Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sokoro

List of all good slaughterwads.

I am looking for visualy and mechanicaly interesting maps with lot of monsters, only good quality, so stuff like nuts.wad does not count.

I know about:

Slaughterfest 2011
Slaughterfest 2012
Sunder
Stardate20X6 (maybe?)

What else?

New Gothic Movement
Slaughterfest 3 (When it is finished, a fair bit has been done on it so far)
Combat Shock (1 and 2)
Deus Vult

These are a few that come to mind. Things like Hell Revealed (1 and 2) and Alien Vendetta are slaughter-like in the later maps. I thought there was a fairly comprehensive list somewhere, but a Google search didn't yield the post I thought I was after. (It did bring up several previous threads on this topic though)

New Gothic Movement
Combat Shock 1, Combat Shock 2
Deus Vult, Deus Vult II
Rush (recent release by Archi)
Resurgence
SoD
SirH2

some of the "classics" (which are kind of hit or miss in my opinion): HR, HR2, AV

ToD maps: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?search=1&field=author&word=timeofdeath (I think he also released a bunch of stuff under different names, but I forget exactly -.-)

gggmork also had lots of super-puzzley slaughterstuff, not sure if it made its way onto an archive anywhere.

misc Erik Alm maps: a couple later maps in scythe1, scythe2. also eaxt.wad

misc Eternal maps: Cybersky, Belial's Bad Brain, 32inch nails

a lot of death-destiny wads probably qualify (e.g. nochance, disturbia), those are amazing imo

there are several skillsaw maps (in vanguard, lunatic) that are good "easy" slaughtermaps, check those out aswell.

Survive in Hell. Also Speed of Doom has some slaughter maps, especially the later ones.

Shaitan's luck, Sunlust (by the looks of it, not sure if this is released yet), various Ribbiks, Danne maps, GGG maps and ToD maps, Hedrox 2 (kind of), Dark Resolution (this had some DD maps in from what I remember another great author to check out), Holy Hell (not exactly visually stunning), Okuplok's map that I cannot remember the name of (what the fuck happened to it?) I have a few more on my PC, too. I had a map that had a snow setting but I cannot remember the name of it (it was supposed to be the second map of that big community map but I cannot remember the name for the life of me). I think the author was Russian if I am not mistaken. Memory is a bit vague and hazy for not playing much nowadays.

I like when people say "New Gothic Movement" instead of "New Gothic", which is the correct title I suppose ("movement" is more like in a symphony where it means "part"?). Makes it sound more important, like an art movement or something. :D

Memfis said:

I like when people say "New Gothic Movement" instead of "New Gothic", which is the correct title I suppose ("movement" is more like in a symphony where it means "part"?). Makes it sound more important, like an art movement or something. :D

Actually New Gothic: Movement 1 is the correct title, named that way because of my years in band, some pieces would have separate 'movements' with different time signatures and feeling, such as Holst's The Planets. The first movement was intended as just that, and NG2 is actually the second movement. So yeah your comment about the symphony is right.

E: I explained that wrong. I haven't thought about it in a couple years.

The later maps of Plutonia 2, Plutonia Revisited, and Kama Sutra comes to mind aside from the well known wads that got their share of slaughtermaps. Fredrik Johannson's Vrack series is another example of slaughter wads, particularly Vrack 2 and 3. There's even the maps made by the two founders of slaughtermaps, Dario and Milo Casali. Plutonia may not be slaughter-based, but got a few maps. However, there's Punisher and Seej, both by Dario Casali.