Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

On 7/3/2022 at 9:46 AM, Tsran908 said:

strange  cybrusier

plaexisbrusier.png

plaexisbrusier.zip

The splotches of saturated colors over dark makes me think of some of Diablo's palette swapping for special monsters.

Hello everyone, I have remade Brutal Doom's old sprite based tanks into a model that has been rendered into sprites. As practice for making my own more original vehicle models.

I have made a full sprite sheet of the tanks' chassis moving and being destroyed, and of the turret firing it's cannon and minigun, and being destroyed.

Here is a preview sprite sheet of some of the tank sprites I have made:

JgNjdNA.png

And here are Brutal Doom's own tank sprites for reference:

zFLFhzW.png 59DQ6Lp.png EVWXGuC.png

This is not the complete sprite set as I have made 100 sprites for the turret alone, and adding them manually in a sheet would take forever.

ErRj9aRl.png

Instead, I have packaged all of the sprites in an archive, and have also made dedicated editor sprites for the tank*, and have went over and given offsets to all of them, so nobody else has to do that themselves. The archive includes a test actor with code comments inside it for modders, the comments are instructions on how to properly use the sprites in-game without rendering issues.
In addition to the full prepared sprite sheet and instructions on how to use it, I have also made the Blender project files for the tank public.

The downloads for both the full sprite sheet and the Blender project files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1m8vJcHwGYLmTEdO88GilaL_4-9HtR0cl?usp=sharing

I have also made a few renders of the tank:

Spoiler

4zImmMb.png

eLqmPL0.png

b1f78Z6.png

The full resolution renders can be found in this album: https://imgur.com/a/YyOAGsZ

*The tank is meant to be used with the chassis and turret being separate actors, so only one of the two halves of the tank would appear in UDB or SLADE, so I made editor sprites of the whole tank for this purpose. Of course, you can also just put together the chassis and turret sprites, and turn the tank into a single actor if you want.

Just finished a remade sprite sheet of Brutal Doom's turret a few hours ago. The model is based off the remake of BD's turret that TommyGalano5 made last year. This time, there were also few enough sprites for me to make a full actual sprite sheet.

XFKDPth.png

Marine not included since I can only make sprites using model renders. Here are TG5's original sprites for comparison:

file.php?id=41924

And of course, here are some renders of the turret, along with the fully cropped and offsetted turret spritesAnd the Blender project file for the model itself.

Spoiler

gYE9n1q.jpg

Y6QBy15.jpg

Imgur album

This is probably the last model I'll make for now that is just a remake of something that already exists.

Here are some weapon sprites for a mod I'm working on...

Spoiler

PLNKA0.PNG.7f097d108db1f139c9e6e8d02991be39.PNGREVOA0.PNG.6f20a5ab0048691fb3b7a9935e866ffc.PNGSTKRA0.PNG.a1e79f2ecaa92a44e15518724150ddc2.PNG

Made with libreoffice impress and edited in gimp

"Unfortunately, Hell's entertainment industry has a tendency to be rather derivative."

-An artist's action-figure prototype for a new franchise: -Motile Uniform THUNDAM-

action-figure1.png

The Elite Guard(by Enjay, Globe, and Gothic) is a nice set of sprites, but put next Doom monsters its Wolf3d/Blake Stone-derived
bobble-head features look a bit out of place.

compare1.png

.flash added to 'shooting' sprites
.added non-mirrored sprites(A6-A8) for 'preparing to shoot1', 'preparing to shoot2', and 'shooting'
.added non-mirrored feet & legs for A5-A8 on all walking sprites
.reversed positions of legs on G5 and H5
.flattened final sprite for 1st set of death sprites
.overall--
    -head is smaller, boots & legs longer

eliteguardv2.png

The difference isn't incredible, but it definitely makes them fit in better.

Download for cut-apart version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Mf3N03nsccBT0rLZ87V8gz50gWnRnTml/view?usp=sharing

Free to use if appropriate credit is given.

1.pngVILEA1D1.pngVILEK8.pngVILEJ8.pngVILES0.png

Haven't yet properly tested this fellow, but what could go wrong? How do you guy make sprite sheets anyway? No way you do it manually.

4 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

1.pngVILEA1D1.pngVILEK8.pngVILEJ8.pngVILES0.png

Haven't yet properly tested this fellow, but what could go wrong? How do you guy make sprite sheets anyway? No way you do it manually.

He reminds me of "DBP22: Biotech is Godzilla"'s archvile, who summons a pillar of lightning with an eletric discharge noise.

VILEA1D1.png.b1c9f856b85be22ab66ac2551d85d15f.pngVILEP2.png.31d3e1bfc55eaa17c6f82b938109c0c9.png
Anyways, I use a free program called " Cyotek Spriter" for making sprite sheets.

