Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

On 12/15/2017 at 3:25 PM, kb1 said:

Very cool! That would go well with the Christmas imp in a Christmas map!

By all means, go for it :)

All right, here are some sprites I put together:

ezgutXQ.png

From the Wolf O'Donnell player skin. This was my first time making a player skin so I was unfamiliar with Doom's color palette, and as a result the sprites came out more dark/grey than they originally appeared on this spritesheet here. I used an existing Star Fox-themed model set for Garry's Mod to get the perspectives and went from there. I found out later I'm not very good at making a believable walking animation...

QF4s5RX.png

Chip the Cookie Crisp mascot. Made this from scratch in MS Paint as inspired from Shadow of The Woolball's style of animation.

6i6j4XN.png

Shadow Doom Marine skin - a simple edit inspired from Noob Saibot of Mortal Kombat and Shadow Jago in Killer Instinct Gold.

bv9JaOe.png

Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid. Also used Garry's Mod for perspective and it's more of the same kind of awkward animation.

BaQMPWG.png

Bill Rizer and Lance Bean from the Contra series (specifically their Contra III appearance). Only one frame mistake that slipped through - Lance's first death animation still has a red headband.

Edited by valkiriforce

Here's that Juno player skin I did a little while back - from the N64 game Jet Force Gemini.

6AN4VEV.png

His color palette appears differently in the player skin I released though, since these colors wouldn't translate well to Doom's palette. So I favored the green appearance so the player could change the colors of his appearance.

WIP girl hud face

G_HUD.png
Full set is here : 

Edited by Сhaingunner

I remembered that I did some edits of an alien marine the past year, from Alien Breed 3D:
I tried to make it less cartoony by making the borders more blending .

(Left Original | Right Edited)

cp1.png.a0c65585ba488bc8271d0ffd543f73e1.png

cp2.png.bf9e5c63f2d02fbd0f93c1e5b1245776.png

On 11/13/2016 at 1:56 PM, scifista42 said:

Is that a Doom port or Quake in lo-res?

Edit: just noticed the title. It's quake. I need to sleep - can't read lol.

16 hours ago, Doom dude said:

made some broken keys to bamboozle players 

(trying to upload the sprites but failing)

Another way to make any sprite unpickupable is to put it into a pit and sink it down 8 or 16 units (I forget). Making the edges of the pit have no texture hides the pit. This works for sprites that already hover, like the orb shaped powerups. They'll still seem to be level with the floor. When the player walks over them they won't get picked up. You can raise the pit later on to make it pickupable.

Edit: obviously you need to make sure the pit is small enough to stop the player falling into it and picking up the powerup.

Edited by alowe

On 3/12/2018 at 5:06 PM, 00_Zombie_00 said:

Based on the unfinished hd sprites, made by thief666.

Add more details and complete the death animation, it is functional when used without rotating sprites

SARGA1L.pngSARGB1L.pngSARGC1L.pngSARGD1L.pngSARGE1L.pngSARGF1L.pngSARGG1L.pngSARGI0L.pngSARGJ0L.pngSARGK0.pngSARGL0L.pngSARGM0L.pngSARGN0L.png

Oh, please please add rotations!! That pinky is bad ass!

On 3/12/2018 at 3:06 PM, 00_Zombie_00 said:

Based on the unfinished hd sprites, made by thief666.

Add more details and complete the death animation, it is functional when used without rotating sprites

SARGA1L.pngSARGB1L.pngSARGC1L.pngSARGD1L.pngSARGE1L.pngSARGF1L.pngSARGG1L.pngSARGI0L.pngSARGJ0L.pngSARGK0.pngSARGL0L.pngSARGM0L.pngSARGN0L.png

That demon looks SO FUCKIN AWESOME! is that for Doom2? right at frame 6 when he's in the middle of the "chew execution phase" THAT'S when the double barrel shotgun literally gets jammed down his throat for an all out blood bath of disgusting chunks to be dispersed everywhere!

hand-demo.png.f5810fb92f22a7cfeb0f729bda2c0b57.png

Everyone's using the same hand sprites for their monster protagonist mods, so I thought I'd make mine stand out at least! Imps having three fingers and two toes might have been a thing just to make the small sprites look better, but I decided to commit to it. The five sprites above are what I'll use for a chargeable fireball attack, though this is far from a finished animation...

I guess my marine-kicking simulator might develop into a real thing!

Resized HK to tests. Maybe you like to use it, so here we are:

BOS2B7D3.png.a3a15b0add10e569610f0fdcc841e10d.png

Edited by Teder

On 3/11/2018 at 12:27 PM, 00_Zombie_00 said:

Melee revenant

this looks excellent :D are these free to use with credit? do you have these available as a .wad file?

7 hours ago, Tango said:

this looks excellent :D are these free to use with credit? do you have these available as a .wad file?

he is available on R667 site here.

Now that I know this thread exists, I'll have to dig up my Halloween and Christmas sprites to repost them.

I should also take requests.

For too long I've stayed in the easy side of sprite work and not the Doom end. I think a death animation would be the easiest to start on from where I'm at and work my way up.

22 minutes ago, Kristian Nebula said:

@Jaxxoon R can I use this for a hell-themed map project? :)

All of the textures posted here are for open use, just credit the people who made them.

8 minutes ago, AbsorbedHatch said:

All of the textures posted here are for open use, just credit the people who made them.

Cool! Gonna give it a go then! :)

Wait, this is a sprites thread! I legitimately thought this was the "post your doom textures" thread. What I said still applies though, so it doesn't matter.