Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Akira1364

Doom 3 was NEVER "impressive" graphically, or even above-average graphically.

Well, I admit that Doom 3 wasn't like Doom and Doom II but, that's the point- a different approach of Doom or a reboot. It handled that feeling id wanted, atmosphere. I for one actually found the campaign MUCH more immersive than Halo:Combat Evolved(sadly I don't have HL2). The Halo CE campaign just seemed too short and fast. IMO Doom 3 handled its campaign perfectly in a linear form and rocked! Sure the models looked blocky abit but so what? Did you enjoy it? Its the gameplay that counts the most(think of a game with HD graphics, but very limited movement, features and etc...SNES games and there features...but with HD looks...not cool). I for one think it's also a great way to introduce new gamers into the world of Doom and its history, cause not many people will be interested in pixelated games, now would they at first?
BTW Doom basically started the FPS craze, right? And Wolf 3D was the beginning?
Doom 3 rocked but its just not that fun to play again, cause you knoe what's going to happen.

MetroidJunkie said:

That wouldn't be a problem as they could split it into two discs if they absolutely had to, games like Resident Evil 4 did as much.

Actually it would be a problem, Goldeneye Rogue Agent had two discs but the graphics were still scaled down more than the Xbox version, so graphically the game would look like ass.