Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Jurassic World has racist Dinosaur

https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/news/comedian-slams--racist--jurassic-world-dinosaur-144259625.html

"One of the new dinosaurs in "Jurassic World" appears to have inadvertently stumbled into a race row.

Movie-goers – and a comedian – have weighed in over the so-called "pakisaurus," which features in the new movie, and the unfortunately shortened version that is also used.

Being made in the U.S., those behind the scripting are likely ignorant of the fact that phrases including "the Pachys are out of containment" might sound culturally insensitive.

In fact, the full name of the creature is the North American Pachycephalosaurus, though there is also a lizard called the "pakisaurus," which is where some of the confusion has arisen."

There are no adults on the planet anymore, only highly sensitive children finding insult where it does not even exist. This politically correct extremism in daily life which did not exist at all 10 to 12 years ago really needs to die off before it does some serious global-culturally-political damage. 'culturally insensitive' writing for a dinosaur action movie... lmao.

But, that comedian found a way to joke about something which is what comedians do. And, they should never be taken serious when they are joking, lol.

Dogs are pretty racist.

I had to think really hard before I remembered that "Paki" means Pakistani in Britain. Saw that in a movie once. For any Americans who have absolutely no fucking clue what this is all about.

If I create a machine that randomly assembles different letters in different orders, it will eventually happen to craft racist words.

And I don't care.

SYS said:

"the Pachys are out of containment"

Heh - Jurassic Park meets border security-themed "reality TV".

Krispy, as always you are on a mission to civilize ;)

Movie theaters in Britain might have sported raised eyebrows. In fact it is an example of shitty screenwriting, why would you have a character say something that smacks of racism in the western world? The dialogue is purposefully not the main attraction in this film, so it's understandable how one lazy writer could put that in.

For that matter, the current President of Greece is also called affectionately "Pakis":

His real name is Prokopis Pavlopoulos.

Krispy said:

I had to think really hard before I remembered that "Paki" means Pakistani in Britain. Saw that in a movie once. For any Americans who have absolutely no fucking clue what this is all about.

Thank you. I had no idea what the link in the OP was talking about.

TheCupboard said:

In fact it is an example of shitty screenwriting, why would you have a character say something that smacks of racism in the western world?

Gotta love how whitey cares more than the Pakistanis.

Movie theaters in Britain might have sported raised eyebrows. In fact it is an example of shitty screenwriting, why would you have a character say something that smacks of racism in the western world? The dialogue is purposefully not the main attraction in this film, so it's understandable how one lazy writer could put that in.

I am genuinely unsure if this is tongue in cheek or serious. Well done... I hope?

Technician said:

Just follow the money. There are countless NGOs and "activist" LGBT groups that piggyback on them in order to get funding and influence, so of course they will behave much more fanatically than any of the -allegedly- directly affected, aka some 300 million actual Pakistanis, most of which can't even afford to see the movie. Wanna betcha that the most vocal and loud complainers will also be pasty-white, spoiled rich papa's boys & girls or crazy cat ladies?

SavageCorona said:

Yes Maddox still posts by the way. I'm surprised too.

He just did a video shitting on the wage gap that I really liked.

I love that guy for his blunt honesty and generally agreeable views combined with his huge ego that makes him sound a fuckton smarter than he probably really is.

Technician said:

The majority of my non-white friends are generally annoyed by super-liberal whites. They think of them as patronizing and disingenuous. Nobody like to be treated differently as a default; even if the intentions are good.

EDIT: I should also note that most of my friends are non-white. The area I grew up in is highly diverse. I work in a majority black area; I've employed young black men, and have helped to give them job opportunities. I help to teach them skills they can use to better their lives. This is what makes the real difference for people. I consider that to be a lot more helpful than being some annoying PC prick on FB or tumblr.

TheCupboard said:

Krispy, as always you are on a mission to civilize ;)

Or it's easier to say Pachy instead of Pachycephalosaurus. Of course, Friar Tuck is a fair alternative name, too.

Boo fucking hoo. So tired of these fake bread-and-circus drummed up controversies.

SYS said:

Movie-goers – and a comedian – have weighed in over the so-called "pakisaurus," which features in the new movie, and the unfortunately shortened version that is also used.

Did anyone in this thread even watch the video?

It's probably one of the funniest things I've seen recently. I don't think he's serious at all but it's pretty funny to see that Yahoo article and everyone here on Doomworld taking it at face value and missing the point.

