Find results in...
Captain Skippy

How many of you still play Doom?

how many of you still play doom  

39 members have voted

1. 1. how many of you still play doom

• yes
    • no

Hells yes. Design, play, coop, deathmatch...you name it.

I just finished playing ZDaemon :P I was down like 38-30 at one point in that dwango5 map07 level before tying it at 49-49 and losing in that last frag.

Well, about half a year ago I'd have found this poll downright redundant and silly (we're on Doomworld after all), however, now that I know that DW houses all those Heretic and Hexen fans (not to mention the influx of Doom 3 interested newbies) it's a more acceptable poll.

And yes, Hell yes, I still play Doom - I even still play through e1, e2, and e3 of Doom 1 on occasion.

Yeah, i still play the ageing beast - although i spend more time building wads for it.

Well, I do fool around with freedoom whenever I get the inclination to. But I don't play it as much as I used to. I'm probably gonna start up again when summer comes.

Yeah I play Doom, right now though, I don't have it installed, because I lost my discs. Guess I'll have to save up and buy Doom, Doom II and Final Doom from the ID site.

I check the good /newstuff levels every week. Sometimes I replay a level or two of The Darkening, but nah, I don't play that often.

bigbadgangsta said:

Yeah I play Doom, right now though, I don't have it installed, because I lost my discs. Guess I'll have to save up and buy Doom, Doom II and Final Doom from the ID site.

That's what they all say.

Fook yeah, I play Doom (2, Ultimate, Final) all the time.
I also enjoy watching COMPET-N demos a lot too.

I'm trying to hack my way through the last few AV.wad maps now. I'm just about through map24 "demonic hordes". should be finshed it by the end of the weekend.

NOTE: I know that alien vandetta is now severl months old, but It got distroyed when my old computer died. I only recenty redownloaded it and i'm one of those people who'll play halfway through a wad, leave it for a few months, and come back to it agian.

I don't mind replaying AV over and over. The pyramid map is just so damn nice. The only level I can skip is where you start surrounded by revenant, BOH and HK + a cyberdemon, don't know the exact map# but if you haven't played that map yet good luck.

Darkstalker said:

The only level I can skip is where you start surrounded by revenant, BOH and HK + a cyberdemon, don't know the exact map# but if you haven't played that map yet good luck.

Suggested course of action: GET OUTTA THAT PLACE REALLY FAST!

dsm said:

Suggested course of action: GET OUTTA THAT PLACE REALLY FAST!

The 1st time I played it I saved the game too late...Everytime I loaded I went KABOOM ! Dying not even after 5 seconds gets me pissed off pretty bad but after about 15-20 tries, I manage to survive and finish that damn level. It's a fun one, but it's the hardest level I've ever played. Yesterday I played it with Jdoom and freedoom textures for the 1st time, not bad at all. It's much better than Zdoom. I can't wait to be at the pyramid.

Darkstalker said:
^_^ above post

since starting AV I've got into the habbit of using a 'backup' save game. map24: demonic hordes is starting to get on my nervs a bit though. But i've got the feeling it's only going to get worse...