Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

Yeah if anyone could help me think of a barrel design to use, that would be great. Oh and a grip to use.

I'm working on some voxel related stuff and made this demon!
(the candlesticks are from the doom voxel project, textures from AAliens)

The sprites are generated from Skiffy's outstanding remake of the Shambler MDL, which he realised back in Febuary:
http://celephais.net/board/view_thread.php?id=61285

I asked him if I could use it to generate Doom sprites, and happily he said yes. All I had to do, was pick which frames to use, generate all the rotations, add some shading and draw in the blood and lighting. Still quite a bit of work, and there's still some polishing to do, but if it looks good, then that's mostly because Skiffy did a top notch job on the remake.

129thVisplane: Cool stuff, has that Heretic sort of vibe going on. I think the biggest problem with the skull one is how the gem doesn't look like it's attached to anything. Maybe a smaller one, socketed into the skull?

BuuBee said:

I'm working on some voxel related stuff and made this demon!
(the candlesticks are from the doom voxel project, textures from AAliens)

Looks good. I've been wanting to do some Voxel stuff, too. What program do you use to make them?

LanHikariDS said:

Looks good. I've been wanting to do some Voxel stuff, too. What program do you use to make them?

I use magicavoxel for making the model and slab 6 to export the model to KVX, and the KVXoffset tool to correct their offsets.

It's pain to actually make animations because there aren't any "layers" per say as with pixel art.

I like to edit some sprites, but never finish 'em.
(Did I do the image thing right? Let's hope so...)

Here's a caco but is also heaven.

gingerbread_knight_by_omegalore-d9khgjj.

It's grandma's cookies gone horribly wrong, The Gingerbread Knight which comes in 2 flavors, Vanilla DOOM and DECORATE.

Vanilla is the normal death animation whilst DECORATE, he explodes into cookie crumbs via A_Burst

Here are some mugshots I made, based off of the ones seen in Wolf3d.

Here's when the player is turned into a mutant by Dr. Schabbs:

stfmutant.png.f21f725d0ced0ff4dde11f32da06be1f.png

And some "waiting" mugshots. I don't even know if they're used or not.

stfwaiting.png.7eae2ce559ea858d439ba80e22712677.pngstfwaiting2.png.e1b7b052c9c81328f693fdd0f05e6833.png

On 10/8/2016 at 0:03 PM, Lore said:

Some 3D stuff in 2D form I created today from scratch. Model is totally unfinished and there is only two omni lights: above and under the model, placed slighty forward center point. The middle ones have darkened and contrast is strengthened up. After discovering just recently sculpting tool, everything has become exponentially easier... Very complicated stuff to say all in one post, but I know this will work eventually.
caco.png
[edit] There is also small red light in the mouth.

Did you ever make sprites for this one? I'd love to check 'em out - very nice!

On 11/28/2017 at 4:47 AM, YukiTakashi said:

gingerbread_knight_by_omegalore-d9khgjj.

It's grandma's cookies gone horribly wrong, The Gingerbread Knight which comes in 2 flavors, Vanilla DOOM and DECORATE.

Vanilla is the normal death animation whilst DECORATE, he explodes into cookie crumbs via A_Burst

Very cool! That would go well with the Christmas imp in a Christmas map!

19 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

Here are some mugshots I made, based off of the ones seen in Wolf3d.

Here's when the player is turned into a mutant by Dr. Schabbs:

stfmutant.png.f21f725d0ced0ff4dde11f32da06be1f.png

And some "waiting" mugshots. I don't even know if they're used or not.

stfwaiting.png.7eae2ce559ea858d439ba80e22712677.pngstfwaiting2.png.e1b7b052c9c81328f693fdd0f05e6833.png

I like the waiting mugs! Can I use them?