresh projects, so I try to pace things where I'm doing something new or challenging, then doing something not new and tedious; instead of doing everything new and challenging up first.

I take medication for ADHD in the morning so I'm usually the most focused from 12:00 PM to around 4:00 to 5:00 PM.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

When I'm on the toilet. I produce the most crap then...

ahaha. That's a good one.