Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

Thanks Gifty and Bass Slapper '89. The idea of a new Blake Stone would be interesting. 

I started working on the walking sprites for another HTC3 enemy. This one will be called marshmallow and will be a medium tier enemy with a high speed but inaccurate machine gun along with a more rarely fired weapon that I still haven't decided on.

marsh.gif.8f07eb5c1aa7ad7a33d4ec482533fb02.gif

Bit of an experiment, testing colour:

Plasmatestparts2.png.b86f44169c40e588b2f0ad0d3414e91a.png

Slight DN3D Shrinker/Expander look though.

Edited by GJC

Posted (edited)

Might try an enemy. A melee zombie guy:

NEWZOMB.png.8ec1312c0816eaed29552336faac88e0.png

Damn, that's nice -- very id-like, but (for once) isn't an obvious-edit of an existing id sprite. Definitely keen to see more of this one.

What an awesome thread. Superb talent round here. Please keep it coming! :D

Posted (edited)

Thanks Xaser, the perspective is off though I'm still getting the hang of it:

NEWZOMBTTT.png.8c253e426ceef147ad7fb987755048a5.png

Edited by GJC

On 1/1/2020 at 6:33 AM, StalkerBlade said:

Some pixel art I made. Kind of a mixture of the Archvile and Pain Elemental.

FlUfDKg.gif

Amazing, I can alrdy  imagine it in a horror style wad.

Some kind of jawless Zombie rough tests:

NEWZOMBM.png.1ba16222a0e3b90057560cedc163ccb4.png

FrankenshitUNO.png.c549ad8685c0863cbcfb1363fc6ddc7a.png

Probably have posted this but hey Im not quite sure.

Rough looking crowd control test:

Screenshot_Doom_MZOMB.png.52368b8b8317349bea7fae883b1977ef.png

These take sooo long, still not done.

6 hours ago, GJC said:

Rough looking crowd control test:

Screenshot_Doom_MZOMB.png.52368b8b8317349bea7fae883b1977ef.png

These take sooo long, still not done.

Looks killer so far! Keep up the good work!

Thanks EndHack and Bass Slapper '89. In GZDooM the sprite clipping option is making differences to the sprite heights when animating where it looks odd. Might have to edit to compensate for it.

10 minutes ago, GJC said:

Thanks EndHack and Bass Slapper '89. In GZDooM the sprite clipping option is making differences to the sprite heights when animating where it looks odd. Might have to edit to compensate for it.

we wanna see dem sprites of the zombiemen~

Which one ThrashMetalFanBert94? I've only got round to the melee one so far. Wasn't sure if I'd do full sets of others although I could try. This one is a bit of a test, not made or scripted enemies before. 

Edited by GJC

I've taken it upon myself to change the Hexen playable characters into female versions. Here's what I have so far for the Fighter. She's blonde because something has to use the gold colors (near the end of the palette) for color-swapping and that seems like a natural thing to use that color; although colors and shading are defined separately so I can switch that around.

I used a posedoll thing for the basic posture from each direction (my initial freehand attempts weren't very good) but otherwise entirely drawn from scratch. I found in an earlier sketch test that a level viewpoint isn't the best, especially for the diagonal directions, so I set the posedoll viewing angle higher. Perhaps too high, since the sprites clip into the ground badly in GZDoom with 3D rendering (the origin point is set between her feet, which can extend well below the origin when positioned forward), but I'm targeting vanilla anyway and it works pretty well there.

There aren't done yet (head and hands are still mostly blobs; have only recently disabled the original sketch layer so having to translate some of that into proper shading), and I still have to do the attack/pain/death animations, and give her a sword for each frame × direction (some to be mirrored from these). And then of course do all this again for the Cleric and Mage. 😩 Also I want to redraw some of the wielded weapon sprites to replace the meaty male hands; already I've redrawn the Fighter's Spiked Gauntlets, at least. I've also cribbed some replacement sounds from another mod; that alone goes a long way toward the experience when playing.

It's been a long uphill battle just to get to this point. But not bad so far for a first serious project, I think.

Female Fighter progress spritesheet.png