Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SavageCorona

Gay marriage is legal nationwide in the US

Honestly from what I can tell one of the only actual problems with incest is that it is difficult to discern between genuine affection and abuse, and what amounts to stockholm syndrome. Really, though, it's probably one of the better issues to err on the side of caution with. Also, it is my understanding that whole birth defect thing is accumulative over generations of inbreeding, not necessarily a guarantee in one generation.

And let's be real, there's really fucking nothing wrong with polygamy/polyamory between consenting adults. It's unfortunate that between fundamentalist Mormons and whatever sect of Muslims it is that practices polygamy have become the public face of it, when those examples amount to little more than having a harem of sex slaves.

Common sense prevails.

It's about time. Love is love, marriage is marriage, and fuck knows why it's anyone else's business.

Arctangent said:

Less ambiguous is the fact that she mentioned polygamy. Sure, everyone in an open relationship must be okay with the fact that it's an open relationship, but if there's no problems there what exactly is the issue with having multiple partners? I don't think I could handle a relationship like that myself, but I can think of literally no reason to forbid the people who could from pursuing one.

I think the main argument against polygamous marriages isn't a moral one (or at least it shouldn't be), but a legal one. Government provides some advantages to married couples, how would you split those among an entire... pack of consorts? Borrowing from Sharia probably isn't a good idea, heh.

Arctangent said:

Actually, I think incest is technically legal in either the US as a whole or some states. I forget if it extends to incest between siblings or just incest between cousins, but I have read that some fairly closely-related incest is legal within the US area.

Hot.

glad the US finally allows same sex marriage :)

my country (mexico) doesnt sanction it yet (they only do at the capital), but there is a big chance they will start since its already been accepted as inconstitutional to disallow it

on the topic of incest and polyamory, i think its fine as long as it is between consenting adults (and no inbreeding for incest cases)

I am happy this happened, because now all those people who were against it will cry.

Clonehunter said:

It's best in Japanese comics

Them conservative cunts got their way and now it's all hard-mosaic(ed).

Japan: Hentai isn't want's bringing down your population count.

This is super-neato and all, and I'm glad that this thing has finally been done at the Supreme Court. That being said, don't be surprised when a number of roundabout techniques are used to prevent these marriages actually happening. This is the same country that abused 'all deliberate speed' and featured a president who openly mocked the lack of the Supreme Court to enforce their decisions. The process has a long way to go, and that's just from a marriage perspective.

The numerous other challenges the LGBQT community faces are uncountable, not the least of which is when the privileged ones come out and are labeled as 'brave' when the average member of the community faces the same challenges every day without public support as a safety net.

I genuinely hope this is the start of a long process and not another false beacon of change.

It will be old people island soon. Like Dinosaur Land from Mario but with real-ass dinosaurs this time around. Then another tsunamiquake will hit and all the otakus will crawl out of the shadows to repair everything like they did last time and all the old dudes will scratch their heads and be like "where did these fuckers come from?"

Goddammit I need to stop staying up all night I make posts like these.

Buckshot said:

While I agree with equality and approve of the right to marriage, this is a terrible argument that you're comparing to. So the US joined the ranks, of what? All the other homosexual approving super nations out there... like Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, India, the entire African Continent, the entire South American Continent, pretty much all of the Middle East/Indochina and pacific Asian countries, etc? Because most, if not all, of those nations completely disallow, if not criminalize homosexuality... some even by the sentence of death. Even United Kingdom only recently legalized homosexual marriage.

The fact that it was legal in many states before it was federally approved was already light years ahead of marriage equality on the USA's behalf. We were easily one of the least hypocritical countries on the issue to begin with

Hypocritical in a general scene not purely on the issue of gay marriage.

raymoohawk said:

(they only do at the capital)

I think also in Coahuila.

I lol at Twitter posts from Americans saying they're moving to Canada because of legalization. It's been legal in Canada for 10 years already. Try Uganda instead.

SYS said:

I lol at Twitter posts from Americans saying they're moving to Canada because of legalization. It's been legal in Canada for 10 years already. Try Uganda instead.

Only Twitter posts I ever see are spam.

This is good news since I know a gay couple that are friends of mine that wanted to get married in Louisiana.

Now all they need to do is legalize prostitution and marijuana and abolish the death penalty.

I'm so glad that gay marriage is legal nationwide. Now homosexuals can marry the ones they want, and I'm glad for that because of how all sexualities in the US can marry the ones they want. Now all we got to hope for is this to happen worldwide.

I'm not holding my breath for them to legalize even being gay in the middle east and African countries like Uganda. That day will be a great day though.

The only thing i can say about this:

SYS said:

Or Italy if the American people wishes.

See, our right-wing catholic conservative parties and associations even think there's a (nonexistent) Gender theory and sexual education from kindergarten school "to turn our poor childs into sexual deviates!!1!1!" conspiracy, born mostly in a huge misunderstanding of these studies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_studies , and also our parliament had to discuss a law about the Civil union for same sex people that actually give just a little sop with unions but without sons (A Italian article about this law, warning googol translate ahead!)...

SavageCorona said:

I'm not holding my breath for them to legalize even being gay in the middle east and African countries like Uganda. That day will be a great day though.

Muslims love lesbians. Just not in marriage or outside the house.