Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

On 1/19/2021 at 11:41 PM, LoneAlpha2401 said:

A quick concept for a Doom 64 hud face

aoL9oDu.png

xMMEbpe.png

Damn, that's cool. I was actually considering starting a Doom64 guy mugshot as well.

On 1/28/2021 at 2:22 PM, EndHack said:

I followed Stopsignal's tutorial (which is pretty helpful and y'all should check out if you have trouble making monsters) and I managed to make this bat thing that once I finish all the frames and rotations I'll be using in a project I'm working on with some friends, but I thought it was cool enough so far to share and maybe get some feedback on, and if the project is fully completed I'll probably release any custom sprites for general use

BATTA0.png.f055d9ec1e2a92497164dd5bb3a59b9e.pngBATTB0.png.6aa77134b82cc04bb142adf2778ad923.pngBATTC0.png.843121bc244bb0e2fe9df05c228b1a99.pngBATTD0.png.9c4e96f291532bd0dca18b2e235d5f6b.png

Yes!! I wish my first spriting projects looked as good. Keep at it, you seem to have a knack for it already 👉👉

On 1/20/2021 at 11:35 PM, Stopsignal said:

IRu7Lyu.pngBWk4tEV.png
H4W5erY.pngPksz8ap.png
pgJ7APG.pngj5HepxV.png
JaqNTuQ.png4uYyttk.png
pCGOcCU.pngoxdGPxC.png

highly important work being done here

edit: using the pistol from the shooting satyr spritesheet, which is from the pistol zombieman, can't find the credit

jazz.png.2d5c4cb956955d825bf1529d7ccbf426.png

On 2/7/2021 at 1:18 PM, Stopsignal said:

Yes!! I wish my first spriting projects looked as good. Keep at it, you seem to have a knack for it already 👉👉

thanks

Here's all the noteworthy (And ones I consider good enough.) sprites that I've made on my own, they are all originally intended for ZDoom as you can expect.

Here's 2 ammo sprites, the first is for a pistol magazine, and the second is for an Uzi magazine, not exactly modelled after the real thing though, because IRL they are just long dark rectangles.

wGIgJ2R.png fYeg3GR.png

And here's two other random sprites of mine, of a silver key for one of my maps and of a soda can:

1FddkmY.png 26oBlWg.png

And now for the actual sprite sheets I've made, starting with this tech lamp voxel model I made with a full 8 rotations.

gtRac1F.png TumOQjk.png 345UIOb.png FqB4oB5.png LbfkHkm.png InadlQL.png 3j6LJTx.png KBJyCGp.png

The sprite sheet for an aircraft enemy/miniboss, one of the first voxel models and sprites I made, however this specific sprite sheet is better made than the original one that I had made over a year ago of the same model.

vAy1RvJ.png 66ENI2F.png ZfFNpn4.png cLrRYif.png 5ZLe3VJ.png J9Rxyvn.png rjMEZlU.png Mn3StQI.png

And now it's time for my favorite and best that I've made so far (IMO) sprites.

A few months ago I made a voxel model of the NOP-03 Sarubia from Metal Slug. Here is a screenshot of the model I made in MagicaVoxel. And here is the sprite sheet:

F7yJXzb.png cYrKppv.png ghozLQv.png gFaJzrS.png tsiiOtA.png b7kqDFh.png ytPFfpA.png BDKk5rk.png

Here's the extra sprite sheets of the Sarubia, of a destroyed version of it and of the rolling ball mines/bombs it launches.

Destroyed Sarubia:
jEdvS3k.png U3YQ9d4.png IYqxfmI.png z2vLwIs.png i3Az3ug.png l7dZjmg.png ybDffQD.png BLso4xq.png

Rollermines (Only one angle, but the sprite is actually animated.):
OqrR3Ri.png mG8XyFo.png Qau1zEl.png BMot99O.png

And for last, my most recent sprite sheet(s) as of the time I'm making this post, 2 sprite sheets for some (Almost*) working armor and health chargers I made, along with brightmaps made for both the armor and health charger to use. And yes they are obviously inspired/based on the HEV chargers from Half-Life.

The health charger:

vJfqNMx.png rMRT4Lu.png NNbv5As.png ixheybO.png Y3FHOMS.png cvyI719.png 1bqC1KA.png Ac0sbd5.png

The armor charger:

JiQQoBz.png NPRSqzQ.png ObFjh1E.png h2DnsWH.png QNWRZg3.png 24NbMAT.png LpptW1N.png CiJLepB.png

And at last, the brightmaps for both of them:

4VSfdyj.png FeYZDfx.png vpyg84J.png XTEEk1z.png dVsxGJg.png Y7eYJs5.png p3JSyS6.png N7ZCKAl.png

In case you are wondering how the chargers even work in-game, they are set to be flat sprites (AKA they are rendered as literal 2D images, they don't face the player or anything of that sort, like decals or textures.) and you put them right next to walls in the editor, similar to Half-Life's HEV chargers, like this:

Spoiler

ZDw5nK8.png

Anyway that's all I think, this post took me literally an hour to make due to Doomworld currently competing with my PC for which one is the slowest.

*The health charger works just as intended, the armor one on the other hand doesn't because armor works differently from health in (GZ)Doom and I can't figure how to get it to work properly.

Edited by inkoalawetrust

Sweet status bar! with a clean, elegant and unique design. I dig the tilted labels too, though the inner sides of the H's should've been at least slightly slanted too to be consistent with the neighboring E and T.

