TTHOA0.png

TTHOB0.png

TTHOD0.png

TTHOE0.png

TTHOF0.png

TTHOG0.png

facotry t800.png

THNDA0.png

the only sprite that isn't mine is the hand that's doing the karate chop, i colored over it to make it chrome then i took a second layer and started to erase it with a low opacity to give the "liquid metal" effect for the t1000

1 minute ago, ShortedOutFuse said:

Those terminator sprites look awesome! how has a T1000 never been playable before (to my knowledge), that would be rad as hell!

i made at t1000 player class

1 minute ago, SkeletronMK666 said:

i made at t1000 player class

Looks good, I must have missed that thread but I'll definitely give it a shot

9 hours ago, ShortedOutFuse said:

I'm too lazy to include every frame of animation in this picture so here's a random assortment of sprites for monsters, weapons and other stuff I made for my mod/game/whatever-you-want-to-call-it "Backwoods"

Holy Moly! Your sprites are amazing! Really love the Frankenstein soldiers.

8 hours ago, RomDump said:

Holy Moly! Your sprites are amazing! Really love the Frankenstein soldiers.

Thanks!  The Frankenstein soldiers are a costume for the pistol dudes, they get a different costume for each themed level

This looks so awesome, did you build an actual model for this? It looks like a photograph.

DAMN, that's one of the coolest things I've seen in the Doom community. I'm kind of shocked that in 20+ years, ID's original process for creating new monsters hasn't been replicated more (if ever).

Edited by Gifty

17 minutes ago, Gifty said:

DAMN, that's one of the coolest things I've seen in the Doom community. I'm kind of shocked that in 20+ years, ID's original process for creating new monsters hasn't been replicated more (if ever).

If you haven't played Harmony yet, check it out. TV used a very similar process for creating the monsters, iirc. But yeah, it's really cool to see someone replicating the style again. That looks awesome, @Nootrac4571.

Damn, that is some fine work! I did some scale modelling back then, but never sculpting. Should give this a try as well some day.

7 hours ago, elend said:

Damn, that is some fine work! I did some scale modelling back then, but never sculpting. Should give this a try as well some day.

Do it, man! It's something I wanted to do for ages, and it turned out all it cost was around £20 in a craft shop and a fun weekend.

Then I put it on a shelf and did nothing for a year, but that's on me.

4 minutes ago, Nootrac4571 said:

Do it, man! It's something I wanted to do for ages, and it turned out all it cost was around £20 in a craft shop and a fun weekend.

Then I put it on a shelf and did nothing for a year, but that's on me.

Out of curiosity, what materials did you end up getting with that £20? Did you use any toy parts to make the monster? This is something I'd LOVE to try.

3 minutes ago, Gifty said:

Out of curiosity, what materials did you end up getting with that £20? Did you use any toy parts to make the monster? This is something I'd LOVE to try.

I'll go into this in more detail later, but basically:

a pack of air-drying clay

a bag of polystyrene balls (just used one)

a bag of thin wooden sticks

a spool of fairly stiff modelling wire

a box of really cheap crappy acrylic paints

then also a couple of plastic tubes I found lying around the house: An empty chap-stick tube and the centre of a till receipt roll.

To be fair I also used a glue gun, hacksaw, paintbrush and some clay modelling tools which I already owned, but apart from the hacksaw they're all also very cheap.

I didn't use any toy parts, but I've since been collecting a little box of interesting plastic doodads ready for the next one.

Damn, so you molded the head yourself. Impressive, thanks for the info!

On 6/1/2020 at 1:53 AM, Nootrac4571 said:

Still working on this:

cyclops-rotation-test-02-x2.gif.c8c77d98dcd8afd99324e714657defa1.gif

Colours aren't 100% there yet, and there's a ton of animating to do.

big thumbs up. looks like one of these combine things.

@GJC I know you have a lot of sprites to share, but could you put them into one post instead of making 3 seperate posts.

3 hours ago, GJC said:

Thanks Pirx, I considered the Mancubus thing since you mentioned it and got to work. However, I would like to make some from scratch closer to the originals. Sorry if that is a problem LiT_gam3r, is there a reason for this? I have been making them a bit spontaneously so that is why they are sporadically posted.

you could get a warning point for it. you could edit the post and add all that cool stuff.

Working prototype of the Kiss attack animation. Still needs alot of clean-up and some of the frames are flipped (Most of the legs are backwards). Overall, it's more fan-servicey than I had planned, but I just went with it.

Kiss-attack-animation-2.gif

I don't know if there's gonna be much demand for any more Spaceballs-themed WADs, but people might get some use out of these sprites. They've got some inconsistencies here and there, but overall I'm pretty proud of myself for knocking these out plus 2 maps and various other graphical elements for last month's DBP. Like all my stuff, these are totally free to use but I'll make fun of you if you don't credit! ;)

XERSYev.gif

Spaceball

Spoiler

L4GAb4a.png

(Sources: vertigo for the base sprites, Dark Forces stormtrooper, Doom zombieman)

JzoUWGq.gif

Spaceball Trooper

Spoiler

NoO95FF.png

(Sources: vertigo for the base sprites, Dark Forces stormtrooper, Doom zombieman)

Rd12a9Q.png

Spaceball in Tank

Spoiler

9DG3aMJ.png

(Sources: vertigo for the base sprites, Dark Forces stormtrooper, Doom zombieman+explosion, DN3D for da tank)