Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

FRPOF3F7.png

Got an idea for flamethrower zombie and started frankenspriting one out of freezethrower from Realm667 and ammo sprites from Strife. I'll need to do some coding to test this guy in the field.

Mostly finished x2res zombieman from a Blender sculpt. Almost time for texturing!

untitled.png

I had an idea for a mod I wanted to make, you and the monsters are kids and you play war. Weapons would be finger guns, super soakers, firecrackers, etc.

I started, but once I realized I needed a shit ton of sprites it suddenly seemed less fun...

Firecracker_kid.png

Sprite collage.png

new_kid.png

Edited by Doodle_Doomer : Added new spritesheet.

So like a total graphics noob (that I am) who just stumbled across Slade's translation brush, I decided to play around with translating the base-2 skin from Skulltag. The hitch, though, is that my wad currently uses the Zombie Marine from Realm667/MRW in place of the SS, but it may or may not end up making sense for its story to have zombified humans rather than regular ones. So I wanted to use something like this, but with the Zombie Marine's zombieman-style death drop rather than the marine-style one Skulltag used. Problem: the shoulder pads and boots were not present on such death drop sprites in any skin I'm aware of. So I tried to cobble it together in Photoshop. It's likely to be crap, but here's a few of the sprites anyway.

bluegraydemo.png

On 10/5/2022 at 2:02 PM, Gifty said:

Some kind of x2-res Imp sculpt I'm playing around with.

untitled.png

Much improved imp sculpt; previous version quoted for comparison. Body still needs a lot of work, but the face is feeling much better! Trying to mix the original Imp face with more of a Salem's Lot/gargoyley vibe so that he looks less like a cartoon gorilla. My overall hope with these is to get really good Blender models of all the monsters (mostly based as close as possible on the original puppets) which could be used to generate more detailed sprites, smoother animations, and even whole new behaviors or monster variants. The initial creation is a lot of work, but once a model is done you can render any number of frames at any resolution you want, without the hugely laborious gruntwork of Smooth Doom or a neural upscale. and there are ways of capturing them so that they essentially look like pixel art.

EDIT: further improved with fingers and a better face!

image.png.ca054e78631783004d8910d43803c154.png

Edited by Gifty

On 10/23/2022 at 9:31 AM, Doodle_Doomer said:

Updated Chip. I don't look forward to weapon rotation.

Chip_spritesheet_doom_version.png

I recommend keeping the EGA palette for consistency-sake

On 10/26/2022 at 10:18 PM, Lil_Ruff said:

Terrifier attempt. Just saw the movie the other day and wanted to see how a sprite might look.
DB7jg9x.png

Looks cool! I'd see a Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger sprites in Doom format.

Edited by DeathWolf1982

On 10/26/2022 at 10:18 PM, Lil_Ruff said:

Terrifier attempt. Just saw the movie the other day and wanted to see how a sprite might look.

Love the look of this guy. I will be watching to see if you follow through with the full sheet.
I would love to see a mod featuring all the horror classics.

On 10/27/2022 at 5:55 AM, Tsran908 said:

mech cacomental

Cacobotmental.png

cacobotmental.zip

holy caco. that thing looks like out of those old space scrollers.

Edited by Pirx

7 hours ago, Pirx said:

holy caco. that thing looks like out of those old space scrollers.

BEWARE!! I AM SINISTAR!!

JGTH Jason Voorhees, i used a zombie Scientist from Realm 667 as a base.

JGTH Jason.png

He has the Double bit axe from the game.

Version 2 with Eye rip.

JGTH Jason V2.png

Edited by DeathWolf1982

Question before I dig into the project too hard, are people interested in remixes and recolors of a selection of monsters from Deathkeep (Dnd game)? 
The sprites are a good base, though they tend to lack some dark tones, and all of  them only have forward facing attacks, and their deaths were just the sprites fading out when killed.

I'm still gathering forms of undead beasts so these are my next things to tinker with.

_3ewt1.pngNoGod.png.ad371a6007ad3331b97edc913c642d61.pngGodless2.png.52cefbab25551a06267805de1052a42d.png

Update1
Oh god, I have gone in the wrong direction. this thing is awful in every way.

Edited by Desfar

I am currently making "Black Hawk Down" weapons mod and I need some sprites of various boxes with bullets, like 9mm PB, .45 ACP, 5.56x45mm NATO, 7.62x51mm NATO, .50 BMG and .300 Winchester Magnum along with 40mm grenades (for M203 underbarrel grenade launcher) and AT4 missiles.
Is there anything already done by someone or can someone, please, made them? Even vanilla-like is good too.
Of course this dude/dudette gonna be in credits!

Proof that I am really doing something:

Edited by RastaManGames : Added link to "Streamable"...

3 hours ago, zombie_ryushu said:

Is there a forum for requesting Sprites be made?

I can just about guarantee people will just suggest you learn to sprite on your own.