Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

10 minutes ago, ChestedArmor said:

Oh boy they look great!

If I knew or could be bothered to program and actual monster out of it, I would!

My own coding is also spotty.
Got the essentials of Decorate down, but the insane stuff is beyond me. I'm still at the 'scavenger smashing works of art with a rock to figure out how they work' stage of self teaching.

17 hours ago, Desfar said:

My own coding is also spotty.
Got the essentials of Decorate down, but the insane stuff is beyond me. I'm still at the 'scavenger smashing works of art with a rock to figure out how they work' stage of self teaching.

same

I made minor edits to the nitro container from HacX (from top to below, the below is the edited one.)

BAR1A0.png

BAR1A0Edit.png

On 5/24/2022 at 3:42 PM, osjclatchford said:

"Victims... arent we all..."

file.php?id=43763&mode=view

credits to Monolith, Id Software, DNF2013, Craneo and of course, me!

yes some of you may remember that I released a version of these on the zdoom forums some time ago.

twas based on the dnf2013 sprites that were in turn based on the blood innocents.

it was a bit of a rush but it did the job rather well.

A little while later, craneo took them and attempted to clean them up and doomify them a bit.
He did a grand job, especially with the cleanup but I felt the faces he chose, although a vast improvement on mine, looked a little odd.

So out of the blue, I've decided to revisit these today and managed to doomify them even more!

I used his cleanup as a base and a lot of work to the heads meant that they now fit in with their undead zombieman/shotgunguy brothers in-game... well, visually anyhow, they spend most of their time running away from them in terror! LOL

plus they look great in citymaps
file.php?id=43764&mode=view
Also I suggest using them with blood's innocent sounds. they surprisingly fit in nicely as living decorations now...

By the way, I'd love to see an edit of this with a labcoat on but I'm buggered if I can manage it.

If anyone' up to the task please do so! 

this is such a great idea! ill work on those labcoats if you arent already working on them

4 hours ago, Tyler-J said:

this is such a great idea! ill work on those labcoats if you arent already working on them

well, I've not began as yet and as such I'll be eagerly awaiting your labcoat versions!

but justs an FYI, theres been some more work done by other folks on the zdoom forums:

file.php?id=43797&mode=view

standing, walking and jump/crouch frames by Bjecinst and DeeDeeOZ.

the thinking was that they'd start wandering around and standing and all that, then run around panicing if alerted or attacked or whathaveyou...

however I'm only really interested in the frames I've done already for labcoat conversions as I'd like them to be in panic from the get-go.

but I thought I'd share those new pics jsut in case you're interested...

43 minutes ago, osjclatchford said:

well, I've not began as yet and as such I'll be eagerly awaiting your labcoat versions!

but justs an FYI, theres been some more work done by other folks on the zdoom forums:

file.php?id=43797&mode=view

standing, walking and jump/crouch frames by Bjecinst and DeeDeeOZ.

the thinking was that they'd start wandering around and standing and all that, then run around panicing if alerted or attacked or whathaveyou...

however I'm only really interested in the frames I've done already for labcoat conversions as I'd like them to be in panic from the get-go.

but I thought I'd share those new pics jsut in case you're interested...

Wow that's awesome! great work, I'll definitely try make something authentic maybe a new looking npc with a moustache slightly larger in frame and a default lab coat version. or possibly make a female that attacks back with a little pistol if fired on lol, anyways thanks for the reply and the sprite sheet

What free Software you use for create spirite? I want to change existing spirit specific color. Like colourise all but dont change specific color - example change cyber brown skin but no red cables.

8 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

What free Software you use for create spirite? I want to change existing spirit specific color. Like colourise all but dont change specific color - example change cyber brown skin but no red cables.

slade is your friend for this.

but, just FYI:

https://softfamous.com/paint-xp/ - xp's version of mspaintfor cut/shut and pixel punching.

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/ - gimp, a free alternative to photoshop for fancy effects and transparencies

https://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads - slade for porting to doom's pallette (including transparent background) and sprite positions and all that jazz.

this is my toolkit I'd never be without.
most of my work is done in mspaint but I do use gimp for rescaling and translucent effects. also its great for colour-mapping and induvidual tools like burn/dodge and blur/nudge effects.
can also do rudimentry tiling effects too.

MeV5ifn.png
Using Neoworm Fire Axe as a base. I disdain most Sledgehammer sprites in the community, either the SH is too ugly, the animations don't really worth for Doom (or make sense) or it's just not rendered/made right.

Edited by XLightningStormL

11 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

I want to change existing spirit specific color. Like colourise all but dont change specific color - example change cyber brown skin but no red cables.

SLADE lets you do that kind of things relatively quickly.

