Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

building question

has anyone ever seen/built a free standing archway, like the washinton square park arch in nyc or arc de triumph in france. I'm trying to build one for a park area in a big city wad.

That's easy. Remember that the sky is simply a ceiling texture. Simply stick the arch to the sky. Make the upper part of the archway like beam on the "sky ceiling" Then make the rest like you would make a pillar.

Yeah, exactly. Just make a room with the sky as the ceiling texture, then make a "beam" on the sky, then make "stairs coming down from the beam in very small increments.

VileSlay said:

has anyone ever seen/built a free standing archway

Check screenshots in Piper at the Gates of DooM for examples of arches.

Using the slope feature in ZDooM, you can make even better looking arches.

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/Images/Entry/entry03.jpg

A series of arches (using Zdoom slopes).

Didn't use image tags cos the pic is 800x600 IIRC

Heh, those levels look rather nice. I thought the first pic was from Quake 2 since I saw the Q 2 shotgun in there. Where can I download this level, BTW?

Enjay said:

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/Images/Entry/entry03.jpg

A series of arches (using Zdoom slopes).

Damn you, Nigel! Damn you to a very hot place in which a snowball has no chance, and which is faintly reminiscent of brimstone, where little critters with pointy tails and pitchforks frolic in the ashes as flames lick at their tiny hooves, and a nasty Overlord rules with putrescence and an iron fist. Yes, indeed. There's where you shall get your just reward.

One word: Aspects.

VileSlay is doing vanilla doom2 editing, don't make his head hurt, guys. :)

ow, that does make my head hurt a little, thanks biff. I'm getting a headache with the scale of the level.