Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

ktch said:

Wow, looks great (and a lot of work :D)! Any insigths into animating such a complex character?

thanks

i recommend looking at the hellknight sprites when animating a monster with 4 frames in its walk cycle, and looking at the revenant when it is going to have 3 or 6

Gustavo6046 said:

Remembers me the Isla de las Muñecas...
Anyway what is the transparent color in Doom? I am planning a grenade sprites

Transparent Color is a aquamarine.

Gez said:

These little cars are tots adorbs. You could draw a children's book in that style. :)

Hehe, they ended up too cute to put in the wad basically.

I think voxels are the only way to do cars in the Doom engine convincingly.

Soundblock said:

Hehe, they ended up too cute to put in the wad basically.

I think voxels are the only way to do cars in the Doom engine convincingly.

You could always have the driver/passenger side door facing you, just inviting you to go in. Then if you have a Boom capable port, you can put these cars on a giant scroller so it looks like all of the cars are drifting as they speed down the highway.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

Very nice work. Can I make a suggestion however?

Make the ranged attack COST health rather than absorb health, but as it costs health make it much more powerful.

Then have a secondary attack which is melee, where the tumor-thing nibbles the opponent, dealing damage and absorbing it in the process.

Otherwise I fear it might be a bit OP.

That said, depends what situation you put the player in etc.

Great work though, looks fun to use!

Dragonfly said:

Otherwise I fear it might be a bit OP.

When you get a bit more experience with playing/modding, I'm sure you will realize that it's better for a weapon to be a bit OP than to be annoying to use, which a weapon that costs health easily becomes, not to mention its increasedly powerful attack might break balance anyway. :)

At least that's my opinion.

scifista42 said:

When you get a bit more experience with playing/modding,

I've been playing since 2004 and mapping & modding for Doom since 2005.

scifista42 said:

I'm sure you will realize that it's better for a weapon to be a bit OP than to be annoying to use, which a weapon that costs health easily becomes, not to mention its increasedly powerful attack might break balance anyway. :)

At least that's my opinion.

I've not had first-hand experience using it so I'm unsure if it IS overpowered or not, but it looked it from the short gifv that was posted. I'm almost certain it wouldn't hold up against the beefier monsters or in larger hordes.

I could see it, or something similar, being used for a stealthy vampire-type map set.

A cute vase of roses I did a couple of years ago and forgot about.
I never did get around to doing the flower gibs, though.

I agree, the rightmost sprite is the best. The more such sprites appear in a suitably themed wad, the better.

Wow I'm glad the thread isn't dead. :D I currently don't have internet so I'm not active on anywhere really but when I have internet at home, I'll share what I've been working on. There's some edits and a rather heavy edit for new monsters. As well as props and textures. I'm really liking what I'm seeing here hopefully I can upload my stuff soon :P

129thVisplane said:

Not sure if I'll do anything with this, maybe I'll take it apart, improve it, write a proper sbarinfo for it and make some cyberspace maps to go along with it. But I'm a lazy fuck so there probably won't be much done with it. Although, if I decided to continue this and make a full-fledged mod or maybe a short TC, it might get my aforementioned friend into Doom, so that'd be cool.

Actually, I was planning making a Sci-Fi themed wad, and I made SBAR graphics for it, but it looks like such shit in comparison to yours. I'd rather use yours, if you don't mind (Perhaps with some modification to the SBar Face)

Here it is:
https://scontent.forf1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/t31.0-8/12314614_886138994817869_5384271236785209501_o.png?dl=0

LanHikariDS said:

Actually, I was planning making a Sci-Fi themed wad, and I made SBAR graphics for it, but it looks like such shit in comparison to yours. I'd rather use yours, if you don't mind (Perhaps with some modification to the SBar Face)

Here it is: -snip-

Sure thing, I wouldn't mind at all. It's all over the place, though, (custom height, number offsets, and the protruding center bit) so I'm not completely sure how well it would actually work in game. But I guess it'd be fine with some adjustments or a custom ZDoom sbarinfo definition.

If you want to mess with it, here's the work files for it: a .bmp and a .psd with (somewhat) separate layers. The big numbers are recolors of the ones I used in icannar.wad. Knock yourself out, and good luck with your wad.

129thVisplane said:

Sure thing, I wouldn't mind at all. It's all over the place, though, (custom height, number offsets, and the protruding center bit) so I'm not completely sure how well it would actually work in game. But I guess it'd be fine with some adjustments or a custom ZDoom sbarinfo definition.

If you want to mess with it, here's the work files for it: a .bmp and a .psd with (somewhat) separate layers. The big numbers are recolors of the ones I used in icannar.wad. Knock yourself out, and good luck with your wad.

Why, thank you. Of course, you'll be credited. As for the protruding bit, I may level that down if I can't get it to work out, but it should work fine.

WIP fire death I'm making for Blasphemer

Dragonfly said:

Great work though, looks fun to use!

Thanks! I'm still gonna balance the weapon properly, so it shouldn't be as OP in when it's done

I am thinking on making new grenade sprites. I got Grafx2 which will ease spritemaking. Well I'm aiming to make potato masher sprites, based on RTCW.