Here's a Hanging head sprite I've worked on DOOM REFIRED, be sure to credit me if you want to use it B). 

unknown.png 

_[Sin nombre]-3.0 (Color RGB Entero gamma de 8 bits, GIMP built-in sRGB, 1 capa) 64x64 – GIMP 13_07_2022 23_03_19 (3).png

transparent version.

HHEDA0.png.8a270adc7092d63a6f9ec521acd4ea97.png

Edited by DevilMyEyes

On 7/7/2022 at 5:39 AM, inkoalawetrust said:

Just finished a remade sprite sheet of Brutal Doom's turret a few hours ago. The model is based off the remake of BD's turret that TommyGalano5 made last year. This time, there were also few enough sprites for me to make a full actual sprite sheet.

XFKDPth.png

Marine not included since I can only make sprites using model renders. Here are TG5's original sprites for comparison:

file.php?id=41924

And of course, here are some renders of the turret, along with the fully cropped and offsetted turret spritesAnd the Blender project file for the model itself.

Reveal hidden contents

gYE9n1q.jpg

Y6QBy15.jpg

Imgur album

This is probably the last model I'll make for now that is just a remake of something that already exists.

had to use a turret as a base and look what i did with xim's ass droid (yanno, probe droid)
and look how it turn up 

image.png.651be4b21d7d48a090691e18b6f2f27b.png
image.png.bf9233266187350394fb8ba1f60a49f6.png

21 minutes ago, HorrorMovieRei said:

Crusader-like Doom guy I'm making for the Goth Doom package I made a while back. Still needs heavy polish and coloring is underway, but i'm happy with the results thus far.

knight-2.gif.ba46564dff4c1aaf0a7232803c2600ee.gif

ooo, sounds exciting

Needed a blue wizard kind of guy for a distant future project. Repainted dark bishop in doom palette. Still trying to figure out the sprite sheet generator.

spritesheet.png

Someone made some skull HUD mug sprites a while back.  So we're about 50% of the way to a full Spooky Skeleton TC.

I like that.

On 6/6/2022 at 8:49 AM, osjclatchford said:

holy shit! thats amazing. when i posted my originial concept for that on the zdoom forums and left it to be picked upby someone else I did not expect it to ever look this good!

are there more frames coming? death/gib etc?

only thing that keeps sticking in my eye is that from some angles the pelvis looks like apair of bollocks but that just adds tot he disturbing nature of it.

genital looking stuff is always disturbing when its paired with general body horror like this!

I love how it looks like its been constructed or has mutated out of bits of the dead/hanging bodies from DooMII... 

In my mind it makes the same old gargoyle noises from heretic.

Annoying little airborne rats that need a good shotgun blast to the face...

purely excellent work. I can't say enough good things about it...

Might be the coolest monster I've seen, I really thank you for posting in the original concept so that Tommy could do this cool shit. Also, if you ever wondered where this monster concept comes from it's in this project DOOM REFIRED, I mainly suggested two things to Tommy: A red/white color change and just making it even more creepier. And then he came up with the spine wings/body and I thought that was even cooler because It just fits in with the idea of a body horror monster we had for the episode he's gonna be in, like it was made in a lab or something like you said. Note: You can see the making of this monster in the discord server of the Refired project. 

( this was the early version of the monster, just a quick edit I did to show the ideas that I wanted, flesh and bones.)

image.png.d31fa13dd2faf543e3b158239f5e0c9e.png

Edited by DevilMyEyes

New project is another digital render.
49 Frames, 8 angles. 
Grand total of almost 400 FramesI need to touch up in Gimp.
While this can be downscaled more to look like doom, im favoring more of a mm6 sprite style

Ghoul.gif

Edited by Desfar : Gif better

2 hours ago, TommyGalano5 said:

Untitled445_20220728210506.png

I think, legs on the 5th are a bit too small, giving it an isometric vibe.

Trying recreate clutch from qc,i want create addon for qcde with this sprite and maybe all clutch skins for inquisitor.

12.png

Sorry for white background I don't know how in ibis x save picture with transparent background.

2 hours ago, Wad overdose said:

12.png

Sorry for white background I don't know how in ibis x save picture with transparent background.

Go to layers, and change the background color from flat white to one of the checkered patterns. Save as transparent should work then.

Sorry for being offtopic here, but...
Is there anyone who can help me with weapon sprites?
I have them, but they are w/o any arms.
And... I am just poor mapper with low ACS/Decorate/ZScript knowledge.
Spriting isn't my thing at all...

Nice!  I've actually been trying to stick those goat legs on the vanilla hell knight myself and was never able to get them to a point that I was happy with.

Those look great!