Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

*zombieman rifle*

I couldnt resist editing this badboy!
here is the result:
OSJC-zombieman-rifle-edits.png
altered stock, boltpull added, added 'uac' lettering under rear sight, eriance muzzleflash (matches other weapons I'm using it with) altered the 'idle' and 'firing' centred sprites to look less overly tall (twas pretty damn huge before), hands added, altered pickup sprite and new frames for 'bolt-pull' anim implemented...

its better with some tweaks to the offsets, so for those interested/too lazy to cut it all out heres a zip with the sprites as intended:

osjc_zm_rifle_edits.zip

Also, I must just say, I fell in love with this thing the moment you posted it.
I love how its got visual references to M16, g36, sig sg550, SLR and even an m41a pulserifle yet its STILL obviously the zombieman rifle. obviously thats also down to its rad bright-steel finish!
its an every-gun that gives no allusions to its purpose. 
Its like the uac thought whats all the best things from every assaultrifle we can think of and put them all in one bad-ass 90's package!

you and DrPyspy have done an astounding job.

Edited by osjclatchford : fixed error on sprites and in zip...

it looks perfect! i was waiting for someone to do this, especially you! i did notice though, there's some odd anomalies on the firing phases:smgFA0.png.4fb7c181315132c65e1cc8c07bfa7e08.pngsmgFB0.png.7e8c9164049921d5f3c2c342c3c5d6ee.png

the red areas seem to fill in with something whenever it fires, while the flash-less sprites don't have these. I presume they might just be shading effects but they looked rather awkward.

yup. thats a fuckup...

thanks for pointing it out and tbh its such a glaring error I'm kinda embarassed its been on there all this time and ive missed it over and over again... for shame...

fixed...

also replaced the sight knob on the boltpull frames

Edited by osjclatchford

3 hours ago, osjclatchford said:

I couldnt resist editing this badboy!
here is the result:
altered stock, boltpull added, added 'uac' lettering under rear sight, eriance muzzleflash (matches other weapons I'm using it with) altered the 'idle' and 'firing' centred sprites to look less overly tall (twas pretty damn huge before), hands added, altered pickup sprite and new frames for 'bolt-pull' anim implemented...

its better with some tweaks to the offsets, so for those interested/too lazy to cut it all out heres a zip with the sprites as intended:

osjc_zm_rifle_edits.zip

Also, I must just say, I fell in love with this thing the moment you posted it.
I love how its got visual references to M16, g36, sig sg550, SLR and even an m41a pulserifle yet its STILL obviously the zombieman rifle. obviously thats also down to its rad bright-steel finish!
its an every-gun that gives no allusions to its purpose. 
Its like the uac thought whats all the best things from every assaultrifle we can think of and put them all in one bad-ass 90's package!

you and Drdryspy have done an astounding job.

thank you, but the carry handle is based off the indonesian ssp pinidad rifle, and the forarm grip was from AR17 bullpup rifle, main frame was from ealy CAWs prototype

watch me commisson drpyspy again with a upcoming smg, bayonet rifle and maybe a space garand

Slowly working on this beast and getting the pictures processed and palleted for basic doom.
This will likely be my last update on this beastie until I finish the damned thing.

GolemWalk.gif

Edited by Desfar : Wrong Version uploaded

1 hour ago, Desfar said:

Slowly working on this beast and getting the pictures processed and palleted for basic doom.
This will likely be my last update on this beastie until I finish the damned thing.

GolemWalk.gif

That's better. Through the motions I can identify its structure.

1 hour ago, osjclatchford said:

"Victims... arent we all..."

file.php?id=43763&mode=view

credits to Monolith, Id Software, DNF2013, Craneo and of course, me!

yes some of you may remember that I released a version of these on the zdoom forums some time ago.

twas based on the dnf2013 sprites that were in turn based on the blood innocents.

it was a bit of a rush but it did the job rather well.

A little while later, craneo took them and attempted to clean them up and doomify them a bit.
He did a grand job, especially with the cleanup but I felt the faces he chose, although a vast improvement on mine, looked a little odd.

So out of the blue, I've decided to revisit these today and managed to doomify them even more!

I used his cleanup as a base and a lot of work to the heads meant that they now fit in with their undead zombieman/shotgunguy brothers in-game... well, visually anyhow, they spend most of their time running away from them in terror! LOL

plus they look great in citymaps
file.php?id=43764&mode=view
Also I suggest using them with blood's innocent sounds. they surprisingly fit in nicely as living decorations now...

By the way, I'd love to see an edit of this with a labcoat on but I'm buggered if I can manage it.

If anyone' up to the task please do so! 

looks nice, but make it  abit of doomy style, in the near future

8 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

ezgif.com-gif-maker17.gif

Experimenting with recoloring lost souls to make nuclear soul, I don't think flame comes out quite right.

Looks good to me. If you're testing this out to e.g. use in a mod, I did something similar that might be useful and save you some time (although in retrospect I think maybe the original ID flames are better, I found them hard to draw):

On 10/29/2021 at 2:42 PM, holaareola said:

Robotic lost soul sprite. Green so you can set dehacked colour flag and get green and red variants without using up loads of new frames.

robosoul.png.17ac552d29dc7fc830a94b97ba3e0a26.png

Full frame set here:

robosoul.zip

5 hours ago, TommyGalano5 said:

🍞

I am Bread2: Time to Jam

23 hours ago, holaareola said:

Looks good to me. If you're testing this out to e.g. use in a mod, I did something similar that might be useful and save you some time (although in retrospect I think maybe the original ID flames are better, I found them hard to draw):

I had a feeling someone else was doing exactly the same recolor, but didn't spot it.

I decided to upload my sprite replacement too. Currently lumps are named to replace lost soul sprites, although it is planned for a mod in the future.

greenlostsoul.zip

On 5/23/2022 at 8:25 PM, Desfar said:

GolemWalk.gif

Could you please make a truecollor version also? Seeing the the sprite, paletting will probably screw it.

On 5/25/2022 at 1:28 PM, TommyGalano5 said:

🍞

Untitled264_20220525181059.png

L O A F

This is fantastic! I love it!

Heres the finished product of my insanity.
3 Versions of the sprites whipped together, in Doom, Hexen, and Base render colors.
Though the only thing I'm unhappy with is my inability to make a good death/exdeath look.
So if anyone makes a decent version of the death sprites (GOLWP) then post them here, or send them to me.

I also have the Raw files prior to downsizing them to sprite size, but they were above the files size allowed even after the ZIP compression.
HMU if you want those files, and i can email them to ya or something.

Golem_Sprites.zip

Edited by Desfar

24 minutes ago, Desfar said:

Heres the finished product of my insanity.
3 Versions of the sprites whipped together, in Doom, Hexen, and Base render colors.
Though the only thing I'm unhappy with is my inability to make a good death/exdeath look.
So if anyone makes a decent version of the death sprites (GOLWP) then post them here, or send them to me.

Golem_Sprites.zip

Oh boy they look great!

If I knew or could be bothered to program and actual monster out of it, I would!