Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

holy shit! thats amazing. when i posted my originial concept for that on the zdoom forums and left it to be picked upby someone else I did not expect it to ever look this good!

are there more frames coming? death/gib etc?

only thing that keeps sticking in my eye is that from some angles the pelvis looks like apair of bollocks but that just adds tot he disturbing nature of it.

genital looking stuff is always disturbing when its paired with general body horror like this!

I love how it looks like its been constructed or has mutated out of bits of the dead/hanging bodies from DooMII... 

In my mind it makes the same old gargoyle noises from heretic.

Annoying little airborne rats that need a good shotgun blast to the face...

purely excellent work. I can't say enough good things about it...

A simple pallete swap for a shadow monster.
Im working on merging this with the submerged monster sprites for its movements, but this should do decently as a free drop.

Edit: For the sake of sanity for those who like my d-tier work, i included a wad with the bright maps, and the GLDEF needed for them.
Ignore the half baked decorate attached.

ShadowSkull.png

Shadows.zip

Edited by Desfar : Brightmapping for others.

On 6/7/2022 at 8:45 AM, TommyGalano5 said:

yep it's still in the works so for now have a D A K K A

GIF-220606_233445.gif

That's REALLY cool. If I can suggest some improvements, I would make the barrel one line of pixels thicker when seen from the side, and I would say to add a fast frame of animation right after the muzzleflash where the the barrel has recoiled into the gun by like two pixels, and the belt has moved. It would be easy to show on a huge gun like this, and it would really make the animation look very lively and impactful.

Slowmo example here.

As always, I love seeing your sprites.

On 6/7/2022 at 12:38 AM, XLightningStormL said:

2D Flood Lights
zFWsDfZ.png
From memory, based off of a really basic sprite from an Aliens Mod that was made by ContraCommando (IIRC) I more or less overhauled it and gave it rotations.

Will eventually release it with BRIGHTMAPS and code (featuring Spotlights) on realm667 one day.

I was totally going to make one from scratch for my maps!! this is so awesome bro, do you by chance have a download link? I would love to use your version of these floods. also real quick question, does realm 667 still accept sprite submissions? because I got some enemies and weapons that fit the style of doom perfectly, I have been wondering about that since I heard of realm.

Just made this Springfield bolt action Rifle from scratch using aseprite and my handy hands sprite sheet. check it out and tell me what you think. I think it fits the doom aesthetic pretty well which is what I aim for. download available on youtube in description if you want to give it a try! 

28 minutes ago, Tyler-J said:

Just made this Springfield bolt action Rifle from scratch using aseprite and my handy hands sprite sheet. check it out and tell me what you think. I think it fits the doom aesthetic pretty well which is what I aim for. download available on youtube in description if you want to give it a try! 

The animation looks amazing!
And I think you nailed the aesthetic.

17 minutes ago, Desfar said:

The animation looks amazing!
And I think you nailed the aesthetic.

Thanks! I'm seriously thinking about a scoped version with the alt fire and zoom function.

8 hours ago, Tyler-J said:

I was totally going to make one from scratch for my maps!! this is so awesome bro, do you by chance have a download link? I would love to use your version of these floods. also real quick question, does realm 667 still accept sprite submissions? because I got some enemies and weapons that fit the style of doom perfectly, I have been wondering about that since I heard of realm.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l8fyp5xz615yidu/FloodLamps.pk3/file

No destructions though yet.

Made a very fancy skeleton hand model so that I can make imitations of the Hexen mage hand poses with the skeleton.
Any recommendations about the coloring, or such?
This is a extremely rough draft.

SkeleHand.png

On 6/10/2022 at 3:28 PM, Desfar said:

Made a very fancy skeleton hand model so that I can make imitations of the Hexen mage hand poses with the skeleton.
Any recommendations about the coloring, or such?
This is a extremely rough draft.

SkeleHand.png

agitated tho

29 minutes ago, Tsran908 said:

stupid more gun spider

Really nice sprites, I would like to use some of your sprites maybe in a future project, is it possible? I really like your sprites and they are perfect for my projects heh

Here's Jason Voorhees from "Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives" in Wolfenstein 3D form.

Wolf3d Jason.png I might use him for my Friday the 13th Wad.

(CREDITS) Monolith productions (for the hockey mask) Id Software for (Hitler) (Some guy who made the Jason sprite) though I don't remember his name.

2 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

Really nice sprites, I would like to use some of your sprites maybe in a future project, is it possible? I really like your sprites and they are perfect for my projects heh

sure man 

just give credit for original sprite Author 

for me is optional

Anyone have any good streetlight sprites?

Black wrought iron style is preferable, but honestly anything is better than those short stock techlamps.

6 hours ago, Fraston said:

Anyone have any good streetlight sprites?

Black wrought iron style is preferable, but honestly anything is better than those short stock techlamps.

From BPRD's Grove:
POL6A0.png.aa6215270b6bc9151ebf48e8e36c34b5.png
Looks pretty great when it's set as always lit.

On 6/14/2022 at 5:11 AM, kwc said:

From BPRD's Grove:
POL6A0.png.aa6215270b6bc9151ebf48e8e36c34b5.png
Looks pretty great when it's set as always lit.

That’s exactly the kind of style I was looking for! Thank you!

Edited by Fraston

1 hour ago, kwc said:

My vote is for the latter off-white version

Seconded - the dirtier the better.

3 hours ago, Burgish_Nilwert said:

Seconded - the dirtier the better.

5 hours ago, kwc said:

My vote is for the latter off-white version

Then the masses have spoken.
Next time I pop my head out of my Doom cubicle I will have a decent(ish) translation of the Hexen hands into a skeleboner.
By the time I'm done, I'm gonna find Decoration more fun to work with.