Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

LanHikariDS said:

......but I think the eyes look a little unnatural

I gave him glowing yellow eyes to complement his dark blue outfit. And I like the result. :)

Here are some of my new sprite/wallwork:

This is a hybrid of Wolfenstein Bosses. A recoloured Hans Grosse armor from Totenkoph, the face is from something from Majik Monkee's Image World, and same with the golden rank. The swastika was there from Totenkoph.

Ditto, but I have put in some Ramparts-style rock wall, the rock from Lost Episodes.

Hope you enjoy.

antares031 said:

I gave him glowing yellow eyes to complement his dark blue outfit. And I like the result. :)

Very nice! Maybe his eyes change color when he fires. Maybe they give him the added ability to always see invisible. Don't think that's doable just using Dehacked, though.

incase i cant finish shit. these are supposed to be on some form of moonbase map, the latter 2 inconvenient single-shot weapons now excluded

also some oldass monster tryouts yet to decide

Damn great work on those lamp statues. I have already thought of a use for it, as an NPC for a project of mine lol I hope I have your permission. Credits will be yours of course

Curious what stuff you are all using for recoloring.

Slade 3 works but is a little limited because it will change the eyes/blood for instance when I change other things that are the same color. Maybe I am just not using it right.

Is GIMP a good editor? I want to do some crazy color changes that look good. I assume I have to change the coloring for each frame though instead of enter-downarrow-enter-downarrow-ect that Slade 3 offers.

Won't this screw things up since PLAYPAL only has 256 colors?

GZDoom (UDMF)

EDIT: NM, I can use whatever colors I feel like as long as I play in GZDoom.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

GIMP is a great image editor, I wholeheartedly recommend it. It can do everything Photoshop does, is way smaller in size, and it's free.

If you have Windows (might work under Mono too, but I'm not sure), Paint.NET is pretty good too. It is nowhere near as full of features as GIMP, but I've noticed it's easier to do pixel-level manipulations in it. That may just because I used it longer however.

Been messing around with it. I managed to make 1 frame of an imp. It had blue eyes. I assume that there are faster ways to do it (recently found out I can highlight multiple Slade 3 colors which would of saved a lot of lost time)

My only issue is Transparency. When I save it as a 24 BMP in MSPaint - it loses it and I have to add it back in GIMP. I also don't like the fact I can't make the transparency any color (I want voilet or Cyan) to help with the recolouring. My imp horns blend in it too much.

Now with the new screen shots I want to make a purple ish imp like the one in the latest screenshot for DOOM 2016.

@HorrorMovieGuy good thing the "birdmen" atleast are fully functioning for the moment, i have around 5 previous versions of it from some unfinished crap so itll be easy to slap in

idk weapons updaet

HorrorMovieGuy said:

It can do everything Photoshop does

Unfortunately not.

It's still good software, but if you have Photoshop you will not find GIMP to be an upgrade.

Well I have given up with using GIMP for now since it keeps messing stuff up. Certain windows disappear, clunky UI, transparency hiccups, not today.

Going ot stick with Slade 3 remapping for this project. Is there a guide out there for it? For instance I just found out I can drag select stuff to recolor. That would of saved me a lot of time if I have known.

Zemini said:

Well I have given up with using GIMP for now since it keeps messing stuff up. Certain windows disappear, clunky UI, transparency hiccups, not today.

You can switch GIMP to Single Window Mode from the Window menu, which may solve some of the disappearance problems. I found that once I got used to it, the UI isn't as clunky as it initially seems. The only thing I really hate is how difficult GIMP makes it to draw a straight line.

Zemini said:

Going ot stick with Slade 3 remapping for this project. Is there a guide out there for it? For instance I just found out I can drag select stuff to recolor. That would of saved me a lot of time if I have known.

As far as I know the only semi-official documentation for SLADE is on these pages. There is nothing about color remapping unfortunately.

Zemini said:

I know a fair bit about the slade colour remapper, so I can answer questions about it if you like.

Gez said:

Unfortunately not.

It's still good software, but if you have Photoshop you will not find GIMP to be an upgrade.

That's a shame. I'm actually a long-time photoshop user who was trying to get used to GIMP. My first impression was that it had the same features (at least for what I do, which is spriting).

Maz Hades said:

I know a fair bit about the slade colour remapper, so I can answer questions about it if you like.

I can drag and select multiple colors to remap at once. HOw do I select multlple color boxes that are not connected? DOes that make sense? I would think click, Shift click would let me select another color but that isn't the case. cheers

See the "Translation Ranges" subwindow in the top left corner of the "Colour Remap" window. Click the + button to add a new remapping range. Switch between currently existing ranges in the list on the left.

The translation range + helps but makes me have to do one at a time.

I can't really explain this very well. So Ill try my best

Origin Range - I click drag all the red lines from almost white to dark red

Target range - I drag click almost all the blue lines

Now all the colors have been remapped. IT is very easy but..

How can I click the other half of the blue lines? It won't let me click more than what is draggable...since the dark darker blue lines are separated by yellow and orange.

Use the + button to create a new range. Now you should see 2 entries in the list on the top left. Click the first entry, and drag-select an origin range and a target range in the palette tables on the right. Then click the second entry in the list. The first range you've drag-selected will disappear from the palette tables on the right, but it will remain stored in the first entry in the list, and the graphic preview window on the bottom left should still display it working. Now drag-select a second origin range and target range while being in the second entry in the list. The palette tables on the right always show only one translation, but both translations should be applied onto the graphic, which you should be able to see in the preview. Now confirm.

In other words, each entry in the top-left list contains exactly 1 translation range. When you click particular entries, it will show you the respective origin and target ranges of this very entry in the palette tables on the right, and let you edit them, one at a time. But ALL of the entries/translations will be eventually combined and applied onto the graphic after you finally confirm the action, and you can see a preview of this combined result in the bottom-left preview window.

I was looking through my unfinished projects and collecting all my textures in one place for organizing when I rediscovered this pain elemental recolor I was doing. It was going to be something of a Pumpkin Elemental for a Halloween / Hell themed map I never finished. Maybe someday It'll get more attention. I never got far on this first custom monster design. I forget where I was going with this and only have the six frames done.