Tried an m231 firing port rifle

09m6dK8.png

its kinda small though will have to increase the size

MKdEhU6.png

There much better

Oh yeah credits to ravage id and JoeyTD

Edited by nue

LMnwBJ2.png
Originally I was using the 'Repair Tool' Marcos' vehicle pack, but uhh, the sprites for it are kinda raw, so I just redesigned it into a Plasma Torch-type system (inspired by Alien Isolation) by recolouring willuker's Welder UV shield (from his USCM armoury mod) and giving it a new muzzle flash.

Credits are a bit funny, I'm not certain if Toenail made the OG sprite, and Marcos made an edit of it (though that's debatable considering his history of using resources and not providing credits)

Would be useful for Chainsaw-replacers, or a "tool/key/weapon" hybrid that you could use to open certain doors (welding/repairing, etc) that deals bonus damage vs robots or something.

I have a bunch of projects I'm working on right now... and this is NOT one of them. Gotta love procrastination-induced creativity.

cat4.png.eb7f0dfd52d36c59389164cb856250f9.png

(a standing frame of an enemy from Rise of the Wool Ball with added rotations)

That's the one! Can't remember how/where I found it, but it's opened up a whole new world for me since I got it.

I think next I'd like to try to reanimate the Lost Soul with super smooth flame effects.

Can't wait to see more of your stuff. That already looks super promising. I want to incorporate this tool into my workflow as well. Has this sort of neat pixel style that ordinary blender particles sometimes lack. Even though those are also particles, heh.

More Angel sprites concepts

Pistol Doll: (Hatless, Dutch hat, wielding pistol). An angelic doll wielding a handgun. It's a normal sized handgun and far too big for her.

PDoll.jpg.274d4be4e283e4b1a62e919d571c167a.jpg

Ophanim: A many eyed angel that rides on a burning wheel. Homage to the Cacodemon.

Ophanim.png.511279e46f24bbacd6b17965e3fd61b2.png

Currently working on the 8 base poses for the Doll. The Ophanim needs alot of work, especially the wheel and eye rings.

Here are a couple of monsters that I have modified, but I done a whole new DECORATE and GLDEFS files for each of them so their behaviour and attacks are different from the originals. Modified Chaingunner and modified Baron. Neither of these f*** around. They are stronger, faster and more deadly. 

CChaingunner.png

PBaron.png

On 4/7/2020 at 9:00 PM, Gifty said:

Using a pixel-art particle designer I made this neat torch animation in about 30 minutes. It's even Doom palette and proper pixel size! Neato! I'm excited to try some other effects.

RTCH_10.gif

The flame is broader, but apart from that I was sure it's the original torch.

5 hours ago, Gifty said:

The teleport is ready, Dr. Carmack...

9L1FKUE.gif

(Also, WIP lost soul remaster:)

r8DqruT.gif

Is this for smooth doom? and aniway, what are your future plans for smooth doom?

5 hours ago, WARDUST said:

finally, this for SmoothDoom and the Randomizer:

BOS3A8C2.pngBOS3B1D1.pngBOS3B4D6.pngBOS4B1D1.pngBOS4B4D6.pngBRU2A2.pngBRUSA1.pngPYROB2D8.png

ASGZC2C8.pngCPOSA2.pngMPOSA2A8.pngPSSSa1.pngSARRa1.pngSIV1a1.pngSIV2b1.pngZHRTD2D8.pngZIV2a1.pngZMAYA3A7.pngZMV1A1.png

DIMPA1.pngDRKIA1.pngDRKVA1.pngVULGF2.png

FCACD1.pngHECTA1.png

MAUDF2.pngPSARE2.pngSAR2A1.pngSAR3E2.pngSRG2D2B8.png

These are some fine looking sprites! Are they open for use? I'd love to have a closer look.