Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

4 hours ago, HavoX said:

That's not too bad, but you should consider adding a proper muzzle flash. Observe:

GLKGB0.png.ed2f97cec001e351af856068c0edc605.png

As you can see, I've been practicing doing muzzle flashes via @Scuba Steve's tutorial on how to make them (I used GIMP*), but recently I wanted to give the guns a glow; then I remembered zrrion's tutorial on how it can be done. You need to follow the instructions carefully though.

*A note on this. GIMP does not have a Crystalize filter. Instead, I used the Cubism filter and set the Tile size to 2.

I'll gladly look the tutorial up thank you!

11 hours ago, Ganbare-Lucifer said:

Frankenstein's Monster

Those are awesome!

Would I have permission to perhaps use those in a future project (with you being credited, of course)?

1 hour ago, obake said:

Those are awesome!

Would I have permission to perhaps use those in a future project (with you being credited, of course)?

Sure, I have no problems, through it would be best to tweak the Franken a bit, the angle sizes are few wrong I think

6 hours ago, dotQLL said:

Alternate Spiderdemon death based off of the Neural 2x Arachnotron death.

*snip*

Ah, clever!

Now all we need now is an alternate Spiderdemon death sound.

1 hour ago, user76828904 said:

Cool. Is that for a Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion TC?

Nah, I just wanted to make sprites for the classical monsters in Doom, but would be neat to see that.

The ones I did so far are the Vampire, Werewolf and the Frankenstein's Monster.

18 hours ago, Captain Toenail said:

Candlesticks and marble columns.

Doom_Candlesticks.png

TallMarbleColumns.png

Single candles and table candelabra?! Damn. Guess I'll roll back my own sprite replacement. Well, at least for my own maps.

Same with columns. Those are too good to not use in a classical Doom maps. As always - thank you!

13 hours ago, user76828904 said:

Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion

Ooohhh, somebody still remember this?! The deaths in that game scared me much more than anything in Doom, though, of course, I played Doom later than Dave. (though, to be honest, I was pretty much scaredycat when it comes to horror genre. Still is, to a degree)

10 hours ago, user76828904 said:

@Ganbare-Lucifer I guess the sprites of mummy and the creature of the Black Lagoon are on the works?
Excuse me, I'm a noob. If I want to use your Frankenstein monster sprites, how I ask you for permission? Thanks.

Just use them! As long as you credit me!

Ooh yeah I forget about the revolver, welp for the time being here it is. 

Why is there no hands and reload? Still under editing due to hands are a pain to make but for now it is here per sé.

Enjoy folks! Also massive thanks to Potetobloke and YukesVonFaust.

Untitled246_20211225025020.png

15 minutes ago, user76828904 said:

I hope someone can make a TC about Dangerous Dave in the Haunted Mansion. I don't know about intellectual property issues. Maybe it can be called "Risky David and the Spooky House".

Well, I remember there being some unofficial, amateur Russian attempt at remaking DD game on a more modern engine years ago, but as far as I know, it wasn't finished.