72MRrpg.png

GdwpHCO.png

Though you will still have to do double-checking and triple checking that the ranges you choose work well for all relevant sprites, and you will probably have to do some touchups for frames where the colors change (lighting effect from firing frames, blood from pain and death frames, this kind of stuff), or where the remap is less effective. For example here you can see the reflections on the cybie's metal parts are not very convincing with the blue recolor, because that color is too deep and saturated to blend as naturally as the green recolor or the original brown color do. It ends up looking more like artifacts than like metallic reflections.

8 hours ago, XLightningStormL said:

MeV5ifn.png

Could make a nice base for a DE Argent Hammer as well.  The only sprite I've seen for it looks pretty janky, and those axe animations would be perfect for it.

almost done my pre render of a " carbine" name pending..   plan on making the grip thinner. and adding more details likes small screws, I should have time to finish it later and get it resized, digitized and shooting tonight😎uac_carbine_2022-05-30-23_30-14.png.8710dea2915aadf61a40817b4e605f27.pnguac_carbine_2022-05-30-23_30-15.png.319251b6c0831119921a244c1eb32bb3.png

Edited by Tyler-J

On 5/29/2022 at 10:18 AM, gwain said:

I'm a big fan of the satyr monster on realm667 

image.png.fed898b396fbce60c064228cdd6920b4.png

so I made a custom death animation where its heart gets flinged out of its chest

looks alot better in game tho 

momomomomoo.gif

here is the link to the original satyr monster:

https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/beastiary-mainmenu-136/421-satyr

Looks cool, but I think the ark of the skull is a bit too high.

It's supposed to be the heart, you can see it "jumps" out of the chest, but it's oddly white... Should be gore red. I mean it's a heart, and the satyr is red-blooded. You tear it out, it's gonna be coated in blood.

It would be neat if it was a separate entity, and you could kick it around like the cultist heads in Blood!

2 hours ago, Gez said:

It's supposed to be the heart, you can see it "jumps" out of the chest, but it's oddly white... Should be gore red. I mean it's a heart, and the satyr is red-blooded. You tear it out, it's gonna be coated in blood.

Damn, you're right.

It is coming out of the chest.

2 hours ago, osjclatchford said:

ever wonder what they were mining for on the martian moons:
file.php?id=43813
file.php?id=43815

and heres a refined gem of it after processing:
file.php?id=43814

These are so cool! :O will you drop the sprite sheets in your zd thread?

4 hours ago, osjclatchford said:

file.php?id=43813
file.php?id=43815

file.php?id=43814

that's the best use of fire blue ever! i'm loving this. it would be perfect for secret caves

5 hours ago, osjclatchford said:

file.php?id=43813
file.php?id=43815

file.php?id=43814

i actually considered making crystals using FIREBLU and map geometry ala Q2's mine levels but these are much better!

Now all someone needs to do is make techy/hellish versions of that pedestal that you put the Heart of D'Sparil on in Hexen

3 hours ago, YouAreTheDemons said:

i actually considered making crystals using FIREBLU and map geometry ala Q2's mine levels but these are much better!

Now all someone needs to do is make techy/hellish versions of that pedestal that you put the Heart of D'Sparil on in Hexen

thanks for the kind words guys.

as for the spritesheets? its only a two frame gif so any online free extractor will get the frames for you...

quake2's mines were indeed my inspiration for these.

I figured that these alongside sector crystals in the map geometry would be a way of making the effect more pronnounced within the 'world' of the map.

In truth I think that sector ones and the smaller ones 'scattered' around them would be enough. Im not 100% on the big sprites I've done tbh...

But I did those first and then did the smaller ones.

I think the small ones and heart-of-dsparil versions are pretty good actually!

heres the pedestal:

crystalstand.png.8bd64052ef2b830282130a68e2ea2b4d.png

based on the hexen one and work from zirrion.

the gold I felt matched the candelabra from doom pretty well and with the green marble and the doom2 style dead dude it all fits in as it should...

On 6/1/2022 at 1:54 PM, osjclatchford said:

quake2's mines were indeed my inspiration for these.

I figured that these alongside sector crystals in the map geometry would be a way of making the effect more pronnounced within the 'world' of the map.

In truth I think that sector ones and the smaller ones 'scattered' around them would be enough. Im not 100% on the big sprites I've done tbh...

now all we'd need is something like quake 2s "chunks of crystal in rock wall" textures for fireblu and we're all set!

yes... but which rocks to put the seam in eh? so many to choose from?

anyway, decided to give this another go today:
OSJC-s-Slayer-s-Legacy-chaingun-v2-2.png 
the 'Slayer's Legacy' chaingun skin. v2.2

the best features of the chainguns that came before it. all in one mean package...
now with multiple barrels on the muzzle, all spinning, unlike before where it just had the fixed one like on doom64's CG. 
I think I decided I didn't like that in the end...

the frames are also scaled and shaped better in general...

again, its based off of eriances original black changun from an early demon eclipse beta...

Edited by osjclatchford

Worked on Player Sprites (So Dakki from Senkaiden Houshin Engi) for a modification I plan on working on.

Pp5DWmw.gif

I also tweeted about this earlier.