Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

The worst alcohol you have ever tried?

So I just bought my first Johnnie Walker Red label, and it was easily one of the worst things I have put into my mouth in recent memory. Why it is the most popular blended scotch in the world I have no idea. Still, it got me thinking about bad alcohol.

What are in your opinion, the worst alcoholic things you have ever put into your mouths?

I am nominating red label personally, but I am sure there is worse. You?

Probably some cheap beer that was skunked before they put it in cans or somebody's homemade wine that tasted like vinegar. I may not like some of the various brand-name things I find in stores, but they're never even close to the worst.

Oh wait! I know! In China there was this bottle of baijiu on the table of the restaurant our group was eating at. None of the people from HK touched it, so I brought it home with me. That stuff was so bad a sip made my brother's head spin, and he was in the habit of drinking Jack Daniel's like it was pop at the time.

I hear Gold Shlogger.

Heineken.

Also, I brewed my own apple-peach-grapefruit juice wine when I was 20 years of age. That tasted like autumn honey, and death. Blah. It served as excellent drain cleaner in the days to come. It got me fucked up when I was on LSD, so I remember it a little fondly.

the undisputed champion of shit beer:

clam, tomato, and shame. tastes surprisingly close to an old gym bag.

Aliotroph? said:

That stuff was so bad a sip made my brother's head spin, and he was in the habit of drinking Jack Daniel's like it was pop at the time.

Jack Daniels isn't actually a bad whiskey. Oh it's really bland and not very interesting, but it's still perfectly drinkable. In fact, it's pretty much my go to drink of choice if I just want to get shitfaced.

JW: Red label on the other hand...

TheCupboard said:

Heineken.

Meh. It's drinkable if it's cold.

There was this home wine made by my friends father. Some were ok, and some tasted and smelled like vomit.

Deodorants are also very bad tasting, not that I have ever purposefully tried to drink any, but there was one guy who did try. Then he looked like he wanted to vomit.

And one time when I was still too young to buy any, I was in a bar, and stole someone's drink from an empty table. It tasted like some kind of horrible perfume. Next morning I felt like I wanted to vomit.

Thinking about alcohol sure brings up a lot of memories about vomit.

Absinth... I'm getting that awful "gonna vomit" feeling in my mouth just thinking of that disgusting taste..

Jimi said:

Deodorants are also very bad tasting, not that I have ever purposefully tried to drink any, but there was one guy who did try. Then he looked like he wanted to vomit.

People drink fucking deodorant to get pissed? What has society come to?

I also hate beer with a passion. It tastes like goat piss to me. I don't even care if people call me gay for liking fruity drinks, at least it tastes like a fucking drink.

SavageCorona said:

People drink fucking deodorant to get pissed? What has society come to?

It was also back when I and that guy was too young to buy any. So were in a shop, and we stopped to try some deodorants, and suddenly he decides to spray them into his mouth.

BombChel said:

Black label Black Velvet Canadian Whisky. I'd sooner drink paint thinner than that shit ever again.

Try neat vodka. At least it gets you fucking pissed.

You mean... tasting bad besides the alcohol? Cause I don't know if anyone's noticed, most of the shitty taste from alcoholic drinks comes from the alcohol. The most disgusting mixed drink you can think of doesn't taste worse than pure grain alcohol.

That said, any beer that you can see through is a fucking waste of liquid.

Technician said:

Methyl.

I'm going to assume that you can still see and that you aren't paralyzed or, otherwise, you probably wouldn't be posting.

I think all alcohol tastes like it could be used to clean a toilet bowl. The least bad I've had was champagne.

I had a Haitian friend in college who insisted on bringing back a staple of Haiti liquor. While the 5 star was passable, the 3 start still makes me lurch and want to hurl like a mother fucker holy hell. I don't think I rejoined the rum category until I went to Cuba last year and Havana Club showed me some amazing shit.

EDIT:

BombChel said:

Black label Black Velvet Canadian Whisky. I'd sooner drink paint thinner than that shit ever again.

Can confirm. Just finished a handle of this 2 weeks ago. Why I thought it'd be okay to spend $14 on a handle is beyond me.

Some type of cheap grain vodka sold in small plastic bottles over here... I know out of experience that it tasted a lot like, and was as irritating as getting a squirt of gasoline in your mouth. And painfully burning.

Carlsberg Special Brew for sure.

In the UK, there's a little joke about it being the beer that homeless people drink when they're not sipping industrial cleaning fluid. I don't see the distinction.

In the first year at Uni we had the brilliant idea to test an urban legend that hobos drink oldschool window cleaning detergent by filtering it through bread. What a retarded myth.

Some homebrews I tasted were almost as disgusting, the worst one was probably some pear brandy from my friend's father.