• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

11 hours ago, TommyGalano5 said:

Based Hell-Knight

GIF-220731_093116.gif

i really appreciated so much when people do some doom3 based sprites. its rare to see that little appreciation.

On 7/31/2022 at 5:21 AM, TommyGalano5 said:

Based Hell-Knight

GIF-220731_093116.gif

Oh man, please finish this. The Doom community has gone entirely too long without some good Doom 3 Hell Knight sprites.

2 minutes ago, Faceman2000 said:

Oh man, please finish this. The Doom community has gone entirely too long without some good Doom 3 Hell Knight sprites.

This, but PLEASE, take your time.

Trying make Ithagnal shader for Qcde  Gantlet pickup sprite i think is happened little bit cringy.

1554573829_16_20220803234632.png.39f7ff9849961f80b6e32e2f3c4a5348.png

Edited by Wad overdose

When I get bored in my cubicle, I have fun with frankenspriting.
Nothing groundbreaking, but he looks good.

KnightSprites.gif

1 hour ago, whatup876 said:

I don't think i've ever seen anyone used the Iron Lich as an head for something.

Im surprised.
It shrinks down really well, and adds some good character to the attack cycles.
Im likely gonna see this idea through and complete all 8 angles.

Bruiser.png

7 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Doing something special for PUSS XXII

those are weird. i think some sad or painful looking faces flying at you would give the map a surreal, nightmarish appearance.

16 minutes ago, Pirx said:

those are weird. i think some sad or painful looking faces flying at you would give the map a surreal, nightmarish appearance.

That's the plan! The wad this is for is intended to be a creepier/more atmospheric experience. You can kind of see it in the screenshots above, but I've edited the palette to desaturate and 'chill' the colors a smidgeon. The reds turn slightly pinkish/purple towards the darker end of the palette.

23 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I don't think i've ever seen anyone used the Iron Lich as an head for something.

Agree, that's novel.

1 hour ago, BluePineapple72 said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Doing something special for PUSS XXII

OH GOD, that's fucking haunting looking! I can't believe nobody's done this before.

When you finish them, can you upload a .gif demonstrating them? I bet these would be ultra gnarly with no sight sound and then just surprise charging at the player from out of an SP_FACE1 midtexture like that, that would be such a damn spooky trick to play on the player. (Maybe have one type which makes a wakeup sound for such a trap, and one which doesn't).

48 minutes ago, ChopBlock223 said:

Agree, that's novel.

OH GOD, that's fucking haunting looking! I can't believe nobody's done this before.

When you finish them, can you upload a .gif demonstrating them? I bet these would be ultra gnarly with no sight sound and then just surprise charging at the player from out of an SP_FACE1 midtexture like that, that would be such a damn spooky trick to play on the player. (Maybe have one type which makes a wakeup sound for such a trap, and one which doesn't).

Death/pain animations aren't finished, and I haven't made sounds for it yet. But here is my test video.

23 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

The Horror

Welp, not that i wanted to sleep today anyway.

I would be super tempted to give them a wall spawn state where they would pull themselves free of it, dissolving the wall into 4 or 5 of these.

4 minutes ago, Desfar said:

I would be super tempted to give them a wall spawn state where they would pull themselves free of it, dissolving the wall into 4 or 5 of these.

Since the project I'm making this for is shooting for limit removing I don't know if I'll end up doing this. But I have been thinking about a pain elemental that looks like those spiny mouth balls from dusk that behaves similar to what you described.

2 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

I was not expecting the Police Squad theme song.  Definitely takes the edge off the spookiness a bit!

47 minutes ago, ShallowB said:

I was not expecting the Police Squad theme song.  Definitely takes the edge off the spookiness a bit!

I was listening to the soundtrack of PUSS IV at the time lol. Thought it’d add some comedic effect