Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

hrYJmxl.png

Project Brutality keep getting better. And main man have been honored to join them.

Working on something really special.

On 1/11/2021 at 12:45 PM, Cherno said:

Locust Drone from Gears of War 1

2x resolution.

idleu3jau.gifwalk_missilewikf1.gifrun5vkpy.gif

I have created a complete pk3 file ready to be loaded with GZDoom. It includes a complete replacement for the Zombieman for testing purposes: Custom behavior, attacking while moving, gibs, and also sounds for all actions.

All my sprites can be found here:
Cherno's Sprites

hey that's a nice zombie variant

On 1/15/2021 at 12:50 AM, Nootrac4571 said:

I've had a go at improving the Pain Elemental - I've always thought it's the unloved stepchild of Doom monsters; a frankensteined mashup of various other Doom sprites with the worst animation of any monster.

Love this, buttery smooth compared to the original, I especially like the death animation. Great work. 

The pain elemental is one of my favourite demons (top close 3 in no order: Elemental, Tron, Revenant, they are the spookiest for me which I like).

I've finally learnt how to edit actual sprites using Paint. 

Here is the first edit I'm doing. I've removed the legs from the Demolisher (found on R667) and added the jet engines from the Arachnophyte (also found on R667) and come up with a flying Demolisher. Gonna take a while but worth it once I've finished and got a new monster variant to use in my mod. Obviously, the credit goes to those who originally created the sprites. All I've done is basically put two monsters together to get a new one. 

Screenshot_2a.png

Screenshot_1a.png

Screenshot_3a.png

Finished my flying Demolisher, which I am calling it 'Commander' in my mod. Now for another one. An Annihilator with it's legs removed and it's torso placed on the Arachnophyte's mechanical flying machine. Here's the first sprite. Wish me luck with rest lol. Again, credit to those made the sprites for the Annihilator and the Arachnophyte.

New Monster.png

Edited by Mad Dal 85

6 hours ago, Stopsignal said:

IRu7Lyu.pngBWk4tEV.png
H4W5erY.pngPksz8ap.png
pgJ7APG.pngj5HepxV.png
JaqNTuQ.png4uYyttk.png
pCGOcCU.pngoxdGPxC.png

highly important work being done here

edit: using the pistol from the shooting satyr spritesheet, which is from the pistol zombieman, can't find the credit

Daisy's revenge! : D

17 hours ago, Stopsignal said:

IRu7Lyu.pngBWk4tEV.png
H4W5erY.pngPksz8ap.png
pgJ7APG.pngj5HepxV.png
JaqNTuQ.png4uYyttk.png
pCGOcCU.pngoxdGPxC.png

highly important work being done here

edit: using the pistol from the shooting satyr spritesheet, which is from the pistol zombieman, can't find the credit

Watership Down II looks lit

Currently doing a sprite edit of this revolver (I'm not sure who made it but I took the sprites from Russian Overkill) to make it big and menacing but only holds four oversized rounds as a caveat to it's high stopping power. It's based on Hellboy's Revolver from the movie.

First time posting some sprite edits, I'm going to use these for a project of mine in the far future (I work really slowly)

Idle Hammer Down.png

Open2 Full.png

On 25/01/2021 at 2:41 PM, Krull said:

This already exists, see attached (source/credits unknown).

flying demolisher.rar

I never knew it did exist. I did the work myself with this one because of the lack of Spider Mastermind variants available. I found the Demolisher and Arachnophyte on Realm667 and mixed them together. I've noticed there are quite a few monsters that don't have many variants available, hence why I've been making some of my own using what resources are publicly available online but the credit goes to those who made the original sprites I used to create new variants and monsters. Barons, Imps, Cacos, Zombies, Demons and Arachnotrons seem to have the most variants from what I can find available. Also been making new Archvile variants for my mod as R667 only have 3 available.

Edited by Mad Dal 85

Using the ElecPod (found on Realm667) I modded it to create two Inventory Items to help the player deal with groups of enemies. Ice Bomb (blue one) and Poison Bomb (green one.) Throw it and take it cover as it spews out multiple ice/poison clouds (whichever you use) to freeze your enemies or make them choke to death on poison. Does not work on any enemies that are immuned to ice or poison attacks.

I am willing to share them if anyone wants to have them in their mod.

IB.png

PB.png

Here is a spritesheet of Guts-themed mugshots I made and completely forgot about. I was originally planning on making a fully Berserk themed WAD with a new arsenal and mechanics but I have zero experience with that!

BERSERK-mugshots-Sheet-export.png.0967e205acfa5f1818723ef4b62d97aa.png

Edited by Thorogrimm

I followed Stopsignal's tutorial (which is pretty helpful and y'all should check out if you have trouble making monsters) and I managed to make this bat thing that once I finish all the frames and rotations I'll be using in a project I'm working on with some friends, but I thought it was cool enough so far to share and maybe get some feedback on, and if the project is fully completed I'll probably release any custom sprites for general use

BATTA0.png.f055d9ec1e2a92497164dd5bb3a59b9e.pngBATTB0.png.6aa77134b82cc04bb142adf2778ad923.pngBATTC0.png.843121bc244bb0e2fe9df05c228b1a99.pngBATTD0.png.9c4e96f291532bd0dca18b2e235d5f6b.png

Hello, how do you make your sprites? Are they hand drawn or digitized via editor? I want to do something. Never done it before. I do have aseprite and I'm not horrible with spriting, so should I try to draw them or go for digitized models? I'm familiar with spritesheet workflow on aseprite, but not on digitized models. I'd like to know what's customary with the community when going about it.

30 minutes ago, Samuel Slayer said:

Hello, how do you make your sprites? Are they hand drawn or digitized via editor? I want to do something. Never done it before. I do have aseprite and I'm not horrible with spriting, so should I try to draw them or go for digitized models? I'm familiar with spritesheet workflow on aseprite, but not on digitized models. I'd like to know what's customary with the community when going about it.

I'd say it just depends on what your comfortable with.  If you're already decent at drawing sprites then I say that's awesome and you should stick with that, or at least you shouldn't feel obligated to digitize models or do 3D modeling or anything if you don't want to.

9 minutes ago, StupidBunny said:

I'd say it just depends on what your comfortable with.  If you're already decent at drawing sprites then I say that's awesome and you should stick with that, or at least you shouldn't feel obligated to digitize models or do 3D modeling or anything if you don't want to.

Okay, thanks! Will do.

On 1/7/2021 at 2:14 PM, HQDefault said:

Hey guys I wanted to get your opinion on something

I like the actual animation of the Super Shotgun here, but I'm worried it's a bit too obvious I used a modified force a nature from TF2 as a base.

If so, is there any minor modifications I could make to the sprite work to make it less obvious, or should I just start over?

dS0EnC1.gif

I honestly didn't notice until i read the whole comment, it looks amazing!