These ain't my monsters, just edits that I have done for my Randomiser Mod, credit for the sprites used go to their creators.

Here are 3 different classes/types of monsters that will give you a challenge in my mod.

First up, the 'Crazy' monsters (Baron pictured for their colour) These ones are like their name suggest, crazy! They move so fast that they leave projections of themselves behind, they have double the health of their original counterpart and they also have multiple attacks that deals damage! Not difficult to beat but their movement speed is what will be more annoying about them. Also immuned/protected against some types of attack. Heavy weapons like BFGs and other heavy duty weapons works best against these.

Second up, the 'Doomsday' monsters (Caco pictured for their colour) these monsters have 5 times the health and twice the speed of their original counterpart and all have green projectiles. They are also bigger too (scale 1.3) Not the toughest but they are immuned/protected against certain types of attacks. Machine guns and shotguns work best against these ones.

Third up, the 'dark realm' monsters. F*ck these guys are (at the moment) the toughest yet! (Archvile pictured for their colour) These ones have 10 times the amount of health and are nearly 3 times faster than their original counterpart, plus they have a 50% chance of teleporting when injured and have a high defense against a huge variety of attacks and can rip you apart in an instant with their melee attacks. They do drop some very good inventory items and powerups but the drop rate is under 50%. Heavy weapons like BFGs and also shotguns works best against the dark realm monsters. Melee attacks works well too but I wouldn't advise it though.

I have increased the damage that some weapons do in my mod to help balance out the gameplay when you're up against these tough monsters.

CBaron.png

DDCaco.png

DVile.png

Edited by Mad Dal 85

Hey has anyone ever done a sprite of a Mancubus but with all the cybernetic implants removed--no flamethrowers, cables, or backpack, just a big fleshy fat guy?  I checked the Realm667 bestiary and didn't see any such thing.  If it exists and I have permission I might use it as a base for a sprite of my own.

8 hours ago, StupidBunny said:

Hey has anyone ever done a sprite of a Mancubus but with all the cybernetic implants removed--no flamethrowers, cables, or backpack, just a big fleshy fat guy?  I checked the Realm667 bestiary and didn't see any such thing.  If it exists and I have permission I might use it as a base for a sprite of my own.

I've been looking for a Mancubus with chainguns attached instead of his flamethrowers, and I'm still a novice when it comes editing sprites so that will take me a while to do. A Mancubus without the flamethrowers and that sounds cool, but what attacks will it have?

Missed me? good. Because I brought to you this:
5VzK7Ir.png

Yes, new flashlight, for your spooky needs.
Even FIREBLU edition included, WHAAAAAAAAAA~?!

4 hours ago, Mad Dal 85 said:

I've been looking for a Mancubus with chainguns attached instead of his flamethrowers, and I'm still a novice when it comes editing sprites so that will take me a while to do. A Mancubus without the flamethrowers and that sounds cool, but what attacks will it have?

Well I want it to have bare arms because I will take a crack at drawing on a cannon...elsewhere. It’ll be awesome, trust me. But I thought if I could skip the step of trying to edit out the flamethrowers and draw on arms/gloves, I might as well see if anyone more experienced and talented has done that already.  

EDIT: @Scypek2 you are brilliance this will be a great place to start!

5 minutes ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Download appears to be dead.

That sucks. Fortunately I had it downloaded!

VaF_v4.zip

This may not be the final version, but it's the same one as shown in the video!

On 2/12/2021 at 7:04 PM, FerrFerr said:

I like those health/armor chargers!

Well, why not, I posted this on the zdoom sprite thread so here it goes too, tried to do a status bar, face included too, I'll show the full spritesheet when all the faces are done.

Status Bar attempt.PNG

dude looks like connery in that zardoz movie. intentional?  ;)

I have a question: has anyone ever made rotational sprites for the Doom II monsters? My OCD can't stand dead demons having only 1 rotational sprite.

I think people have done it. The problem is that with sprites, it doesn't look particularly good. Especially in slaughter maps or areas with a high concentration of corpses.

I used @jval's excellent Procedural Tree Generator (link here) and created a whole bunch of trees for my forest level. So far I have made 14 of them into sprites and am planning to make a whole bunch more with different colours for variety.

The 14 trees are lined up in the back, true size. I have the same 14 trees in front of them resized to about 30%, with a bunch of pinkies for scale.

Screenshot_Doom_20210224_220818.jpg.0ee68a7fc095a37b9d0456d4cf02cdf4.jpg

One more screenshot closer up, and one from my work in progress wad where I use the trees together with other Doom and Hexen trees:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210224_220857.jpg.84f6cdfd7245dd12b42682b1b98ef3b2.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20210224_220947.jpg.c700d75b0ece663e74f1abad6df167be.jpg

1 hour ago, apollyon094 said:

I have a question: has anyone ever made rotational sprites for the Doom II monsters? My OCD can't stand dead demons having only 1 rotational sprite.

Rotations for static objects look weird. For animated objects, the jump from one angle to another is "hidden" by the movement, so it looks natural enough, withi the lo-fi constraints of the game. But with corpses, it's jarring.

Completed flight cycle of the Dollmaykr (Angelic Arch-vile). I wanted her body to have a rigid appearance while her hair, clothes and wings flow with energy. 

DollMaykr_walkcycle_small.gif

DollMaykr_walkcycle_Big.gif