Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

7 minutes ago, BluePineapple72 said:

@Robo_Cola That's genius, holy shit

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Great idea, wrong topic though. You should repost it to texture thread.

Damn you're right, I always get these two threads mixed up.  I'll repost it shortly if a mod doesn't move it.
*My bad*

2 hours ago, jaeden said:

I tried to make this...

(Heretic palette colors)

bakasheet.png.a5798ac0c5216d455992e632297563c3.png

This is hilarious, and fitting for today.
An idea: since fairies infinitely resurrect so long as the concept they represent still exists, her blood could be power and point items.

Does anyone know where I could find an animation sheet of doom guy's hand grasping something with his palm facing the camera and pulling it towards him? Like a charging handle on the side of a weapon.

It'd be easier to steal it than make it from scratch lmao.

Like this?

BMGNA0.png.6c9f0759afa7350406268c5281a0fc6b.pngBMGNB0.png.0932ad8e754302586ca720dc920c15e7.pngBMGNC0.png.97d4b112e26a511db05ec24b8d5bb9ff.png

It's pretty crude, but it's only on screen for a brief moment during the select state, so I don't really mind.  

2 minutes ago, ShallowB said:

Like this?

BMGNA0.png.6c9f0759afa7350406268c5281a0fc6b.pngBMGNB0.png.0932ad8e754302586ca720dc920c15e7.pngBMGNC0.png.97d4b112e26a511db05ec24b8d5bb9ff.png

It's pretty crude, but it's only on screen for a brief moment during the select state, so I don't really mind.  

That's absolutely perfect! I can definitely work with this if you don't mind my taking it.

Yeah, go for it.  The hands are from a hands resource collection that's been floating around since at least 2009 that sadly doesn't credit who made the individual hands.  I think that one might have originally been from Scuba Steve's knife on R667 before I rotated it for the charging handle, but I can't be certain.

Actually, now that I think of it, R667 has Shadow Warrior punches with Doomguy gloves, including an uppercut.  That might be a good source for that kind of grip as well, and probably isn't as crunchy as mine.

14 hours ago, ShallowB said:

Yeah, go for it.  The hands are from a hands resource collection that's been floating around since at least 2009 that sadly doesn't credit who made the individual hands.  I think that one might have originally been from Scuba Steve's knife on R667 before I rotated it for the charging handle, but I can't be certain.

Actually, now that I think of it, R667 has Shadow Warrior punches with Doomguy gloves, including an uppercut.  That might be a good source for that kind of grip as well, and probably isn't as crunchy as mine.

Here's a video of it in action (towards the end)

And here's a shot of the sheet:

unknown.png

12 minutes ago, osjclatchford said:

Fith go at this and goddamn it I STILL cant get it to look right...
newimp-wip.png
whats is it thats making it look shit? I cant even tell anymore...

Might need a bit more contrast between light and shadow?

But also, the thinner you make it, the harder it will be to make it look natural. It's an inherent difficulty of pixel art -- the more pixels you have, the more detail you can present, so smaller shapes are harder to shade properly.

Any reason you can't use the Soul Harvester, Vulgar, Wraith, or Zombie Fodder from Realm667? Looking at all of those, it looks like they are actually a bit chonkier than the sprites you're working on, but they create the impression of emaciation by thinning selective details or by keeping most of the meat but showing ribs and other bone structures more clearly.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:19 AM, osjclatchford said:

Fith go at this and goddamn it I STILL cant get it to look right...
newimp-wip.png
whats is it thats making it look shit? I cant even tell anymore...

To me, i think the arms and legs need more motion in their first 2 frames. arms are too high up for a resting stance, and legs seem like they have barely any change
I love the look of it overall!
For my own thing, i have been recovering from a rough move and then a bug which had me down for a few days.
So here is a simple chain edit.
The real hook of this chain would be how you utilize it in Decorate or zscript, as giving it a resting inactive state would be the base, and then its active swing is triggered when a player walks into it. cue a chain jangle sound, and it would give alot of ambience to most maps.
ill have more flashy stuff as i keep getting my energy back.

Spoiler

ACTOR Chains : SwitchingDecoration 11805
{
  //$Category CityDec
  Radius 13
  Height 57
  Scale 0.5
  +SPAWNCEILING
  +NOGRAVITY
   Activation THINGSPEC_Activate
  +USESPECIAL 
  States
  {
  Spawn:
    PCHN A 3
    Loop
  ACTIVE:
    PCHN BCDEDCBAFGHIHGF 3
    PCHN ABCDCBAFGHGF 3
    PCHN ABCBAFGF 3
    PCHN ABAF 3
    GOTO SPAWN
  }
}

DaggerfallchainSwing.GIF.764023be4be2fead0b2448e8925c4dda.GIF

Edited by Desfar : Added Code

Work in progress to keep padding out the ranks of magic using enemies.
This big boy will need scaling, but the use of the armorless revenant sprites allows the lich to look more detailed while still keeping the doomy qualities.

Good.GIF

Looks pretty cool, good use of the beggar's worn out cloak from Strife.

For a lich he looks like he's down on his luck and about to beg for a passerby's "spare" soul.

On 8/30/2022 at 4:43 PM, Ganbare-Lucifer said:

Tried doing some Mummy sprites using Amuscaria's Zombie sprites, but got lazy to finish them up, feel free to complete them.

what still remains to be done here? it looks pretty well complete to me, but I must be missing something. great work btw :D

Yes, yes, replacing the sound is sacrilege, but I figured since this SSG received some sizable buffs, it fits.

On 9/12/2022 at 1:31 AM, Ganbare-Lucifer said:

So, now that I've mastered Palette Studio in Blender

The one by DietingHippo? i've been thinking of giving that a shot. (was wondering if there was any video tutorial)

SO after some inspiration from craneo  and amuscaria over on the zdoom forums I realised that the Imp I was doing was bad because it used the same colourscheme of the classic imp.

Its too alike in colour so that instead of looking like a thin imp, It just looks like a badly drawn one.

Also I forgot to mention in-post that its based off of amuscaria's vampyre monster from hellforged episode2.

anyway, craneo had an idea, and produced a one frame example, then I went with it:

OSJC-doom3-imp-WIP.png
heres the current WIP...

feel free to use or whatever. As I say, its made from the vampyre sprites for HF episode 2, part of the free-to-use stuff Amuscaria released a while back, so is ok to be used afaik, however if in doubt ask amuscaria first...