Kontra Kommando said:

I should also note that most of my friends are non-white.

Hah. Just cornered yourself in cookie-cutter crypto-fascist right-winger land, buddy. For reasons that are too cuckoo for me to understand, for some reason, saying "Some of my (best) friends are $(ETHNICITY)" makes you a prime target for all the bleeding-heart liberals.

It's ironic how a "problem" supposedly affecting third-world people, is actually just as first-world as it gets. But hey, I guess being a bleeding-heard LGBT activist is easier than actually migrating to e.g. Pakistan and feel the "multiculturalism" first hand. Especially white, blonde women and pretty-boy white kids would have a veeeeeeeeeery nice time down there.

The fact that he can't keep a straight face for more than 10 seconds should say a lot.

Also when I saw this thread title I figured it would be about that one part where the obviously Mexican guy gets eaten first.

Maes said:

Hah. Just cornered yourself in cookie-cutter crypto-fascist land, buddy. For reasons that are too cuckoo for me to understand, for some reason, saying "Some of my (best) friends are $(PUT_DISADVANTAGED_COMMUNITY_NAME_HERE)", saying that makes you a prime target for all the bleeding-heart liberals.

I think its because most of the bleeding-hearts are jealous in some weird way. Probably because they have only heard of minorities in their college sociology textbooks. I guess growing up in a highly-diverse urban area, it does make you color-blind. Because despite the fact that people are different from one another; you see and deal with them everyday. Race becomes less of an issue, because seeing people of other races is normal.

Clonehunter said:

Or it's easier to say Pachy instead of Pachycephalosaurus. Of course, Friar Tuck is a fair alternative name, too.

Exactly, it should have been something that had the charisma of "Friar Tuck" behind it. A staff of creative writers should be aiming to please an audience with a punch, not leave them with open question marks... "Did that seem odd to you?" or 1 chance in 1000 "Was that vaguely offensive?"

Sometimes whitey sucks, and has basically proven so, time and time again, through half a dozen different ideologies since the Enlightenment Era, from radical to reactionary in the many western countries.

Do you know why whitey always has to come to the rescue? Because there are no "pakis" to say otherwise. Pakistan is a botched shit-hole created in the 1940s by the death throes of the British Empire, a country with no Indo-Pakistani access to natural resources & fresh water (hence Kashmir), transportation infrastructure or any technological investment incentives. They don't have internet access to be able to rebut your pointless banter.

When whitey sticks up for you, you know he's trying to be cool, even though there isn't a hell of a lot he can do for you because he already did all he could with his evil empires and such . Because all this time he has been a pretty awful dude. Like, grossly awful. I'm not even going into details there.

Krispy said:

Wait, that term is NOT a common racist term here in the US? o.O

Pakistan's main issue isn't it's shitty infrastructure and poverty - it's that every province want's it's own national sovereignty with the exception of it's Punjabi majority, of course. In the long run, Pakistan was India's Godsend despite their loathing of it's separation. Other than the Punjabi/Kashmir provinces, the rest of the provinces are either ethnically/socially estranged or infested with vast amounts of desert. Baluchistan would like to be considered ethnically Arab, not Indo-aryan and the Pushtu peoples would much rather be an extension of Afghanistan. The British actually didn't draw the lines of the Indian nation/continent when they conquered it, in fact, it got a little smaller. They simply took over where the Mughal left off and controlled the nation in the same manner as they did, by using provincial hatred/coalitions to their favor and replacing the Mughal(ian) central military structure. Frankly, I can't see the Pakistani and Indian nations possibly working without separation, or at least some ethnic/provincial sovereignty. Once Islam came into the picture the West and Northern parts of the Hindu Kingdom turned to chaos until a central order was forced upon them.

TheCupboard said:

They don't have internet access to be able to rebut your pointless banter.

No, But let's just pretend for a second that their isn't roughly a population of six million Pakistanis outside of their native country, residing in what we would call the free world who could easily speak for them selves. That Pakistani fellow who made the video parodied our defensiveness for them and our assumed conclusion of what their opinion should be.

EDIT: I spelled "Mughal" incorreclty.

It's probably one of the funniest things I've seen recently. I don't think he's serious at all but it's pretty funny to see that Yahoo article and everyone here on Doomworld taking it at face value and missing the point.

This is even more confusing. Are you chuckling at yourself? Or is there a clear difference in your mind between "this person is a neo-nazi based on a facebook like" and "this film is racist based on a shortened word"?