Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

4 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

It could be possible yeah. My plan is to make a boom compatible version of the cybalrog for The Chilling Winds or Dis, of which I can do future ZDoom dynamic stuffs in the future

Here are some concepts I made at work the other day for the Dis cyberdemon. I’m toying with a different face design that is more human-esque. Inspired by the Surtur from the third Thor movie. I may end up going with a classic demon face design though. It’s up in the air. The page on the right is the rocket launcher replacement, which is the demon’s severed arm

This little guy made me smile so much

Face.png

On 12/2/2022 at 1:43 AM, Desfar said:

This sucker is far bigger than I meant, but it should be fine.

Slapping clay onto the frame to add some meat onto dem bones.

Gonna need alot for the limbs to survive the pixelation process.

Otherwise I'm gonna take posture examples from the revenant for the walk cycle as my rough draft.

Any ideas or modifications anyone can imagine?

20221201_222646.jpg

Oh dude, this looks so cool.  I'd love to see how a few photos turn out.

For mods: you have that nice ribcage there, if you want an easy mod consider throwing some colored LEDs in there and see how it looks.

One sprite for a WIP enemy for a gameplay mod I'm making... Also some weapon sprites. These would be scaled down using the texture editor in slade. Lazy I know, but it's way better than touching up each individual sprite

Spoiler

DRAGA0.PNG.5a3a2488c453bbd0f4730a15ce16923d.PNGHWZRA0.PNG.23b26ffb1913efb2bac6a5b36d5ac221.PNGHWZRB0.PNG.111bbf94cab34715b9180bf8e5a22f67.PNGHWZRC0.PNG.ba9f5ced5663003798882f1b41ed863f.PNGHWZRD0.PNG.b7e33b890175ae6f59331719c632cea2.PNGHWZRE0.PNG.04719f090a2d8cd7c502b100c473ea5f.PNGHWZRF0.PNG.236f620b4c145a8596b57267c7de73db.PNG

On 12/3/2022 at 10:12 PM, Ganbare-Lucifer said:

image.png

Ghost Sphere

That could be used as an evil Soulsphere that deals damage instead of healing you. 

On 10/10/2021 at 6:26 PM, openxt said:

You did that on mobile? Holy cow

On 10/10/2021 at 6:24 PM, TommyGalano5 said:

Ocean Astronaut

Screenshot_20211011-044245.png

Screenshot_20211010-204208.png

if you happened to have a full sprite let me know. would be nice if it had a weapon.

On 2/7/2022 at 8:22 AM, kinnerokhn said:

here sprites if someone wants to use it (creds : id software, realm667)
p1.png.90a74f414720bf41269a13f3ef6b45c8.pngp2.png.b6262bd6eeb8e819f1990ed6ef661b0f.pngp3.png.e73f4411fcc5abda9a49239af80faf6c.pngp4.png.63354b35ddf2b3a9a77772d85d6107d0.png

got one with some smoother animation?

Dark gunner, because I'm too dang prone to monochrome colors, and working on a few weapon variations of the fellow.

Dark Gunner.png

27 minutes ago, Tsran908 said:

Bruisercydemon.zip

I wanted to make 2 types of cybruisers for my personal bestiary, one using your previous iternation of it that shoots rockets and fireballs and the classic one that alternate between rocket and plasma. Wonder if maybe I should just make one that does all 3. And/or a chaingun for good measure.

IMG_4849.jpg

Hey kids! As I’m sure you’ve seen around, myself and a few other talented folks have been chipping away at PUSS XXII’s bestiary  to reimagine the iconic doomons as cold bottom dwelling nightmare things!

Ive done the lost soul, hell knight, imp, Archie, and am working on the cyber. 

@muumi is responsible for the PE

@horselessheadsman did the caco.

@INfront95 did the revenant. 
@Death Bear is working on the zombies

and @myolden helped with the Baron. 

We’d ideally like to have every monster replaced with a reimagining sometime before the end of December (which to be fair is a rather tight deadline. I’ll be willing to release the final versions of the wad sometime in January or February, but I don’t want it in dev hell for too long) Issue is: there are three monsters that currently have neither any art concepts nor an artist attributed to it. Since I’m busy finishing up the Archie and the cyberdemon replacement, I can’t address the final three myself with the deadline in scope:

The Mancubus

The Arachnotron 

And the Spider Mastermind

Ideally, I’d like for the replacement sprites to be thematic modifications of the original rather than an imported design done elsewhere (like just grabbing the manc sprites from AAliens for example). If you’re interested in claiming one of these slots to help out with the project and have your work be featured in the latest PUSS please DM me. I’m very curious to see what sort of concepts can be made for these demons. I have no flipping clue how to turn the two spiders into a deep-hell frozen abomination for example. I have a slight idea for the manc being a thinner and sicklier version of the doom3 manc with slime weapons, but that’s it. 

Thanks! Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 hour ago, BluePineapple72 said:

The Mancubus

Have you considered @Ganbare-Lucifer's cryomancubus sprites? Would be more thematically appropriate than the AA manc and probably could be adapted to the palette you're working with, although maybe still not as sickly and eldritch looking as you'd ideally want. Just a thought!

834310649_cryomancubus-byGanbare-Lucifer.png.c07f0ea03cd0c932eec2e25efb2bd1ba.png

25 minutes ago, Big Ol Billy said:

Have you considered @Ganbare-Lucifer's cryomancubus sprites? Would be more thematically appropriate than the AA manc and probably could be adapted to the palette you're working with, although maybe still not as sickly and eldritch looking as you'd ideally want. Just a thought!

834310649_cryomancubus-byGanbare-Lucifer.png.c07f0ea03cd0c932eec2e25efb2bd1ba.png

Those could work as a basis for modification! I had envisioned the manc as having more green elements since green isn’t represented a whole lot in our texture/sprite set, but this blue could be a very good alternative! All I’d need to do would be to thin him down a bit and he’d make a good Discubus. A very good candidate. 

NecroCrude.png.78f2c481e97252b49a0337b77cbb61a8.png 
Not the most useful for Doom general, but another churned out AI sprite. Downscaled with some touchups.

this guy is still 80x80, which would likely translate into a 80x150 full size.
Translated into doom would be closer to the baseline soldiers, elements of the outfit are salvageable such as the shoulder, amulet, and hood with the facemask.
of course this also encounters the classic issue of just being a single sprite out of an entire sheet.
In summary, AI remains a pain in the ass.
Edit: Scratch that. maybe there is some merit overall
Proofofconcept.png.ab4ab62c3636d941a51b2da672eff362.png

Edited by Desfar

12 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Still have to decide if I want to put the extra effort into giving him digitigrade legs and a different stomach or not.

Just in terms of making it look like a cohesive sprite? I'd say different stomach would be a good idea, different legs aren't necessary. But that's only knowing what it looks like from the front.