Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coolkids

Completing Cheetahmen II?

There's no doubt that the game is full of bugs, very bad to the point of unplayable, and very incomplete. But my question is, Has anyone ever tried completing it? The modding community is capable of many things. Ive seen things done to game I thought were never possible. So It'd be cool to see someone fully complete Cheetahmen II.

There was someone that wrote a patch to make the levels play in the right order, but nothing like you're saying. You'd just be better making a homebrew or a fangame from the ground up if you wanted this "complete" version to be any good.

Even if you fix the most obvious bugs, you'll be left with a very shitty platformer game, with ugly-ass graphics and random enemies, that'd still make Hard Head look like a masterpiece:

In fact, not being able to double-jump and skip most of the levels would make it WORSE imo.

A remake of Cheetahmen could be okay, but it would need to be fresh from the ground up. The game is garbage, regardless of the glitches... The whole damn thing is one big glitch. I am sorta fond of the Cheetah characters and the theme music though, to be dead honest.

Completing it? No. Pass. There are better NES games to conquer. Did you mean completing it like finishing the game? Those that can program don't waste their time on games they don't have the rights to. NES is a tough platform to program for, but anything can be done with enough time.

I always thought Action 52 must have been some college class to make NES games and its all a bunch of class projects.

As a professional programmer I've had to look over programming portfolios of college projects for software and games and a lot of it is awful, but I guess that's why those people are looking for a job instead of having one.

The SunA looks like a "fine game," but the real problem is the rainbow vomit up until 6 minutes in then it gets better.

It has platforming, brick breaking, conveyer belts, smashing, platforms affected by your weight, AI smart enough to jump gaps, a bubble gun. Its a well programmed game from the look of it. The soccer ball to the goal is a really nice touch that makes it unique.

geo said:

The SunA looks like a "fine game," but the real problem is the rainbow vomit up until 6 minutes in then it gets better.

It has platforming, brick breaking, conveyer belts, smashing, platforms affected by your weight, AI smart enough to jump gaps, a bubble gun. Its a well programmed game from the look of it. The soccer ball to the goal is a really nice touch that makes it unique.

You seemed to have overlooked the mockery of physics and sanity that is the player character's jump arch, the enemies that flip out if they walk too close to the edge of the screen, and that SunA is the name of the company and not the game.

Altazimuth said:

If you're interested in how Action 52 came to be, this page (and site) may be of interest to you: http://www.cheetahmengames.com/MYQUESTISOVER.html

Ah so an audio engineer that knew a programmer was contracted to make 52 games in 3 months after going to Utah to receive Nintendo development training. Didn't see that one coming.

Jaxxoon R said:

You seemed to have overlooked the mockery of physics and sanity that is the player character's jump arch, the enemies that flip out if they walk too close to the edge of the screen, and that SunA is the name of the company and not the game.

Woops on all counts.